Last week, I’d fallen behind by Wednesday then ended up picking up the pace for the second half of the week. and I ended up getting almost all my goals met. This week I’m holding to a steadier pace. Not really getting ahead but staying on track. Which is pretty good still. and, yeah, not much more to say about that. So, on to what you’re here for.
First up, WiPPet Wednesday time! Woohoo!! I’m still working on Break on Me as my main project. Though this has gone so far off my outline, I’m not quite sure I can find my way back. I had this happen with Love Who You Love, too. Probably means I’ll have a lot of revising to do. But, for now, Gabe & Lora are broken up and I have to work on getting them back together. So, I’ll keep plowing ahead. As for today’s snippet, I’ll be reversing to pick up right where I left off last week. I have the next 4 paragraphs(1+0+1+9-1-6).
Gabriel bristled at that, but he understood. Aaron hadn’t been so welcoming to Erik, had even made things a little rougher on him when the younger man had first joined their unit. “You know the words don’t matter. The message was clear. He didn’t want anyone who wasn’t right for her. And how could I be?”
“Are you fucking serious?” Erik demanded. “You’re one of the best men I’ve ever known. Hell, you let me move in here with you, no questions asked. And I know damn well you haven’t banked any of the money I’ve given you for rent.”
“I told you when you moved in, that I didn’t need you to pay me. It’ll be there if you ever want to find your own place.”
Erik shook his head. “I don’t need you to take care of me. Neither does she,” he said, jerking his thumb toward the bedroom. “I know you don’t think you’re good enough. For anybody. But, that’s not what this is about. It’s about what she wants, and what you want. What makes the two of you happy. Maybe you should take some of that when it’s right there in front of you.”
Erik often acts like nothing matters to him. But, that’s definitely not the case. Can’t wait to get to his story. he’s being rather patient as other characters keep popping up and saying their stories come first.
Now, as for my progress for the week. I’ve been doing a general update for each section of my goals, but I’m going to go back to my list format for now. it’s just easier to keep track that way.
- Write 14000 words – 6840/14000 words so far and I’m not done with today’s words yet.
- Break on Me – 5498 words – She snorted. “Aaron used to say I was a wildcat in disguise. If someone I cared about was being attacked, physically or verbally, I have a tendency to jump in, claws out.”
- In the Moonlight – 1061 words – Mom had said it was disrespectful for us to make assumptions like that. Both Ms. Adriane and Bailey were good, decent people. I had never understood what that had to do with them being in love with each other. And if they did have something going on, I thought good for them. Because Mom was right. They were good, decent people. They deserved to be happy, even if it was only for a short time.
- Defending the Heart – 281 words – On his next trip in, with just one box this time, he heard cursing coming from the small office. In French. Oh no. No, no, no. Piers wasn’t starting until next week. What was he even doing here? Xavier couldn’t make his feet move any closer to the office to find out.
- Edit: Guarding the Heart Read through – I’m about 40% through this. I already have almost 150 notes in it. Some of them are little things that will be quite easy to fix. but still. *sigh*
- Plot: Jess & Terrall – Story Tookit: through Act 2 Beat sheet – On track with this. I’m through the locations worksheet. Will do the second one today. I’ve added 1330 plotting words this week.
- Side Projects – Write 1500 words between them – nothing here yet
- Listen: Minutes to Kill(Melinda Leigh) – I’m just about finished with this. It’s the last one I had in my library, but I went and added the audio for Crooked Kingdom(which I read earlier this month), so I’ll listen to that next(I did the same thing with Six of Crows, which I’ve now listened to three times)
Finish Signal Boost(Alyssa Cole), Falling into Bed with a Duke(Lorraine Heath), 37 Things I Love(Kekla Magoon),The Shadow Queen(CJ Redwine), Fake ID(Lamar Giles), Rock Addiction(Nalini Singh), Frost Station Alpha(Ruby Lionsdrake), The Invisible Entente(Krista Walsh) – I finished Signal Boost Sunday night(really enjoyed), Finished Falling into Bed with a Duke yesterday(enjoyed) and 37 Things I love(liked, though it made me cry at the end). I’ll be starting The Shadow Queen today. Knit/Crochet – dish cloths– I finished one of these. Ended up using four different colors of yarn. Well, two were purple, but right next to each other, you can tell they’re different shades. Don’t think I’ll make more until I get more cotton yarn. I don’t think I have enough of any one color to finish one cloth.