So, yesterday was Valentine’s Day. I’ve never been a huge fan of the day, but it is what it is. We don’t really do anything for it. A couple times my husband had gotten me flowers. But, they wilt after a little while. Chocolate is nice, of course, but definitely not something I need. And I don’t wear jewelry(how do I spell this wrong every time), so why would he waste the money on that(seriously, my wedding ring is the only I wear). I’ll take the cash he gave me Saturday to go the library book sale since I only had a couple $ in my wallet and a nice dinner out. We spent some time together yesterday while the kids were at school, but that was about the extent of it. And I’m happy with that.
So, not much else here except today is WiPPet Wednesday. Woohoo! Today I have 6 paragraphs(1+5 for the day). This happens shortly after what I shared last week. Piers woke up in Xavier’s bed…alone. Then, remembers Xavier putting him there and heading out to the couch and he goes out to find Xavier in the middle of a nightmare. It’s not the first time he’s witnessed one of them.
The words wrenched right through Piers. This was what Xavier was dreaming about? Him? He brushed hair back from Xavier’s forehead. “I’m right here,” he said. “I’m not going anywhere. No matter what my head says I should do. I just can’t seem to leave you behind.”
Xavier’s cries dropped down to murmurs, his thrashing calming as well. Piers ran his thumb over Xavier’s temple, his lips following the movement. Then, Xavier’s eyes fluttered open. For a moment, they remained glazed, as if he was still coming out of sleep. Then, they cleared, and a shutter fell.
“What are you doing out here?” Xavier asked. “You should still be in bed. Your side-”
“Is fine,” Piers lied. “And what did you expect when I thought someone might be killing you out here?”
It was too dark to see any color flush Xavier’s face, but Piers’ hand was still next to his temple, and he could feel the heat there. “I wasn’t that loud.” Piers just looked at him until Xavier finally broke eye contact. “I’m sorry. I haven’t had to worry about waking anyone up with them for a while.”
He sensed them both freeze at that. Piers knew what that meant. No one had been in his bed to witness the nightmares. Maybe not since him. He shouldn’t even ask, but he had to know. “Define ‘a while.’”
So how long has it been? Piers is a bit surprised by his answer. Though, he clarifies that’s only for how long since someone’s stayed all night. And things are about to heat up. 🙂
And now for my progress so far this week:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between projects – 4664/10000 so far. I still have my secondary project to work on today, so this will be a little higher.
- Defending the Heart – 3380 words
- Midas’ Daughter – 504 words
- Stay a Little Longer – 780 words
- Edit: Stained Blood – write new scenes – I’ve added 664 new words this week. On 2/14 new scenes.
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish outlining scenes – 54/69 scenes outlined. Hoping to have the last ones done either today or tomorrow.
- Side Projects – 1000 words – 856/1000 words. I only have 1 more side project to work on, so should be able to get to that today. I did adjust the individual goal and spread the total goal out among all 5 stories.
- Snow White Twist – fill in [xx] and start read through – nothing on this yet this week. Will be working on it this weekend.
- Listen: Glass Sword(Victoria Aveyard) & Unintended Consequences(Marti Green) – Only have a little over an hour left in Glass Sword. It’s breaking my heart right now.
Finish Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman), Truths We Tell(Brenda St John Brown), Of the Bauble(Debbie McGowan),Relic of Sorrows(Lindsay Buroker), Best Worst Mistake(Lia Riley), Written in the Stars(Aisha Saeed), The Rule Maker(Jennifer Blackwood), & Against the Sun(Kat Martin) – I finished Duke of Thorns(liked), Dead Before Dying(really enjoyed), and The Unsung Hero(enjoyed) on Sunday. Read Truths We Tell on Monday(really liked) and finished Of the Bauble yesterday(loved). I started Relic of Sorrows last night and got about halfway through it. So I’m ahead on this goal at least.
- Knit: Clean Slate Hat – Made some more progress on this.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – got the first ~350 words written on my A post. Hoping to get more of it done today.