This is probably going to be a long post. I’m starting it all the way back on Monday. Mostly because I want to keep listening to my audiobook, and this gives me something else to do while it plays. Also, it’s the end of the month, so I’ll be adding my review of that to the end of this post.
And…I finished the first draft of Defending the Heart!! On Monday. I was only going to write the next 3 scenes and save the last 2 for Tuesday. But, the words were rolling so I just kept going. 5247 words written in about 4 hours. Tuesday was focused on editing & plotting. Today I’m back to working on Stay a Little Longer.
And last night we went out for pancakes. Usually one of the local churches has a pancake dinner. For some reason this year none of them did. So, we ended up going to Ihop instead. Which meant not only pancakes, but strawberry banana pancakes. YUMMMMMMM.
Now, for what I’ll share for WiPPet Wednesday: I had thought about sharing one more snippet from Defending the Heart, but that’s done for now. And I’m moving along to finish up Stay a Little Longer. So, you’ll get something from that instead. I may have shared a couple snippets from this, but it’s been a while. Today I have 14 sentences(3+1+2+0+1+7) of Erik and Terrall talking. Erik’s offering to be a friend and Terrall just told him he won’t be in town long anyway.
“Doesn’t hurt to have someone to hang out with while you’re here, does it? Anyway, Gabriel and Lora are off on a date tonight, and I didn’t feel like hanging out at home by myself.”
“They didn’t invite you along?” Terrall asked before he could stop himself.
Erik’s lips tipped up. “Don’t think I don’t know what you’re really asking. And it’s not as much of an insult as you might think.”
“I didn’t mean it like that. I swear. And it’s none of my business anyway.”
“You’re right. And while I don’t mind sharing my personal business with anyone who shows even the slightest interest, I won’t share theirs.”
“Sounds like you’re a good friend, too.”
“I try to be these days.”
And as for my progress this week:
Finish 1st draft of Defending the Heart– DONE, DONE, DONE!! A total of 63,631 words. A bit shorter than I’d hoped. But, I may end up adding more during revisions.
- Defending the Heart – “Shut up, asshole,” Piers said before pressing his lips to Xavier’s. “And don’t ever do that to me again.” *Ah, Piers, that’s not a nice thing to call the man you love.
- Stay a Little Longer – 95 words so far this morning.
- Edit: Stained Blood – continue writing new scenes.
Target: 400 words– 979/400 words. All written Tuesday morning. And I posted a teaser of some of those words. A new character has showed up in this draft. Plot: Heart of Christmas – finish brainstorming, start Alaina’s back story– got the brainstorming done, GMCs figured out, and wrote the first sentence of Alaina’s back story. Side Projects – 400 words– 486/400 words
- Midas’ Daughter – 108 words
- Patrick & Sarah – 48 words *mostly started edits on Chapter 1 though
- Tavin & Haiwee – 85 words
- Roman – 90 words
- Dougal & Shae – 155 words
- Patreon – work on Mason & Lila(and come up with a better title) & edit Patrick & Sarah Chapter 1. – 163 words on Mason & Lila yesterday, and got through the first couple comments on Chapter 1.
Snow White Twist – work on read through– nothing new on this. won’t be until this weekend, so should have left it off this list(since it only went through the end of the month) Listen: The Emerald Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan)– this is what I was listening to while starting to write up this post. I ended up finishing it Monday night. And I started Accidentally Hers(Jamie Beck). Having some issues with it, mostly with the characters seeming to brush off drunk driving as a “mistake”. It’s a sensitive issue for me, but I’m going to see how it gets handled further on.
It’s Always Been You(Jessica Scott), Dancer of the Nile(Veronica Scott), When the Duke was Wicked(Lorraine Heath),Passenger(Alexandra Bracken), & Last Words(Stacy Green)– I finished It’s Always Been You(loved) and Dancer of the Nile(liked) on Sunday. And started Last Words(since it’s a shorter one). I finished that Monday night and enjoyed it. And I read When the Duke was Wicked yesterday. Really enjoyed it. And I started Passenger last night. I’m 12% into it, and it’s…interesting so far.
- Loom: Ambrosia Love Scarf – Made some good progress on this on Monday.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – finish Post C, start post D -I added about 185 words to Post C yesterday.
Some blue at least. So, that’s good. As for how the month went:
Playing with Fire – finish outline– got this done Heart of Christmas(BC Security novella) – Brainstorm– finished this yesterday. Just under the wire.
Defending the Heart– add 40000 words/ finish 1st draft– I did finish the 1st draft, though didn’t quite reach the 40000 words goal. That was only 33186 words.
- Stay a Little Longer – add 4000 words – 1450/4000 words
- Not Meant to Be – add 4000 words – 1140/4000 words
- Buried Secrets – add 4000 words – 559/4000 words
Playing with Fire – add 4000 words– 6617/4000 words
- Midas’ Daughter – add 4000 words – 1128/4000
- Stained Blood –
re-plot& re-write – got this replotted & added 3028 new words Snow White Twist – fill in [xx] throughout– got that done & read through started
Dance with the Devil – get to 30000 words/finish 1st draft– finished the first draft at 29417 words. Fade Away – get to 1300 words– 1651/1300 words. Set this aside, as it wasn’t coming together how I’d like. May revisit it at some time. Patrick & Sarah – get to 4750 words– 5026/4750 words Tavin & Haiwee – get to 3950 words– 4147/3950 words Roman – get to 5450 words– 5682/5450 words Dougal & Shae – get to 3400 words– 3600/3400 words
- A-Z posts: draft – I’ve got through B post drafted and post C started.
RoW80: Stay up to date– done pretty good with this.
Listen: 5 books– 8/5 books
- Read: 28 books – 27/28 books. Got pretty close this month.
Knitting: Clean Slate hat– done Crochet: Flower Coaster– done
- Loom: Ambrosia Love Scarf – in progress
A lot of progress even if I didn’t quite get to everything for the month. Now, for my goals for next month. I’ll be going off of these for each of my check-ins at least for this month. We’ll see how that goes.
- Primary: Heart of Christmas(BC Security 3.5) – write back stories, plot summary, and complete Story Toolkit
- Secondary: Still Burning(Hunter Family #4) – Brainstorm
- Primary: Stay a Little Longer – add 45000 words/finish 33 scenes
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words
- Primary: Stained Blood – 10 new scenes & apply CP edits to 40 scenes
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal(if I get back from CP) – complete CP edits
- In the Moonlight – start revisions
- A-Z posts – draft 24 posts
- A-Z posts – edit & format 26 posts
- Listen: 8 books
- Read: 31 books
- Knit: Georgian Lace Cap
- Crochet: Cross-over Long DC Hat
- Loom: Ambrosia Love Scarf & Last Minute Slouchy Hat