Another decent start to the week. At least in some aspects. Others not as much. Writing is going well, and I even managed to finish one of my side projects. Of course, it’s the one I’ve been working on the longest. And about 2 months later than I’d originally planned to have it finished. But, still, it’s done. Well, kind of. Hawk & Devil’s story will continue, written from Hawk’s POV this time.
Before I get to my progress, it’s Wednesday, which means it’s WiPPet Time!! Woohoo!! As I mentioned last week, Defending the Heart is currently my main project, so I’ll keep sharing from that until the first draft is done. Probably at least the rest of this month, maybe even the beginning of March. For today, I have (easy math, just the day) sentences. Xavier left the office and was attacked in the parking lot. Piers saw what was happening and rushed to the rescue and got hurt for his trouble, but refuses to go to the hospital. So, Xavier is going to take him in and take care of him.
Piers sighed as if realizing arguing would be a lost cause. “I’m not your responsibility, X.”
“But, I’m yours?” Xavier asked even as he put his shoulder under Piers’ arm to help him up. “Is that why you came charging across the parking lot like a raging bull?”
Piers gaze clashed with his for just a moment. “I wasn’t going to just let them hurt you. I don’t want to see you hurt.”
“Same goes, buddy,” Xavier said as they headed for the stairs.
Should Piers have gone to the hospital? What is going to happen between these two?
Now on to my progress so far this week:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between all projects – 6000/10000 words. I haven’t started my secondary project for the day yet, so I’ll have at least a little more.
- Defending the Heart – 4276 words
- Midas’ Daughter – 252 words
- Stay a Little Longer – 670 words
- Not Meant to Be – 559 words
- Playing with Fire – 243 words – I ended up adding another of my Just Jot It pieces to the end, possibly as an epilogue.
- Edit: Stained Blood
– finish Story Toolkit& outline new scenes. Start writing new scenes – I finished the Story Toolkit & outlined 9/14 new scenes
- Plot: Playing with Fire –
finish Story Toolkit& outline scenes – I finished the Toolkit and outlined 7/69 scenes. I may not have this done in time to start writing tomorrow as I’d planned, but I could always work on the first scene even if the last ones aren’t outlined.
- Side Projects: Add 1500 words – 711 words. These were all to Dance with the Devil. Which I finally finished writing! Woohoo! I’d hoped to have it finished by the end of December. So I’m only about 2 months late. Whoops.
Listen: The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan), Walking on Her Grave(Melinda Leigh), & She Can Kill(Melinda Leigh)– I finished The Sapphire Brooch(loved), Walking on her Grave(really enjoyed), & She Can Kill(really enjoyed, couldn’t stop listening). Now I’m re-listening to Red Queen(Victoria Aveyard) before I finally get around to getting book 2(probably the end of this month).
Finish Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson), Make It Right(Megan Erickson),Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Illegal Motion(Erin Nicholas), Shadows and Silk(Liliana Hart), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), & The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman) – I finished Born Wild(really enjoyed) and Gena/Finn(LOVED and made me cry) on Sunday. Finished Make it Right on Monday(loved). I got a little more than halfway through Duke of Thorns yesterday. I started Illegal Motion this morning. If I finish it today, I’ll pick Duke of Thorns back up(which I’m enjoying, but it’s not a Oh, God, I’ve gotta keep reading one).
- Knit: Clean Slate hat – I’ve made more progress on this as well. I have 15 more rounds before I start making decreases.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – nothing on these yet. Though I did find out the last Sunday of April(since there are 5 Sundays instead of only 4) will be a posting day, so now I at least know the schedule and can finish up my theme reveal post. I think I’ll go back in after each letter post goes up and link to them in one post.
A good bit of green and even some blue. Hopefully I can turn the red to more green by Sunday and maybe even some of that to blue.