It’s been a fairly decent week. Making progress on some things and falling behind on others. But, overall, I’d say it’s been decent.
Not much else to say up here, so I’ll get right to the progress.
Write: Shoot for 10000 between all projects– 12899/10000 words. 6000 of those were from Just Jot It prompts for Playing with Fire that I moved into the document. I may end up cutting them if they don’t fit as I write the story.
- Defending the Heart – 5876 words – A slight smile turned up the corners of Xavier’s mouth, and heat kindled in his eyes. The same heat started to build in Piers’ gut, but he ignored it, focusing on Alex instead.
- Stay a Little Longer – 583 words – She gave him a weak smile. “There’s nothing to worry about. I’m fine. Really.”
And she would be. Eventually. She always was.
- Not Meant to Be – 194 words – Melanie’s smile faded at that, as if suddenly reminded why she had come over today. “I will, Toby. Don’t worry.”
If only she understood that was impossible for him.
- Buried Secrets – 229 words – Well, thank Christ for that. His father had warned him that this process would be more involved than he was ready for, but Joel had ignored him. He’d figured the older man just wanted to try to talk him out of this. Like he’d been attempting for the last several months. Ever since he’d first started looking at properties. Now, that he was close, he could admit his father had a point. Even if the motivation behind it was unclear.
- Playing with Fire – 6017 words – “I don’t think so. I’ve watched the two of you. This dance you’ve been doing.”
“And I’ve watched the two of you,” she said. “You’ve got your own intricate steps going.”
- Edit: Stained Blood – finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes – Through the Act III beat sheet, only have a few more sections to get through.
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish Story Toolkit,
the last 2 Just Jot It January prompts, and outline if I can – I got through the Act III beat sheet on this too. I wrote 1 more Just Jot It piece & also this week’s SOCS, though both probably take place after the end of the story Side Projects: Add 1500 words(since I’m moving Midas’ Daughter up under the other writing for now)– 1707/1500 words. Almost finished with Dance with the Devil. Maybe just one more scene.
- Dance with the Devil – 615 words – I heard snorts of disgust from the Crows, but I ignored them as I helped him get to his feet. “Let’s go,” I said. “You can yell at me later.”
- Fade Away – 520 words – I stepped into the hot water and waited for it to warm me, all the way to my bones. I started to think it would never happen. I should have done this when I first got home the night before. Then, maybe it wouldn’t feel like the chill had settled right into my soul.
- Patrick & Sarah – 146 words – Patrick was sure Sarah was going to send him away, even after she’d opened the shawl. Maybe even more so because of it. The store clerk had told him it wouldn’t be as easy as he hoped. But, he’d already been sure of that anyway.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 127 words – She did not know why that made him smile and shake his head, but it made her lips spread in the same gesture. He said something to the men, his voice sounding like stones rolling around together. But, she didn’t quite understand the words.
- Roman – 151 words – She hugged him tight. “I’ve been right here. But, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have told you to leave me alone. I didn’t mean I didn’t want you here. I just needed-““To be able to breathe. I do understand, Cris. But, that doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt.”
- Dougal & Shae – 149 words – Maureen smiled now. She practically danced away from the bed. That was more like her sister. Shae was so glad to see it, too. Just because she sometimes saw the worst of the worst didn’t mean she had to show even a slice of it to her innocent little sister.
Changeless(Gail Carriger), Be Mine Forever(Marina Adair),The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan) – finished Changeless(loved, though the end broke my heart. just glad there’s more or that end would have pissed me off), I really enjoyed Be Mine Forever. I still have about 3 hours left on the Sapphire Brooch and loving it.
Finish Idol(Kristen Callihan), Mixed Signals(Alyssa Cole), Act Like It(Lucy Parker), & Engaging the Bachelor(Cathryn Fox). Added: No Place to Run(Maya Banks), Along Came a Spider(Kate Serine),Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson) & Make It Right(Megan Erickson) – I finished Idol(enjoyed), Mixed Signals(really enjoyed), set aside Act Like It because it didn’t pull me in & the hero was being set up as a completely unlikeable asshat & I didn’t see why I’d want to root for the heroine to get together with him. Then, I read Engaging the Bachelor which I liked. I finished No Place to Run(enjoyed) and Along Came a Spider(loved) and am on page 238 of Born Wild. I should finish that today and would like to at least read Gena/Finn as well, but I’ll likely be moving it to next week’s list Loom: Meadow Moss Headband– I started this again and ended up ripping it out yet again. I just can’t seem to get it right, so I finally decided to give up on this one. So for this week, I added:
- Knit: Clean Slate hat – got this started, through the ribbing and began the main section of the pattern.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – I got the theme reveal post mostly done, but nothing else.
A god bit of both green and blue, which makes me happy. Now, for next week’s goals:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between all projects
- Edit: Stained Blood – finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes. Start writing new scenes
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish Story Toolkit & outline scenes.
- Side Projects: Add 1500 words
- Listen: The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan), Walking on Her Grave(Melinda Leigh), & She Can Kill(Melinda Leigh)
- Read: Finish Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson), Make It Right(Megan Erickson), Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Illegal Motion(Erin Nicholas), Shadows and Silk(Liliana Hart), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), & The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman)
- Knit: Clean Slate hat
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z