*I don’t know what happened, but this seemed to disappear after I’d published it. So here we go again.
It’s rained every day this week. A few days there were some periods of dry. But, mostly it’s just been rain. That hasn’t been too bad, other than when having to get the kids on or off the bus and taking the dogs outside. It’s actually supposed to turn to snow today but then I think it’s supposed to be warming up again. We also got the kids a new swingset on Tuesday. Well, not new, but a new one for us. We got them one of those metal ones when the boy was a baby. But, my husband found one of the wooden ones for sale for only $100 and it’s someone we know selling it. So, that’s sitting in front of our garage in pieces right now. Hopefully once the rain stops, we can get it set up.
Last night we went to an “Adult prom”. It was a fundraiser thing(yes, I do word for a living). Got dressed ‘up, danced to a couple slow dances, and had some hard sodas. My head is hurting this morning, but it was good. My husband asked if my hair was hurting, and I said no, so he said I wasn’t really drunk. I don’t think I’ll live down the night of my 21st birthday(the last, and really only, time I was really drunk).
- Still Burning – finish Story Toolkit, Outline – finished Subplot sheet, event brainstorming sheets, location sheet, Act 1 & 2 beat sheets 6/13 sections of Story Toolkit done
- Jayla’s Story(Gilbert, Co #7) – get through Story Toolkit: Supporting Characters
- Not Meant to Be – Add 53000 words/28 scenes to finish 1st draft – 4676 words/6 scenes finished this month, 4676 words/6 scenes finished for this week
- Side Projects – Add 4400 words between all projects – 1993/4400 words, 1993 words this week(that’s almost 2 weeks’ worth. May have to think about changing this one)
- Patrick & Sarah – 154 words – He brought his attention back to the path of the horses. His boss would be none too happy with a crooked row. Not that the man typically even raised his voice. Not for anything less than an atrocious misdeed. And anyone committing one of those, found himself set instantly off the farm.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 119 words – The lad glared at Tavin as he slid his gloves off but didn’t make any attempt to get down from the saddle. “You cannot tell me what to do. You work for me.” *Tavin does not seem to be making friends. Though this little shit doesn’t deserve to be friends with him
- Mason & Lila – 251 words – “He’ll come around,” she said softly. Then added, “Eventually.”Yeah. Eventually. Like probably the day after Mason’s funeral. But, Mason didn’t say that to Lila. He didn’t like to feel like he was pulling her between him and her father. He knew he’d always come out the loser there.
- Midas’ Daughter – 134 words – But, she wasn’t a business interest. She was his daughter. Why couldn’t he seem to understand that?
- Dougal & Shae – 117 words – Donovan’s lips quirked up before he brought the glass to his lips. He took a long swallow before setting it back down and glancing back at Dougal. “So, you and my sister.” *meddling big brothers 😉
- Hang On – 114 words – We started to hike in utter silence. This bothered me less the further we went. This wasn’t just a way to get up to our favorite climbing spot. Walking through the woods was one of the most calming experiences I’ve ever had. Sometimes I thought this, even more than the thrill of the climb, was my favorite part of coming out here.
- Hawk – 132 words – And I was perfectly fine with that. Really. After the way he’d kicked me out when I told him I was gay and left me in that gutter, I wouldn’t have wanted to have anything to do with him anyway. I was just glad old Mr. Bentley had found me before I laid there too long.
- Mike & Fadil – 574 words(this was Thursday’s Story a Day) – “Thanks,” Fadil said, surprised he could get that much out. What Mike had said still bouncing around in his head. Maybe that had been interest he’d seen in his eyes.
- Roman – 120 words – He didn’t know why this case was affecting him so much. He’d defended other little punks who weren’t too different from these two. But, Toby was only thirteen, barely even that. He still had time to turn his life around.
- Jacob & Matthew – 122 words – He would never understand how love could be seen on the same level as that perverseness.
- Preggers – 156 words – She sighed and headed over to Angelika’s group. There might not be any judgment here, but that didn’t mean it was okay for Angelika to keep running other members out. “What happened here, ladies?”
- Flames of Renewal – CP Edits
- In the Moonlight – Transfer from OneNote(on my Surface) to Scrivener(on my laptop) – 27 chapters(there’s actually 32, counting the epilogue, but I’d already started it before) – 5/27 chapters typed up. 5 this week.
- Snow White Twist – Beta edits, rename, & submit – compiled notes from 1 beta reader to the main document(so I can put them all in one place when I get them back from other reader) for 1/8 chapters(1st 2 chapters done last month). Have a potential title for it as well. Still simmering on that, though.
- Dance with the Devil – read through & make revisions – I’ve read through 6/10 chapters.
- Beta Read – Read 58 chapters(total of 73, but that’s what I have left) & return to author – 14/58, 14 this week
- Story a Day – Write 31 stories – 7/31 stories written
- Listen: 5 books – 1/5 for the month, 1 this week
- A Thousand Pieces of You(Claudia Gray) – Started this Friday morning. It’s my second time listening to it. I finally got the second book in the series, and it had been a while since I listened to this one, so decided on a re-listen before I start the next one.
The Curse of the Pharaohs(Elizabeth Peters)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Thursday afternoon. Really enjoyed it.
- Read: 31 books – 6/31, 7 this week
Hammer of the Gods(Christina Ochs)– this is book 3 in her Desolate Empire series. I finished it Sunday night. Definitely eager to see what happens next in the series. I finished this in April, so I’m not counting it to my monthly goal, though I will for the week. The Faerie Key(Denise D. Young)– Read this Monday afternoon. It was a quick read, and I enjoyed it. Beyond Pain(Kit Rocha)– Started this Monday evening. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. Over the Edge(Suzanne Brockman)– Started this Tuesday evening. Finished it Wednesday evening. Really enjoyed it. Her Best Friend Jon(Kristy K James)– Read this Wednesday night. Well, mostly I skimmed through out. If I didn’t have the next book on my kindle already, I probably wouldn’t continue. I’m actually more interested in the overarching plot between all the books, than the romance. And that’s unusual for me. Fame & Secrets(Cora Kenborn)– I started this Thursday. Finished it Friday afternoon. Loved it, even if I wanted to slap the male lead a few times and nearly threw the book near the end. But, she made everything right again. 🙂 When Beauty Tamed the Beast(Eloisa James)– Started this Friday afternoon. Finished it Saturday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. It also makes me really glad we have antibiotics to treat strep throat now(there was a scarlet fever outbreak. Both my kids have ended up with that rash because they don’t usually exhibit the typical symptoms)
- Signs of Attraction(Laura Brown) – Started this Saturday afternoon. At 14%.
- Knit: Duo Cable Hat