Let’s see, what to talk about up here. Not a lot has happened since Wednesday, when I had a mini-rant about health savings accounts and my husband’s work’s lack of communication. Friday the weather was really nice when the kids got home from school, so they played outside until husband got home with dinner. And went back outside with him after dinner for a couple more hours. And the boy decided to paint his window with mud. Himself, too, by all appearances when he came back inside.
It was pretty nice Saturday morning too, though not quite as warm, so they went out there again for a while. I got pretty much everything on Saturday’s list done early, so I ended up starting on Sunday’s. Needless to say, it’s been a pretty good week for me.
So, even though RoW80 is technically on a break until the beginning of April, I’m still here to share my progress. Next Sunday, I’ll have my wrap-up of the month, as well as next round’s and month’s goals.
- Primary: Heart of Christmas(BC Security 3.5) –
write back stories , plot summary,and complete Story Toolkit – 9/21 sections(I cut out subplot section for this one) of Story Toolkit(some of these sections I’ll have to do at least 2 sheets for because of multiple characters, but I’ll put them all in one section). 5025 words so far this month. 2148 words this week. And I wrote a little piece that likely will be included for this for Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Secondary: Still Burning(Hunter Family #4) – Brainstorm –
- Primary: Stay a Little Longer – add 45000 words/finish 38 scenes – 35437 words/45000, 36/38 scenes for the month(there’s definitely going to be more than this, probably 43 at least). 5781 words/7 scenes this week.
- Terrall certainly hoped he was right. And that they weren’t putting Paul into more danger. If his choices brought harm to someone again, he wasn’t sure how he’d ever forgive himself
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words,
edit Chapter 1 of Patrick & Sarah& Chapter 1 of Tavin & Haiwee, read through 9 chapters of Snow White Twist(there’s actually 10, but I read through chapter 1 in February)– 4723/5000 words so far this month. 1280 words this week. have read through 9/9 in Snow White Twist. and I already have one reader lined up for this. If any else would be interested in reading a f/f retelling of Snow White(about 21000 words), let me know. I should have it revised and ready by the end of the month. I’ll be adding 2 more stories to my list, one of which just popped into my head one day and then I saw this article this morning, which is kind of similar to the idea(only my characters will meet when they’re already pregnant).
- Midas’ Daughter – 101 words – Flip had hoped Mr. Midas might one day forget his threats. But, the glares he periodically sent him and the little hints he’d drop, told him that was still not the case. It probably never would be.
- Patrick & Sarah – 174 words – Just a terror, Sarah had said. Nothing more than a bad nightmare. He glanced back toward the bedroom the two boys shared. He couldn’t say why, but he was sure there was a lot more to it than that.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 85 words – Haiwee shot more words at her cousin, and this time Tavin did catch his own name in there. Then, something else as she gestured back to him. *I probably would have written more, but I got sidetracked researching. I did find a search engine for the Shoshoni language, though.
- Roman – 154 words – “Don’t be silly,” she said, and her voice was still soft, still gentle. “We are a family. No matter how we add to it, you and I will always be a family, Roman.
- Dougal & Shae – 127 words – “I’ll get him,” Shae told her. When she stepped into the living room, she saw her nephew in his swing, banging his fists on the tray. She smiled and headed right for him. “Giving your mama a hard time, are you?” she asked as she lifted him. He instantly grabbed a lock of her hair and pulled.
- Mason & Lila – 120 words – Lila sighed and glanced down at the text they were supposed to be learning about. Really how was anyone supposed to even care about any of this? It was so boring. There so many better ways she could be spending her time.
- Jacob & Matthew – 217 words – He was rewarded with Jacob’s smile. That filled him with more warmth than even having his name on the front of a newspaper had ever been able to do.
- Hang On – 187 words – “You never know with those nymphs,” he said. “One little mistake, and poof, you’re on the nymph’s most wanted list.” *these 2 are cracking me up. I don’t know if this story will go anywhere, but it’s certainly fun so far.
