Yeah, so yesterday was my birthday. Woohoo & yippee, I suppose. Thirty-two whole years. Friday night we met my mom and stepdad at one of the local VFWs(they’re members there). We ate dinner, and it was pretty good. Saturday morning we met a couple friends for breakfast. Then, we headed up to Erie. The boy was invited to a birthday party, and he still needed to get a present for the friend. So, we did that, stopped at a couple other places, then my husband dropped the girl and me off at Barnes n Noble, while he took the boy to the party. We were there for about three hours. Seems like a pretty good birthday gift to me. 😉 We had books picked out pretty quickly then went up to the starbucks that’s in the store got chocolate milk(for her) and a peppermint mocha(for me) and split a large cookie while we read our books. Then, we still had to get groceries before heading home. Overall not a bad birthday for me, and I got a lot of my stuff done during the week.
Write 12000 words– 13169/12000 words. Definitely surpassed that one.
- Defending the Heart – 2654 words – “I’m sorry.” He found the words slipping out. They couldn’t convey everything he was feeling, but he didn’t know any words that would do that.
- Crash and Burn – 2580 words – He turned and walked away before Cormac could say another word. He hadn’t done the best at accepting who Gio told them he was, but at least he was trying. Cormac just tried to live in denial. But, that had never worked out well for anyone.
- Not Meant to Be – 2720 words – Toby had just been trying to convince himself to get up off his mother’s couch and head back to his apartment. He was stuffed from a good meal, and felt almost relaxed enough to fall asleep right where he was by the peace of being here. But, those three words shattered all of that.
- Stay a Little Longer – 2664 words – She looked up and saw Jorden standing on the sidewalk. A part of her lightened. There may be some resentment that her father preferred either one of his sons to his daughter, but that didn’t lessen the fact she loved her brothers. And they tried to help her as much as they could.
- In the Moonlight – 2551 words – Her face was flushing bright red as she said all these words. And it just made me want to touch her more. Not that I really needed an excuse to want more of that.
Guarding the Heart – Polish– As I mentioned on Wednesday, I got comments back on Healing the Heart from beta reader, so I set this aside to work on those. I’m mostly through them, just some general stuff I still need to address. Once I have Healing the Heart ready to go, I’ll pick this back up. Stay a Little Longer – Outline– finished this Side Projects – Write 1500 words– 1850 words
- Dance with the Devil – 564 words – I didn’t know why the words were so hard to bring out. Not when it seemed they’d been bouncing around in my head for so long. “I want you, Gavin. I want this. I want us.”
- Snow White Twist – 535 words – Tears burned at her eyes. But, she couldn’t help but think about Eira waiting back at the house for her. How could she face the other girl if she had her own brother’s blood on her hands?
- Patrick & Sarah – 165 words – She jerked back and turned to go down the next aisle. A man standing near the end of the one she’d just gone down stopped her, though. The same man who’d been here before and had been talking to Will. What was he doing back here now?
- Tavin & Haiwee – 140 words – The red man –Haiwee wished she knew the name he was called—shook his head, looking a little confused. “No,” he finally said. “Just the meat.” *she calls him the red man because of his bright red hair.
- Roman – 151 words – “You know, Carlos,” Roman said easily, “My father moved here from Puerto Rico when he was a teenager. We spoke about an equal amount of Spanish and English in the house while I was growing up. So, I know exactly what you’re calling my colleagues.” He paused for a moment then added, “And I’m sorry none of them have helped you before. But, that’s just what I want to do.”
- Dougal & Shae – 149 words – His jaw tightened, and she was sure she saw a flash of anger go through his eyes. What did he think? That she was just some pretty decoration they were supposed to take along for the ride? She’d only been on the force for a few years, but she’d thought she’d proved herself by now.
Listen: Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet(Charlie Holmberg), The Sapphire Heist(Lauren Blakely)– finished both of these & enjoyed them as well as Seconds to Live(Melinda Leigh). Also started Out of the Shadows(Tiffany Snow).
Finish Out on Good Behavior(Dahlia Adler), Walking by Faith(A.M. Leibowitz), The Rule Book(Jennifer Blackwood), The Best Kind of Trouble(Lauren Dane),Into the Storm(Suzanne Brockman), Seduce Me at Sunrise(Lisa Kleypas), Devoted in Death(J.D. Robb), & Tall, Dark, and Deadly(Suzanne Brockman) – Finished Out on Good Behavior(loved) and Walking by Faith(LOVED! And posted a review here on Friday as part of the blog tour). I loved The Rule Book. Couldn’t really get into The Best Kind of Trouble so set it aside. Started Into the Storm and am enjoying it, but with everything else going on, haven’t managed to read a lot. I also started Thrill Ride(Julie Ann Walker) which I bought yesterday(since I didn’t have the other book with me and had some time to kill I started it). I’m hoping to at least finish Into the Storm today and will move the other books to next week’s list.
- Knit: Tricorder Hat – not quite finished with this. I only have a couple more rounds, though, so I’ll probably finish today.
- Crochet: Tiny Jellyfish – didn’t start on this. Moving to next week’s goals.
A little bit of red, but mostly green and blue. Maybe next week it will be even more blue.
- Write 12500 words
- Healing the Heart – finish beta edits, proofread, & get cover art
- Side Projects – Write 1500 words
- Listen: Out of the Shadows(Tiffany Snow) & It Had to Be Him(Tamra Baumann)
- Read: Into the Storm(Suzanne Brockman), Thrill Ride(Julie Ann Walker), Seduce Me at Sunrise(Lisa Kleypas), Devoted in Death(J.D. Robb), Tall Dark and Deadly(Suzanne Brockman), Controlled Burn(Shannon Stacey), Lover Awakened(J.R. Ward), & Lucky Break(Carly Phillips)
- Knit: Finish Tricorder Hat & Wheatfields Dishcloth
- Crochet: Tiny Jellyfish