It’s been a pretty good week. This pretty much sums it up:
Definitely a good week. This weekend hasn’t been too bad either. We’re having some friends over for lunch today(chili) and for the kids to carve pumpkins(even though our kids carved some with grandma yesterday) and play together for a while. And then tomorrow it will be back to routine.
Write 14000 words– 15163/14000 words. Definitely a win here.
- Break on Me – 10381 words – Gabriel opened his mouth, as if to say something, but he closed it again. He was worried, she could see that. But, he wasn’t stepping in. He’d come over when he thought she was in danger, but now he was letting her handle things. Her chest suddenly felt too tight. Aaron already would have been between her and the danger.
- In the Moonlight – 1061 words – Mom wasn’t here. And Yasmin was right. I needed to stop making my decisions based on what she would think. She wasn’t here, and I was a grown woman now. I didn’t need her approval.
- Defending the Heart – 1085 words – The sharp tone in Piers’ voice sent a spear of pain right through Xavier’s heart. He didn’t care how melodramatic that thought seemed. It was what he felt in the moment. “I’m moving into the apartment upstairs,” he said through the gnawing ache in his chest.
- Toby & Denise – 1051 words – She gave a shake of her head, but he was already turning away, his brother with him. Jonas gave her a little shrug and roll of his eyes. Like he didn’t have any clue what had gotten into his brother either. Her shoulders felt a little heavier as she continued on to the table.
- Brann & Jaya – 1585 words – “I think your plan worked,” she said, nodding over his shoulder. Jessica was heading their way. She brushed a kiss over his cheek. “Maybe guard your heart this time.”
He sent her a smile that looked just a touch sad. “What would be the fun in that?” he asked. *Oh, poor Austin. Him and Jess will eventually figure it out(their story is up next). I also wrote more for this for my SOCS post this week
Edit: Guarding the Heart Read through– finished this on Friday. Have over 300 notes on it. A lot of them are little things, so that hopefully isn’t as bad as it looks. Plot: Jess & Terrall – Story Tookit: through Act 2 Beat sheet– got through this one. Hoping to finish the tool kit this week. Then, I’ll do the plot summary and get it all set up in Scrivener so I can start writing on Nov 1. Also have at least a tentative title: Stay a Little Longer Side Projects – Write 1500 words between them– 1751/1500 words. Another win.
- Dance with the Devil – 532 words – At least that’s what I kept telling myself. That this hollow feeling inside me didn’t have anything to do with Hawk. That I didn’t miss him every day he wasn’t at my side. And whose fault was that anyway?Mine. It was all mine. I’d pushed him away again and again. Why would I think he’d choose to stick around? He wasn’t some toy I could keep on a string, just pulling him back when it suited me. He deserved so much more than that.
- Snow White Twist – 555 words – “I’ll have something special when you return,” she said, sounding a little breathless after that kiss. Tarian grinned at her. “Even more reason to return quickly.” Then, she turned and headed out the door. Hopefully she’d be able to take care of this quickly and return to the girl she was pretty sure she loved.
- Patrick & Sarah – 148 words – She was just trying to survive in a world without the man she’d loved. And make sure her boys thrived. What was so wrong with that?
- Tavin & Haiwee – 150 words – Her brother stepped forward and held his hand up. “We mean no harm,” he said, then he glanced at her. “Haiwee, who is this man?” he asked in their language.
- Roman – 184 words – The man…kid, really…walking in front of the big, burly guard wasn’t what Roman had expected. Carlos might be nineteen, but he looked like a lost little boy right now.
- Dougal & Shae – 182 words – The taller of the two men in front of him sighed. “And here I thought we were off duty.” *Little does Dougal know, he’s just met Shae’s brothers. This could get interesting.
Listen: Minutes to Kill(Melinda Leigh)– finished this and really enjoyed it. Started to listen to Crooked Kingdom(even though I’ve already read it), then The Obsession(Nora Roberts) was the daily deal for audible on Friday, so I grabbed that and have been listening to it since.
Finish Signal Boost(Alyssa Cole), Falling into Bed with a Duke(Lorraine Heath), 37 Things I Love(Kekla Magoon), The Shadow Queen(CJ Redwine), Fake ID(Lamar Giles), Rock Addiction(Nalini Singh), Frost Station Alpha(Ruby Lionsdrake),The Invisible Entente(Krista Walsh) – I finished Signal Boost(really enjoyed it), Falling into Bed with a Duke(enjoyed this one too), 37 Things I Love(liked this one), The Shadow Queen(really, really enjoyed this), Fake ID(enjoyed), Rock Addiction(Ah, had some issues with this one. A lot with the hero not taking no, or pushing when she asked him to go. There was a lot of sex(which doesn’t bother me) and while the scenes were hot, it felt like they were all the same. There were 2 parts, and honestly the second part felt kind of boring, no real conflict). I added the novella and the next novel to my to buy list, so we’ll see if I feel the same after them or not). Finished Frost Station Alpha last night(really enjoyed this one, too), and I’m about 30% through The Invisible Entente. I should be finishing it later today. Knit/Crochet– dish cloths. As I said Wednesday, the pup has taken to digging these out of the laundry and chewing them up, so I need to make more. – I finished one of these, but didn’t have a lot of cotton yarn left in any one color. Yesterday, I bought some more yarn, so I’ll be making some more.(we even bought a new laundry bag to replace the one the pup chew a big hole through)
Almost all blue! Like I said, a good week.
And the inspiration for the title of Jess & Terrall’s book:
And now for goals for next week:
- Write: 14000 words
- Edit: Guarding the Heart – Work through revisions
- Plot: Stay a Little Longer – Finish Story Toolkit, start plot summary if I have time
- Side Projects – write 1500 words between them
- Listen: The Obsession(Nora Roberts) & A Torch Against the Night(Sabaa Tahir*which I won’t actually have until Tuesday when I get my next credit)
- Read: Finish The Invisible Entente(Krista Walsh), Landing the Air Marshal(Jennifer Blackwood), Turn My World Around(Kait Nolan), Superior(Jessica Lack), Shadowshaper(Daniel Jose Older), Jerkbait(Mia Siegert), Chase Me(Tessa Bailey), & Keeping Her Secret(Sarah Nicolas)