I’ve had a good start to the week, despite some issues lingering from last week. Like the broken dryer. We have a new part ordered and it will hopefully be here by Friday. Until then, I’m line-drying clothes. Mostly inside, since it’s been rainy out. Hopefully the weather improves so I can move that outside. No fix for the computer chair yet, though. And it’s very uncomfortable to sit in a chair that keeps tilting to the side. So, I plugged my computer into the tv to use it as a big monitor. Of course, it’s far enough away and my vision is messed up enough even with glasses, that I had to bring up the zoom on scrivener to almost 200% so I can read it from the couch.
But, I’ve gotten a good bit of writing done so far this week. I’m hoping that continues, but starting today, the kids have the next week off from school. So that may affect how much I get done. They are pretty good at playing independently, so I can usually get some time, but we’ll see how it goes. I may be playing catch up when they go back to school next week. And I have my nice quiet house back.
Now, for the real reason for Wednesday! WiPPet Time!! Yeah, I get a little excited. I’m still sharing from Playing with Fire. It’s coming along pretty well. Lots of emotions bouncing between these three characters. Today I have 7 paragraphs(4+1+2) with Jeremiah and Silas. part of this was from a stream of consciousness post I did at the end of December.
Silas leaned back against the couch and looked over at his friend. Jeremiah had just come back from the laundromat with his basket of clothes. Silas needed to think about doing that pretty soon, too. He watched as Jer folded a pair of jeans and set them on the stack of his other pants.
“So, when are you going to ask her out?”
“Who?” Jeremiah asked without looking toward him.
Silas rolled his eyes and laid his head back against the couch. “Corrin. Come on, Jer, it’s pretty obvious. To everyone except the two of you apparently.”
“There are a couple things you should know,” Jeremiah said, matching up two perfectly white socks. “First, I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
The corners of Silas’ mouth curled up. He’d known Jeremiah for nearly a decade now. The man was one of the most honest, honorable people he knew. But, he’d always had a strong vein of denying his own feelings. “Seriously, man, I hope you don’t think I’m blind.” Okay, he nearly was without his glasses, but that wasn’t his point. “Even if I was, I’d probably be able to see it. The sparks you two throw off light up the whole damn room.”
Color filled his friend’s face, and Silas tried to ignore the ache in his chest. He wanted someone to look at him the way Corrin looked at Jeremiah. Hell, he wanted Jeremiah to look at him that way. There’d been times when he’d thought he had. When they were both between relationships. He just wished he could ignore his feelings and put them away like Jeremiah seemed to.
Heart of Christmas – finish Story Toolkit, Outline in scrivener– 21/21 sections of the Story Toolkit done. 610 words this month, 14/14 chapters outlined in Scrivener(about halfway through I started just writing summary of what will happen in scenes. Will outline more as I get there, I think).
- Still Burning –
Brainstorm, Character back stories, plot summary, through Story Toolkit: Romance Arc – 5/5 mind maps done, GMCs done,
- Playing with Fire – Add 73000 words/66 scenes(some of these include bits from my Just Jot It posts in January, they may be fleshed out to scenes of their own or merged into other scenes, but I’m counting them all for right now). – 17235 words/23 finished scenes for the month, 5970 words/7 scenes for the week
- Side Projects – add 4000 words between all projects. – 1793/4000 words for the month, 559 words this week
- Patrick & Sarah – 110 words – “Why haven’t you left?” she asked, nearly wincing at the bite in her voice. Why couldn’t she say anything to this man without sounding so defensive?
- Roman – 170 words – So, he sat. But, he noticed Tereza holding herself stiff on the other side of the table, her gaze darting between him and Cristine. He kept his own gaze on the girl, until she saw he didn’t offer any threat. Not to her, and certainly not to Cristine.
- Hang On – 146 words – Yeah, definitely something wrong. I could tell just from the way he spoke. “Maybe because I’ve known you since we were two and always know when something’s going on with you.”
- Mason & Lila – 133 words – So, right now, she hurried from the classroom and to her locker to replace her textbooks and grab her lunch bag. She didn’t want to waste any time she could have with Mason.
- Stained Blood –
Adjust chapters(some are really long after adding new scenes in), double-check for missing details, 50 search & destroy items, send to readers – Adjusted chapters(went from 20 to 26 counting the epilogue) and filled in a few missing details(added 7 words). 16/50 search & destroy items(cut 695 words).
- Snow White Twist – rename,
polish 48 search & destroy items, send to readers– Polished 48/48 items for the month, 13/13 for the week, and sent to 2 readers.If anyone else is interested in reading a f/f snow white retelling and offering feedback, I’ll send it to you, too.
- Flames of Renewal – CP Edits once I get it back –
- In the Moonlight – transfer from One Note to Scrivener(on two different computers) –
- A-Z posts: Draft 13 posts – 5/13 finished. 1984 words. +1075 this week. Q & R added to the ready to edit queue.
- A-Z posts: Edit 18 posts – 5/18.
- A-Z posts: Post 25 posts – 9/25 posted. You can find links to all current ones on my theme reveal post(I’m updating as they go live)
- Listen: 5 books – 3/5, 1 this week
Blameless(Gail Carriger)– started this Thursday morning. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. And the ending was a lot more satisfying than book 2.
- Read: 30 books – 11/30, 3 this week
- Hammer of the Gods(Christina Ochs) – this is book 3 in her Desolate Empire series. I got the boxed set, but I’ve already read the first 2 separately, so I jumped right to this one on my phone. I’ll read it in the between moments. I’m on Chapter 51/166(If I counted right. The chapters are labeled with POV characters’ names instead of numbers).
Consumed by You(Lauren Blakely)– Started this Saturday afternoon. Hot firefighters, that’s really all I have to say, right? Finished it Sunday night. Enjoyed it. Before I Fall(Jessica Scott)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday night. Really enjoyed it. Willing Victim(Cara McKenna)– Started the Monday night. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Liked it, but not enough to get the sequel. Honestly, I don’t think the characters’ story needed to be continued. It was a pretty good ending, I thought, or rather beginning to their relationship.
- Full Coverage(Erin Nicholas) – Started this Tuesday evening. At 52%
- Knit: Duo Cable Hat – started this Monday. Finished the ribbing for the brim and the increase row. I have 18 of the cable pattern rounds done.
- Crochet: Crystal Drops Beanie
- Loom: Newborn Loom Knit Baby Hat