Last night was our annual fire department’s awards banquet. Time to get dressed up, have some good food, and honor the people who keep our town safe(my husband among them). The PA state fire commissioner was even there to speak. It was a good time, and after the awards most of the people stick around for music, drinking and dancing. We all bring our own drinks. I had two hard sodas(those go down so easy), and we only stayed until about 11, so we could get home and MiL could go back home too), and I have a slight headache this morning. But, it was still a good time.
I had a pretty good week as well. I ended up playing catch up on scenes Wednesday and added a couple more in Thursday I hadn’t originally had planned, so those were longer days. But, I’m still right on track.
Heart of Christmas – finish Story Toolkit, Outline in scrivener–
- Still Burning –
Brainstorm, Character back stories, plot summary,through Story Toolkit: Romance Arc – wrote the plot summary(296 words), and got through the Initial Concept sheet, Worldbuilding, Antagonist, Main Conflict, & Stakes, & Major Plot Points 4/22 sections for the Toolkit. And I wrote another Stream of Consciousness post for this.
- Playing with Fire – Add 73000 words/66 scenes(some of these include bits from my Just Jot It posts in January, they may be fleshed out to scenes of their own or merged into other scenes, but I’m counting them all for right now). – 42444 words/55 finished scenes for the month, 20414 words/22 scenes for the week
- “Who made up these stupid rules anyway?” he demanded. “Someone who wasn’t in love with two people. Why do I have to choose between you?” *Oh, I just want to give all three of them a hug right now and assure them I’ll make it right again.
- Side Projects – add 4000 words between all projects. – 3765/4000 words for the month, 1256 for the week
- Dougal & Shae – 143 words – ”Any man who thinks he can try to force you to do anything you don’t want to do is too stupid to deserve you anyway.”
- Mike & Fadil – 174 words – After stopping at the market, he drove down the next block to the house where he’d grown up. He always felt a slight pang driving past her. No, life hadn’t always been wonderful when he was younger. His father had never been a violent man, but Mike had very few memories where the man hadn’t been drunk.
- Hang On – 108 words – Ian didn’t say anything else, but I could still feel him watching me as I focused on the road. Still, I couldn’t help wondering who this person was who he was losing his mind over. And wishing it was me. *hehehe, who says it isn’t?
- Roman – 109 words – He finished his eggs and washed them down with the rest of his coffee. He pushed back from the table and picked up his plate. “Are you going to help Carlos?” Tereza asked before he could even take a step away from the table.
- Midas’ Daughter – 122 words – This wasn’t going to be much of a party for her. Her father was certainly seeing to that. She was pretty sure it was more for him. To show off his perfect daughter. The golden statue. She rolled her eyes and took a step off the porch. She wished he could see her as more than that. But, she didn’t think that would ever happen.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 120 words – And that would be easier to take if he could just see Haiwee again.
- Patrick & Sarah – 148 words – “It was my pleasure,” he said then turned and went out the door.Well, she knew that was a lie. She’d been anything but pleasant even when he’d been helping out. But, she’d be thankful even for that lie.
- Preggers – 105 words – Lyndi came to an abrupt stop. “This isn’t right,” she said.
- Mason & Lila – 118 words – Brian and Ashley were heading over to the table, though they weren’t holding hands. He rolled his eyes. Looked they were on the outs once again. That wouldn’t last long, Mason was sure. This seemed to be part of the package with them.
- Jacob & Matthew – 109 words – Matthew watched as Jacob sauntered across the room to the bed before standing from the chair and going to join him.
- Stained Blood –
Adjust chapters(some are really long after adding new scenes in), double-check for missing details, 50 search & destroy items, send to readers – 37/50 search & destroy items(cut 956 words).
- Snow White Twist – rename,
polish 48 search & destroy items, send to readers–If anyone else is interested in reading a f/f snow white retelling and offering feedback, I’ll send it to you, too. I’ve already gotten it back from one of the beta readers and started going through the notes. Didn’t make any progress this weekend, though.
- Flames of Renewal – CP Edits once I get it back –
- In the Moonlight – transfer from One Note to Scrivener(on two different computers) –
A-Z posts: Draft 13 posts– 13/13 finished. 9500 words. Started drafting T post on my phone while we were at husband’s aunt’s on Sunday. Yes, I’ll do just about anything to avoid interacting with people(and it was our last stop of the day and I’d had enough). I wrote about 255 words on that. And I finished it at home Sunday night(662). Wrote U on Monday, then V, W, X, Y & Z on Tuesday.
- A-Z posts: Edit 18 posts – 15/18 – Have T, U, V, & W scheduled.
- A-Z posts: Post 25 posts – 18/25 posted. You can find links to all current ones on my theme reveal post(I’m updating as they go live)
- Listen: 5 books – 4/5, 1 this week
Girl on a Wire(Gwenda Bond)– Started this Thursday. Wasn’t too sure about it at first, but I finished it Thursday morning and enjoyed it.
- Emperor’s Edge(Lindsay Buroker) – I’ve actually read all these books, but I’ve been wanting to do a re-read, so I decided to start getting them in audio(which are only $1.99 since I have the ebooks). I’m on Chapter 15.
- Read: 30 books – 21/30, 4 this week
- Hammer of the Gods(Christina Ochs) – this is book 3 in her Desolate Empire series. I got the boxed set, but I’ve already read the first 2 separately, so I jumped right to this one on my phone. I’ll read it in the between moments. I’m on Chapter 96/166(If I counted right. The chapters are labeled with POV characters’ names instead of numbers).
Make Me Stay(Jaci Burton)– Read this Monday afternoon. Enjoyed it. Wild Ride(Cathryn Fox)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it while eating lunch Tuesday. It was a quicker one, and I liked it.
- A Rogue by Any Other Name(Sarah MacLean) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On page 198/386.
Love Me to Death(Allison Brennan)– Started this Thursday. Finished it Saturday afternoon. Enjoyed it. It Must Be Your Love(Bella Andre)-Started this Friday morning. Finished it Friday evening. Liked it, but it felt like nothing much happened, and the conflict between the characters was mostly resolved about halfway through.
- Knit: Duo Cable Hat – 6 rounds of decrease done, but I ran out of yarn. and still haven’t gotten more.
Crochet: Crystal Drops Beanie– I finished this on Wednesday.
- Loom: Newborn Loom Knit Baby Hat