I’m nearing the end of drafting Break on Me. I’m pretty sure I’ll be there by the end of the week. Maybe even tomorrow(probably not). Good timing since I’ll be starting the next book in the series, Stay a Little Longer, on Tuesday for NaNoWriMo. I’m almost finished with the plotting of it. So, I shouldn’t have any trouble being ready to jump in on it on Tuesday.
We had to take the pup in to the vet this morning. He’s been scratching at this one spot on his neck, and it’s gotten so bad it was bleeding. Turns out he’s got a bacterial infection there now. So, an allergy shot, bottle of antibiotics, new flea pill and $100 later, we’re back home. Hopefully this will clear it up.
Now, onto WiPPet Wednesday. This will probably be the last snippet I share from Break on Me. At least for now. Today I have 7 paragraphs(1+0+2+6+1+6=16=1+6=7)
He swallowed hard. “I got it the morning of the funeral. I couldn’t bring myself to open it. I still haven’t.”
Something in her eyes softened then. “He apologized to me. Said he wished he’d been a better brother. That he should be the one taking care of me instead of the other way around. I hadn’t gotten the call from the police yet. I wanted to tell him that he was an idiot. I couldn’t have had a better brother, and I didn’t need anyone to take care of me.”
She looked right into his eyes then, and he felt a little sick. Even as she turned him on. “I don’t need someone who wants to take care of me, Gabe. I need someone who loves me, who wants me just as I am. So, if that’s what this is, some kind of twisted favor to my brother-”
“No,” Gabriel said on a rushed breath. “That’s why I tried to fight it. He wouldn’t have wanted this.”
That had apparently been the wrong thing to say as well. “Why should my brother have anything to do with why we are or aren’t together?” she demanded. “Even if he was still alive, he wouldn’t have any say in it.”
“He just wanted to make sure no one ever hurt you. He certainly wouldn’t want me to be the one to do it. And really, Lora, what the hell can I give you? My broken mind, my broken body. Which of those things appeals to you so much?”
She shoved against his shoulder than scrambled from the bed. “I don’t see either of those things as broken, you idiot. And it was your heart, dumbass. Your completely whole heart that appeals to me. But, I don’t need someone who wants to take care of me. I had a big brother, I don’t need the man I love to be a stand in one.”
They’ve both got to be a little stubborn, of course. You can read the other WiPPeteers here.
As for my progress so far this week:
- Write: 14000 words – 7098/14000 words. Mostly on Break on Me.
- Break on Me – 6037 words – Gabriel had barely wanted to let go of Lora’s hand the whole time they’d eaten at the diner. He’d heard talk around them but had ignored all of it. Especially the people who whispered about him making out with Erik the day before. it had been one kiss, on the cheek. God, people in this town could be ridiculous.
- In the Moonlight – 1061 words – I hated that had her pulling away. But, what was I supposed to do about it? This was something I’d been taught to be ashamed of. I couldn’t change that overnight. Not even for her.
- Edit: Guarding the Heart – Work through revisions – making progress on this. About halfway through now.
- Plot: Stay a Little Longer – Finish Story Toolkit, start plot summary if I have time – Almost finished working through the toolkit.
- Side Projects – write 1500 words between them – nothing yet
The Obsession(Nora Roberts)& A Torch Against the Night(Sabaa Tahir*which I won’t actually have until Tuesday when I get my next credit) – finished The Obsession(really enjoyed it), Almost 7 hours into A Torch Against the Night already.
Finish The Invisible Entente(Krista Walsh), Landing the Air Marshal(Jennifer Blackwood), Turn My World Around(Kait Nolan), Superior(Jessica Lack),Shadowshaper(Daniel Jose Older), Jerkbait(Mia Siegert), Chase Me(Tessa Bailey), & Keeping Her Secret(Sarah Nicolas) – I finished The Invisible Entente(really enjoyed), Landing the Air Marshal(loved this one), Turn My World Around(loved!), Surperior(this was great and short!), and am 13% into Shadowshaper. It’s not really pulling me in, so I don’t know if I’ll keep at it or not.
Not too bad so far. Hopefully I’ll get rid of that red by Sunday.