So, first: I finished the first draft of In the Moonlight yesterday! Woohoo! I started it back in May, according to my spreadsheet. Feels almost like I’ve been working on it forever. And I know it’s a mess. I outlined it planning to write it as I usually do, 3rd person dual POV. Yeah, the characters had other ideas. So, that’s part of it. And I just went so far off the outline, I wasn’t sure whether I was coming or going. But, I’m going to let it sit for at least a month then I’ll go through and hopefully pull all the threads together.
Second, I got my hair cut over the weekend. I mentioned that on Sunday, too, but I know not everyone visits then. I’m really liking it, though, in the morning, I usually get this:
Oh, the joys of really short curly hair. But, I was really hating having it get in my face and touching my neck. As I think I mentioned Sunday, I didn’t realize how much I hate long hair until I started getting it cut short again. Now, I feel more like me.
And, since it is Wednesday, it’s time for WiPPet Wednesday!! Woohoo. One of my favorite times of the week. Crash and Burn has moved up into my main project slot now, so that’s what I’ll be sharing from for now. I have 10 paragraphs for today(1+1+8). Brann has gone to talk to his sister-in-law, and she has a way of making him see things differently.
He groaned. He’d wanted to avoid just that thing. But, it didn’t seem to matter. After their fight, everyone would know what was going on with him. “It’s being taken care of. I’m not taking the threats lately.”
She gave a slow shake of her head. “I do not just mean the threats, though those are bad. But, you had a smart, strong, beautiful woman standing by you. Why would you send her away?”
He straightened at that. “I did not send her away. I just wanted her to be safe, and she walked away from me because of that.”
Luisa let a long breath and almost looked disappointed. “Brann, you know I love your brother. So very, very much. But, even I want to strangle him sometimes with how overprotective he can be. I did not think you would ever be like him. And from what Caitie said, your girl would not appreciate or tolerate that even half as much as I do.”
He wished she’d stop calling Jaya his. Jaya had made it clear she wasn’t. “I just don’t want her to be hurt. Is that really so wrong?”
“No, but do not be an idiot, Brann, you so rarely are. That is not all you did. You went against what she would want, tried to take a choice from her. And that is wrong.”
“Shit.” He couldn’t hold back the curse this time, and almost felt the disapproval from his sister-in-law as he dropped his head into his hands. “You’re right,” he admitted. “I know you’re right. I just don’t know how to make it better.”
She patted his knee. “You’ll figure it out. Like I said, you are rarely an idiot. And usually not for long.”
He laughed then stopped as a sharp cry rang out from down the hall. Luisa sighed and started to stand, but Brann halted her. “I’ll get her. I was hoping for some time with my youngest niece anyway.”
Luisa smiled at him. “She would be lucky to have a man like you, Brann. I hope she realizes that.”
Will Brann stop being an idiot? Will Jaya realize it? Will they get back together?(Come on, you have to know the answer to that. This is me writing it;) )
Now for my goals progress so far this week:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words – 6173/10000 words so far. I might actually meet this target this week.
- Edit: Stained Blood – finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes – still working through the Toolkit
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish Story Toolkit & continue exploring characters with Just Jot It prompts. Outline if I get that far. – still working through the Toolkit for this as well. And I have 2 pieces for Just Jot It so far. Get to see Jeremiah & his feelings for both Corrin & Silas.
- Side projects – add 2000 words(added new project to the list for possible submission to this year’s WUR) – 1024/2000 so far. That’s just for Midas’ Daughter and Dance with the Devil. I’m planning to start the new project today.
Lady Midnight(Cassandra Clare),The Pale Dreamer(Samantha Shannon), & The Professor(Robert Bailey) – I finished Lady Midnight yesterday(loved it) and started The Pale Dreamer. It’s short, so I should finish it today).
Finish Nothing Like Paris(Amy Jo Cousins), All Summer Long(Susan Mallery), Love, Exes, and Ohs(Violet Duke), Sweet Cinderella(Penny Watson),Under a Painted Sky(Stacey Lee), Lady of the Star Wind(Veronica Scott), Shattered Past(Lindsay Buroker), Last Seen Leaving(Caleb Roehrig), & Burned(Sarah Morgan) – I finished Nothing Like Paris(really enjoyed), All Summer Long(enjoyed), Love, Exes and Ohs(liked), & Sweet Cinderella(liked). And I just started Under a Painted Sky last night. Haven’t gotten very far yet, though.
- Crochet – Giraffe Hat – making progress on this. Would be making more if I didn’t have to keep untangling the yarn as I go.
- Loom – Meadow Moss Headband – will start when I finish the giraffe hat
- A to Z Challenge: Plot – L-Z posts – outlined L & M posts. Hopefully I can stay ahead of stuff and get to a few more of these.
I love seeing all that green. if this keeps up, it’ll be a really good week.