I’ve had a bit of a slow start to this round. Monday the kids were still home, and it took me longer than I’d hoped to get my words in for the day. I decided to change to working 2 hours on my main project and 1 hour on a secondary project each day. Which means I may not get the 3000 words I’d planned every day, but I’m hoping it might balance out throughout the week. I was hoping to catch up on stuff that got pushed aside on Monday yesterday, but then we started moving things around in the girl’s room so we could put our old headboard in there(since we got a new bed last month). Turns out her bed(one of those wooden ones with the drawers built in) is falling apart. We’ve had it eight years, and it was used then. So, we’re going to give her the other pieces of the old bed, too, we just have to get it in there now.
Still hoping to get caught up on where I’d wanted to be. I mostly am except for my knitting and reading goals.
Now, it’s WiPPet Wednesday!! The first one of the new year. I have a little more from Defending the Heart for you today. 6 paragraphs(1+4+2+0+1+7=15=1+5=6)
“You two boys sure you don’t want anything else?”
They’d ordered some pastries to go with their coffee when they’d first set things up. But, since then, it had just been refills of the coffee. Xavier started to shake his head, but Piers said, “How about a couple of those cinnamon scones I saw the last time I was up that way. They looked as sweet as you.”
Xavier very nearly groaned as the waitress smiled at Piers and noted down the order. He wasn’t sure if it was just the flirting Piers was doing with the waitress, or because the other man obviously still remembered his weakness for cinnamon.
“We’ll probably be here a little while yet,” Piers said quietly once the waitress had left, a light flush to her cheeks. “We’ll need the fuel.”
He might be right, but Xavier still didn’t want to think about how he’d smiled at the woman. Piers used to smile at him like that. And it was all his own fault he didn’t anymore. He needed to remember that.
Even after that kiss, he couldn’t expect to get that smile again. That had just been a buildup of…what? Lust, frustration…something else? He didn’t know. But, he was sure it wouldn’t happen again. It shouldn’t happen again. It only led them along the same cycle they’d been repeating the last fifteen years. You’d think eventually they’d learn.
Well, they certainly have to learn something, it just might not be the thing Xavier assumes. 🙂
- Write: 14000 words(2k on main project a day, 1k on others a week) – As I said above, I’m not quite keeping to this plan. But, I’ve got 5912/14000 words in so far.
- Stained Blood – start re-plotting once back from CP – got this back Monday and we’ve been emailing back and forth on some ideas. I’m about ready to start re-plotting
- Loving the Devil –
startStory Toolkit – I got this started and 1st 2 sections filled in
- Playing with Fire –
finish back stories, plot summary,start Story Toolkit – finished the last of the back stories and the plot summary. Going to type all those up into scrivener today then start the Story Toolkit
- Side Projects – write 1500 words – nothing on these yet
Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case(Kristen Painter)& She Can Scream(Melinda Leigh) – Finished Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case. It was a fun listen. I started She Can Scream this morning.
- Read: The Hawk(Monica McCarty), Law Man(Kristen Ashley), Trade Me(Courtney Milan), Tied to Trouble(Megan Erickson), What Chris Wants(Lori Foster), Just You(Rebecca Phillips), & Island of Glass(Nora Roberts) – Like I said above, this is one of the goals that’s suffered this week. I’m only about halfway through The Hawk and haven’t even started the others. May start dedicating more of my afternoons to reading.
- Knit: Craigiecatt Hat – I just finally got this cast on yesterday. haven’t made more progress than that.
- A to Z challenge: Plot – nothing more on these this week. I may get to them at some point.
More red than I’d really like to see, but a good bit of green, too. So that isn’t too bad. and I did a lot of jotting here, so I guess this can count for my Just Jot It post for today. 😉