Last week, when we had the broken dryer, it was windy, a little cool, and sometimes rainy. This week so far it feels more like the end of May than middle of April. In fact, I managed to get a little sun burn on Monday just from sitting out on the porch reading while the kids played. Tuesday I put up the porch umbrella when I couldn’t take the direct sunlight anymore.
Yesterday was the last day of the kids’ week-long break from school. I managed to write two scenes in Playing with Fire before they got up. Normally I would have kept going, but the scenes coming up will be a bit steamy, and my 9 year-old likes to sit there and read while I write(particularly with it being plugged into the tv until we replace the desk chair). So I decided to set that aside at least until they went to bed last night. Then I could play catch-up. I did get one more scene written last night, I’ll catch up on the other’s today.
Speaking of Playing with Fire, it’s WiPPet Time again!! I’ve shared snippets from Corrin’s POV & Silas’. So, I guess now it’s time to get something from Jeremiah’s. For today, I have 33 sentences(4+19+2+0+1+7). Jeremiah is trying to take some college classes around working at the fire department. But, he’s not finding it so easy to balance the two.
Jeremiah stepped into the apartment but stopped when he heard Corrin’s laugh ring out from the kitchen. He’d loved that sound from the first time he’d heard it. But, it had been elusive lately. He wondered how Silas had managed to bring it out. He’d barely spoken to Silas since their kiss the other day. His words had kept ringing in his head, though. Was he right? Did Corrin really think she didn’t deserve him?
That was just ridiculous.
He shut the door behind him and pulled off his boots before walking toward the kitchen. Exhaustion filled every cell of his body. He wanted to hit his bed, but it would have to be coffee for now. He had a class he couldn’t miss in two hours. Most of his professors understood if he missed a class because he had a shift at the station, but there was always one. And this semester that one was definitely Dr. Egleston.
“You are absolutely awful, Silas,” Corrin was saying as Jeremiah stepped into the kitchen, but she was still smiling. Something twisted in him that Silas was the one she was smiling at like that. He wasn’t sure which of them he was more jealous of.
“I try to do my part,” Silas said, grinning back at her. Then, he glanced over at Jeremiah, and his smile softened. “You look like shit. Hard shift?”
Jeremiah nodded. He wasn’t ready to talk about it, though. “I need to shower, change, and get to class. Is there still any coffee?”
“It’s just about out,” Silas said. “I’ll get some more started while you get a shower.”
“Thanks. I won’t be long.” He wanted to say more, do more, but Silas was already turning toward the coffeemaker. It was for the best anyway.
He had to stop wanting more than he could have.
But, is it, Jeremiah? Or can you have everything you want? 😉
Heart of Christmas – finish Story Toolkit, Outline in scrivener–
- Still Burning –
Brainstorm, Character back stories, plot summary,through Story Toolkit: Romance Arc – wrote the plot summary(296 words), and got through the Initial Concept sheet(190 words). 1/22 sections for the Toolkit
- Playing with Fire – Add 73000 words/66 scenes(some of these include bits from my Just Jot It posts in January, they may be fleshed out to scenes of their own or merged into other scenes, but I’m counting them all for right now). – 26627 words/40 finished scenes for the month, 4597 words/7 scenes for the week
- Side Projects – add 4000 words between all projects. – 3043/4000 words for the month, 534 for the week
- Dougal & Shae – 143 words – ”Any man who thinks he can try to force you to do anything you don’t want to do is too stupid to deserve you anyway.”
- Mike & Fadil – 174 words – After stopping at the market, he drove down the next block to the house where he’d grown up. He always felt a slight pang driving past her. No, life hadn’t always been wonderful when he was younger. His father had never been a violent man, but Mike had very few memories where the man hadn’t been drunk.
- Hang On – 108 words – Ian didn’t say anything else, but I could still feel him watching me as I focused on the road. Still, I couldn’t help wondering who this person was who he was losing his mind over. And wishing it was me. *hehehe, who says it isn’t?
- Roman – 109 words – He finished his eggs and washed them down with the rest of his coffee. He pushed back from the table and picked up his plate. “Are you going to help Carlos?” Tereza asked before he could even take a step away from the table.
- Stained Blood –
Adjust chapters(some are really long after adding new scenes in), double-check for missing details, 50 search & destroy items, send to readers – 29/50 search & destroy items(cut 775 words).
- Snow White Twist – rename,
polish 48 search & destroy items, send to readers–If anyone else is interested in reading a f/f snow white retelling and offering feedback, I’ll send it to you, too. I’ve already gotten it back from one of the beta readers and started going through the notes.
- Flames of Renewal – CP Edits once I get it back –
- In the Moonlight – transfer from One Note to Scrivener(on two different computers) –
A-Z posts: Draft 13 posts– 13/13 finished. 9500 words. Started drafting T post on my phone while we were at husband’s aunt’s on Sunday. Yes, I’ll do just about anything to avoid interacting with people(and it was our last stop of the day and I’d had enough). I wrote about 255 words on that. And I finished it at home Sunday night(662). Wrote U on Monday, then V, W, X, Y & Z on Tuesday.
- A-Z posts: Edit 18 posts – 11/18
- A-Z posts: Post 25 posts – 15/25 posted. You can find links to all current ones on my theme reveal post(I’m updating as they go live)
- Listen: 5 books – 3/5, 0 this week
- Girl on a Wire(Gwenda Bond) – Started this Thursday. Wasn’t too sure about it at first, but I’m on Chapter 22 now and still enjoying it.
- Read: 30 books – 18/30, 2 this week
- Hammer of the Gods(Christina Ochs) – this is book 3 in her Desolate Empire series. I got the boxed set, but I’ve already read the first 2 separately, so I jumped right to this one on my phone. I’ll read it in the between moments. I’m on Chapter 96/166(If I counted right. The chapters are labeled with POV characters’ names instead of numbers).
Make Me Stay(Jaci Burton)– Read this Monday afternoon. Enjoyed it. Wild Ride(Cathryn Fox)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it while eating lunch Tuesday. It was a quicker one, and I liked it.
- A Rogue by Any Other Name(Sarah MacLean) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On page 45/36.
- Knit: Duo Cable Hat – 6 rounds of decrease done, but I ran out of yarn.
- Crochet: Crystal Drops Beanie – I got 10/17 rounds done
- Loom: Newborn Loom Knit Baby Hat