I mentioned on Wednesday that my progress had kind of been stop and go early on in the week. I wasn’t sure I’d be able to meet all my goals for the week. Then, on Thursday, something seemed to clear for me. I got caught up on my words for my main project then and almost caught up on plotting goals. Then, we had to go up to the high school that night because the boy was singing with his class before the girls’ volleyball game. And we ended up staying to watch the game as well(our team lost;(). Friday I got my words in even sooner and finished up my editing and plotting goals, and I got to a couple of my secondary projects. Saturday morning I was able to finish off those secondary projects and get to all of my side projects in the morning. So I spent the afternoon reading and nearly caught up on my goals there.
Write 14000 words(Break on Me will be my new main project)– 14443/14000 words
- Break on Me – 10197 – He was just too much sometimes. “Do you have any shame?” she asked but could quite keep from laughing.”What would be the point in that? My father tried to fill me with it for who I am. I refuse to swallow any more of it.” *Oh, Erik is so much fun to write. Probably because of that lack of shame.
- In the Moonlight – 1032 words – I could feel my face heat degree by degree at that. She laughed again, though, and cupped my chin in her hand. “Not a judgment, Nola. I think I like you even better a little dirtied.”
- Defending the Heart – 1105 words – He thought of what Hector had told him the day before. Maybe apologies would solve some things, but he didn’t think it would be enough to fix this between him and Piers.
- Toby & Denise – 1096 words – Toby thought his heart skipped a beat as what his brother had just said sunk in. “So, no girlfriend? A boyfriend.”
Jonas smiled, but it seemed nervous. Toby tipped his chair back and smiled. “Well, I hope I get to meet him, too. Think I should run a check on him?”
“No!” Jonas cried, and Toby laughed.
- Brann & Jaya – 1013 words – He felt a nudge to his side and almost dropped his phone. “Enough with the dour looks, brother,” Caitie said, grinning up at him. “It’s my wedding. We’re supposed to be celebrating.” This was also my Stream of Consciousness Saturday post for this week if you want to read more of it.
Edit: Guarding the Heart– Scene issues(this will mostly be rearranging things, but may be some more new words, too) – got this done. Added 106 words. Plot: Jess & Terrall – Work through story kit – romance arc– got through the romance arc worksheet as I’d planned. Added 6344 plotting words.
- Side Projects: Write 2000 words – 1839 words. I’m changing this goal slightly. Going to write 500 each on the two main side projects(Dance with the Devil & Snow White Twist) and another 500 between the smaller ones. I was going to try to submit SWT at the end of this month, but that’s just not going to happen
- Dance with the Devil – 541 words – Icarus got up and patted my leg. “Let yourself heal up before you go and do something stupid again. We’ll talk about your bike situation when you’re back on your feet.”
- Snow White Twist – 532 words – “Yes,” Tarian breathed. “Oh, Dark Gods, please, yes.”
- Patrick & Sarah – 140 words – One night of uninterrupted sleep. That was all she asked for. And for her boys to get along, instead of William insisting his brother stood over him when he woke at night. When it was perfectly clear to her Thomas still laid asleep in his bed. *Or is he actually sleeping?
- Tavin & Haiwee – 155 words – But, this one, the one who looked so much like a bear lumbering along behind her. He she thought she liked. Though she could not quite decide why that was. Why did the wind blow? It just did. Maybe this had the same reason.
- Roman – 245 words – He just wasn’t sure he could do this. Everything felt like it was weighing too heavy on him. He just might crack.
- Dougal & Shae – 226 words – These two definitely fell into that first group. Nothing he could do unless they actually started causing a problem, though. And from what he’d seen so far, his boss wouldn’t take action until it went almost too far. Nothing he could do about that either. All he could do was his job.
Listen: The Sapphire Affair(Lauren Blakely) & The Matchmaker’s Playbook(Rachel Van Dyken)– I finished The Sapphire Affair & enjoyed it. Got pissed at The Matchmaker’s Playbook between the “hero”‘s attitude(came across as extremely sexist) and then it seemed they were romanticizing stalking & I was done. I listened to This is Where It ends(Marieke Nijkamp), and wow was this intense & emotional & heartbreaking. I sobbed through the last several chapters. It was also awesome. Then, I listened to Almost Dead(T.R. Ragan) and was disappointed though I’ve liked the rest of the series. Not only did the bad guy get away at the end, but the love interest died. Now, I don’t think it was marketed as Romance, but still. I’m undecided whether I’ll listen to the last book or not.
Saint and Scholar(Holley Trent), Chemical Reaction(A.M. Leibowitz), Shallow Graves(Kali Wallace), Rest Stop(Catie Rhodes), Personal Geography(Tamsen Parker), A Perfect Storm(Lori Foster), It’s in His Kiss(Jill Shalvis), Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel(Sara Farizan),Signal Boost(Alyssa Cole) & Falling into Bed with a Duke(Lorraine Heath) – I finished Saint and Scholar(liked the first part, but the second half felt like it skimmed over details), Chemical Reaction(enjoyed), Shallow Graves(really enjoyed), Rest Stop(enjoyed), Personal Geography(really enjoyed, though it had a cliffhanger ending), A Perfect Storm(liked), It’s in His Kiss(loved), & Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel(really enjoyed). I’m only 13% into Signal Boost but enjoying it so far. I should be able to finish it today and hoping to finish Falling into Bed with a Duke as well, but we’ll see Crochet: Fall Leaves– Just the one I did on Monday. Didn’t get to any more of them.
A lot of blue in there. Hopefully I can keep it up for the next week:
- Write 14000 words
- Edit: Guarding the Heart Read through
- Plot: Jess & Terrall – Story Tookit: through Act 2 Beat sheet
- Side Projects – Write 1500 words between them
- Listen: Minutes to Kill(Melinda Leigh)
- Read: Finish Signal Boost(Alyssa Cole), Falling into Bed with a Duke(Lorraine Heath), 37 Things I Love(Kekla Magoon), The Shadow Queen(CJ Redwine), Fake ID(Lamar Giles), Rock Addiction(Nalini Singh), Frost Station Alpha(Ruby Lionsdrake), The Invisible Entente(Krista Walsh)
- Knit/Crochet – dish cloths. As I said Wednesday, the pup has taken to digging these out of the laundry and chewing them up, so I need to make more.