So, it’s Mother’s Day. I don’t have a whole lot to say about that. I have a pretty good relationship with my mother. We don’t always see eye-to-eye on things. But, she’s always supported me. There was a time I took her for granted, when I was so sure I’d rather go live with my dad. After spending three weeks with him one summer, I’m glad that one never to pass. I actually have a lot more mixed feelings when it comes to father’s day.
My husband brought home a new computer chair on Friday, so I can finally move back to my desk for my writing. The girl brought me home a chocolate bar from school with a special wrapper on it. Then, we went out and got Chinese for dinner and I got a flower there(they were handing them out to I think every woman who came in, even if she didn’t have kids with her). And we got groceries. Saturday the husband was helping to teach a dive class at the school’s swimming pool. Our church was also having a work day, and my mil took the kids with her to help with that(they wanted to go), so I had the house to myself for a few hours. Then, we went to my sister’s for my niece’s 14th birthday. Can’t believe she’s 14 already. I can still remember holding her after she born. And when we got home, we finally got the kids’ “new” swingset put up.
Today, they’re planning to take me out for breakfast(I’m shooting for Ihop if they’re not too busy. strawberry banana pancakes. yum) and ice cream at one of the local places later. Other than that, I mostly plan to read for the day. And try to remember to send my mom a text sometime(she knows me enough to not expect an actual phone call).
As for how this week has gone, see below:
Still Burning– finish Story Toolkit, Outline– finished Act 3 beat sheet, Act 4 beat sheet 13/13 sections of Story Toolkit done, Outlined through Act 1. I figure I’ll update outline as I get to each act so I don’t go so far off course. I do have all the chapters and scenes set up, though.
- Jayla’s Story(Gilbert, Co #7) –
brainstorm, character back stories, plot summary, get through Story Toolkit: Supporting Characters – got the brainstorming done.
- Not Meant to Be – Add 53000 words/28 scenes to finish 1st draft – 11083 words/13 scenes finished this month, 6407 words/7 scenes this week
- Toby brushed hair off Jonas’ forehead. “I have to go. Mom’s going to take you home. I’ll come check on you there.” And he really hoped his brother would be able to describe this guy for them. He’d made a mistake going after Toby’s family, and Toby was ready to prove it to him.
- Side Projects –
Add 4400 words between all projects– 4997/4400 words, 3004 words this week
- Midas’ Daughter – 134 words – This was an unusual indulence. To be able to move around without anyone having an eye on her. She moved straight to Ariadne’s stall. “Hey, girl,” she said as the horse huffed softly. “I know it’s early. But, I’ve missed you.”
- Roman – 128 words – Roman would have argued away the inciting a riot charge, but Toby said he deserved it. Roman didn’t understand why. Yes, he’d done wrong, but there was more haunting him than carrying a gun he shouldn’t have and following his fellow gang members into this fight.
- Mike & Fadil – 322 words – “You do that, Mike,” his boss said, and he was pretty sure there was laughter in the man’s voice. Mike decided to ignore that and went back out to face Fadil.
- Dougal & Shae – 107 words – “What do you know? Not my sister. I do know her. She’s been thinking of you, whether she’ll ever admit it or not.” *Oh, Donovan, you meddler.
- Mason & Lila – 532 words – But, Mason lifted her hand. “Let me see,” he said. Then, his lips brushed over the tips of her fingers on her right hand.
- Hang On – 118 words – I’d dreamed too many night of having my arms around him. But, not quite like this. Not when he had someone else under his skin.
- Jacob and Matthew – 141 words – “Barrett,” he greeted his friend. “I wasn’t sure whether to expect you in town.”
- Hawk – 870 words – Damon’s hand pressed against my hip. And I realized it didn’t matter who it was. As long as he only came after me and not anyone else I cared about. Especially not Damon.
- Patrick & Sarah – 105 words – “Talking to the beasts again, Bailey? You do know they’re too stupid to understand what you’re sayin’, right?”
- Preggers – 433 words – Marika managed to get to her feet and held a hand down to Lyndi. Warmth rushed through her at the touch, but she pushed aside that feeling. Lyndi had been married. To a man. Marika doubted the knowledge she found Lyndi attractive would be welcome. Although from the blush staining the other woman’s cheeks, that may not be a conclusion she should jump to.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 114 words – The lad sneered at him then finally swung his leg over the saddle and dropped to the ground. “Was any of that even in English?” *It all was, but Tavin’s Scottish accent does get thick sometimes.
- Flames of Renewal – CP Edits
- In the Moonlight – Transfer from OneNote(on my Surface) to Scrivener(on my laptop) – 27 chapters(there’s actually 32, counting the epilogue, but I’d already started it before) – 11/27 chapters typed up.
- Snow White Twist – Beta edits, rename, & submit – compiled notes from 1 beta reader to the main document(so I can put them all in one place when I get them back from other reader) for 4/8 chapters(1st 2 chapters done last month). Have a potential title for it as well. Still simmering on that, though.
- Dance with the Devil –
read through,make revisions, & polish – I’ve read through 10/10 chapters. Applied 55/80 comments(not counting areas I highlighted, though those will be fixed as I go through, too)
- Beta Read – Read 58 chapters(total of 73, but that’s what I have left) & return to author – 26/58,
- Story a Day – Write 31 stories – 13/31 stories written, 6 this week
- The Secret – some back story to “Preggers”
- Mike – a continuation of Day 4’s Suspicions
- Chance Encounter – a piece of Mason & Lila’s back story(from the side projects list)
- Mysterious Situation – part of Hawk’s story
- Still Welcome – part of my “Preggers” short story
- Language – some inspiration for Jayla & Carisa’s story(not sure any of you met Carisa in Shed Some Light, but she’s Carlos’ youngest half-sister)
- Listen: 5 books – 4/5 for the month, 3 this week
A Thousand Pieces of You(Claudia Gray)– Started this at the end of April. It’s my second time listening to it. I finally got the second book in the series, and it had been a while since I listened to this one, so decided on a re-listen before I start the next one. Finished it Wednesday afternoon. Enjoyed the second listen, can’t wait to start the next book. Behind the Lies(Robin Perini)– Started this Monday. Finished it Wednesday morning. Really enjoyed it. Deadly Games(Lindsay Buroker)– Started this Thursday morning. It’s the third book in her Emperor’s Edge series(which I’ve read all of but am listening because I’ve been wanting to do a reread). Finished it Saturday morning. Loved it of course.
- Read: 31 books – 13/31, 7 this week
Signs of Attraction(Laura Brown)– Started this Saturday afternoon. Finished it Sunday evening. Really enjoyed it.
- All Fired Up(Elle Kennedy & Vivian Arend) – Started this Sunday night. It was in my ‘free’ collection, so will be my ‘read after everything for the week is done’ book(I choose from my free & unlimited collections for this). I’m at 17%.
Managed(Kristen Callihan)– started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Wednesday night. Timekeeper(Tara Sim)– started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday night. Loved it. His to Seduce(Elena Aitken)– started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished it Wednesday evening. It was a fairly quick read. Perilous Hunt(Lindsay Buroker)– Read this Thursday. Loved it. Overexposed(Megan Erickson)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Friday evening. Loved it! Hidden Away(Maya Banks)– Started this Friday evening. Finished it Saturday night
- Missed Connections(Tamara Mataya) – Started this Saturday night. At 7%
- Knit: Duo Cable Hat