- Mike & Fadil – 95 words – Sharing that little girl with Jess had certainly taken away a good bit of the control he had over his life. But, he wouldn’t change anything for that. *don’t have much of this to share just yet.
- Preggers(don’t know this title will stick, but I needed something to call it for now) – 121 words – Here she was just another widow of war. The youngest, and the only one who still carried something of their spouse with her, but it was the one thing that tied them together that mattered.
- Snow White Twist –
I compiled notes on 10/10 chapters. I have made 74/98 changes. I’ve added 36 words.
- Primary: Stained Blood – 10 new scenes & apply CP edits to 40 scenes – 6/10 new scenes finished this month. 24/40 scenes edited. 4884 words added this month. 1424 words added this week.
- “I plan to, sheriff. Thank you for your help.” Even though it felt like precious little and had his stomach twisted into knots. Now, he needed to figure out how he would go about keeping her safe.
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal(if I get back from CP) – complete CP edits
- In the Moonlight – start revisions
- A-Z posts – draft 24 posts – 7/24 for the month. H is finished. Got into the antagonist’s head, which was rather shudder-inducing(if you’ve read Into the Sun or even Come Back Down you’d understand why). I is finished. 1119 words(H) + 379(I).
- A-Z posts – edit & format 27 posts – Edited 8/27(almost forgot about the theme reveal post) posts. And my theme reveal went live on Monday. A, B, C, D, E, F, & G are scheduled. So, I’ve got through Week 2 ready. I’ll just have to add links back to the previous post before they go live(hopefully I’ll remember).
- Listen: 8 books – 4/8 for the month, 1 this week
King’s Cage(Victoria Aveyard)– Finished this Sunday after posting my check-in. Enjoyed it, but the ending broke my romantic heart. I did see there’s going to be at least 1 more book(I’d thought it was a trilogy, but I guess not).
- Fire(Kristin Cashore) – On Chapter 5(audible has these chapters split up weird. There are more than one in what it says is a chapter. So I’m just doing what’s on top of the screen on my phone). It’s interesting, but I’m almost 3 hours in and it doesn’t feel like a lot’s really happened. I’ll give it at least a little longer.
- Read: 31 books – 25/31 for the month, 8 this week.
Crimson Stain(Jim Fisher)– this is a true crime story about an Amish man who killed his wife not very far from where we live(It happened when I was about 8 years old). Finished this on Sunday.
- Hammer of the Gods(Christina Ochs) – this is book 3 in her Desolate Empire series. I got the boxed set, but I’ve already read the first 2 separately, so I jumped right to this one on my phone. I’ll read it in the between moments. I’m on Chapter 38/166(If I counted right. The chapters are labeled with POV characters’ names instead of numbers).
The Beltane Kiss(Denise D Young)– Started this Saturday night. Finished it Sunday morning. A Geek Girls Guide to Arsenic(Julie Anne Lindsey)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Tuesday morning. Loved it. Not sure I’ve ever felt such kinship to a character as I do Mia(particularly the social awkwardness). Under Pressure(Lori Foster)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Friday evening. Really enjoyed it. The Defiant Hero(Suzanne Brockmann)– Finished reading this Wednesday night. Enjoyed it for the most part. The Brightest Day(Various)– There’s four novellas in this collection. I finished them all yesterday. Really enjoyed the first and last one. Power Play(Katherine Stark)– Finished this Friday afternoon. Enjoyed it, though there were a few moments I had issue with. Love After All(Jaci Burton)– started this Friday night. Finished it Saturday night. Liked it.
- Hallowed Ground(Rebecca Yarros) – started this morning. At 5%.
Knit: Georgian Lace Cap– Finished this Tuesday morning. Have 4/4 rounds knitted for the brim. 40/40 rounds knitted for cap lace section. 11/11 for crown decreases.
- Crochet: Cross-over Long DC Hat – Have 28/28 rounds crocheted for hat. 5/6 rounds crocheted for brim.
Loom: Ambrosia Love Scarf& Last Minute Slouchy Hat– realized the slouchy hat uses a loom I don’t have, so I’m cutting it off the list.