This weekend was our town’s Homecoming celebration. Friday night was the football game, which we didn’t go to. It was rainy, and we ended up going to get groceries anyway. Saturday morning we had the parade. The boy wore his own turnout gear and got to walk in the parade with Daddy.
The girl ended up riding in the hay wagon with some other kids from the fire department. After the parade, we had chicken and biscuits at the fire hall. Then, we went around town to the Fall Fest. Our church had a yard sale, and I found 1 book there(which they were giving away for free at that point). Then, we made our way down to the library, stopping at a couple bounce houses for the kids to play on. Ended up getting 4 more books there. Then, we headed back to the fire department where the Explorers post had a couple games and stuff set up. We were in town most of the day. Today we went to church then to a pancake breakfast at the fire hall. I may be looking forward to Monday at this point(not exactly an unusual occurrence for me though).
I didn’t get as much done this week as I would have liked. I was doing good. Even Friday morning, I was ready to get started in the morning. Then, I got the kids on the bus in the rain, and when I got back to the house, I just…didn’t want to do anything. There were a couple things I had to do, like paying bills and other chores, so I made sure to do that. And posted the next chapter of Come Back Down to Wattpad, because I figured if I started skipping weeks, I’d keep doing that. And then, I pretty much just read for the rest of the day. Other than some editing on Guarding the Heart, and moving my notes for Toby & Denise’s story to Scrivener on my other computer(can’t get it on the Surface, so I’ve been using One Note, but for my new stories I’ll be using Scrivener again. The ones I have a lot done on I’ll finish in One Note).
- Write 13000 words(10000 on main project: Closing Time) – 11386/13000 words
- Closing Time – 8951 words – She reached out and squeezed his hand. “Ask him, Gio. Show him you want him to be a part of your life. All the parts of it. It’s the only way he’ll know. You have to trust him, or you’ll see betrayals every time you turn around, whether they’re actually there or not.”
- Break on Me – 1139 words – She looked back at him and saw his eyes were on her. “What are you thinking now?” he asked, his voice husky.”No-nothing,” she stammered out. “Not a thing.” There was no way she was telling him that.
- In the Moonlight – 1024 words – “Where’s all your stuff?” she asked.In the boxes still. But, I wasn’t going to tell her that. She’d probably think that meant I was leaving. I just…hadn’t been able to fill up those drawers yet. Aunt Adriane had always done it with me, while I filled her in how the rest of the year had been for me. It didn’t feel right without her here.
- Defending the Heart – 272 words – But, there was a slight shuffle to the steps. as if he’d just seen Piers, and he’d had to recover from the shock. Xavier’s feet always seemed to move faster than the rest of him. Except for when they were on a mission. It seemed to be the only time he had utter control over his body and mind.
Edit: Work in Worldbuilding details for Guarding the Heart– got this done. Only added a couple sentences here and there to make the settings clear(hopefully). Added 190 words.
- Plot: Toby & Denise – Outline – Not quite. Did the plot summaries, character & relationship arcs, and scene list. Just have to do the actual outline now
- Side Projects: Add 2500 words – not even one word done on these.
- Story a Day – write 5 stories – wrote 4/5 stories. Another thing I ended up not doing on Friday
Read: Writing Active Hooks– 100% – finished this. Listen: Hour of Need(Melinda Leigh) & Frost Like Night(Sara Raasch– this just came out & it jumped the list) – finished both of these. Really enjoyed Hour of Need and loved Frost Like Night. Started Wrong Question, Right Answer(Elle Casey) today.
Finish More Happy Than Not(Adam Silvera), Cut Both Ways(Carrie Mesrobian), Start Me Up(Victoria Dahl), An Ember in the Ashes(Sabaa Tahir), The Chief(Monica McCarty), Still the One(Jill Shalvis),Sudden Death(Allison Brennan), Right of First Refusal(Dahlia Adler), The Blade’s Memory(Lindsay Buroker), Saint and Scholar(Holley Trent), Chemical Reaction(A.M. Leibowitz), & Shallow Graves(Kali Wallace) – I finished More Happy Than Not(really enjoyed), Cut Both Ways(enjoyed but had some issues with it), Start Me Up(really enjoyed this one), An Ember in the Ashes(loved this one), The Chief(really, really enjoyed), Still the One(really enjoyed, but there were some holes in the back stories which threw me), and I’m about halfway through Sudden Death(liking it okay, but not really pull me in). Hoping to at least finish this one today.
I did at least make some progress. Even if it wasn’t as much as I would have liked. Since September is over now, I’ll evaluate how I did for the month:
- Toby & Denise(Gilbert, CO #6) – Outline – Almost finished outlining this.
- Jess & Terrall(Kurztown #5) – Outline(you may have seem me mention the idea I wrote scenes for in my head while on the motorcycle. That’s this one) – haven’t even started this one
- Write 30 stories for Story a Day – I wrote 24/30 stories. You can read all of them here
Shed Some Light – finish 1st draft– got this done. Added 9267 words this month.
- Closing Time –
add 17,000 wordsor finish 1st draft – added 26893 words but haven’t quite finished 1st draft. Getting close, but going to be longer than the novella I’d planned.
- Break on Me – add 9000 words – only 5237 words
- In the Moonlight – add 11000 words – only 5140 words
- Defending the Heart – add 11000 words – only 2883 words
- Dance with the Devil – add 3000 words – I only added around 2000 words(not sure of the total amount)
- Snow White Twist – add 4000 words – again I think I added about 2000 but not exactly sure of the total
Hard to gauge these since I’m not exactly sure where I started. So, I’m going with total words.
- Patrick & Sarah – add 500 words – up to 1469 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – add 500 words – up to 941 words
- Roman – add 500 words – up to 1844 words
Stained by Ashes – finish polishing & publish– Done! Woohoo! It’s up on Amazon now.
- Healing the Heart – Send to betas – It’s ready, but I’m still lining up betas. I have one, but would like a couple more. If anyone’s interested in reading, let me know.
- Guarding the Heart – Revise – Nope. Got a little done on this, but not close to being done.
Goin’ Down – Revise & submit– this is done
- Listen: 9 audiobooks – listened to 6/9 audiobooks. One of those(Empire of Storms) was 25 hours long.
- Read: 25 books – 19/25 books. Yeah, definitely fell behind on this one.
Read: Writing Active Hooks– Books 1 & 2(Mary Buckham) – finished both of these. Didn’t feel like I got a whole lot from them, though. Going to take a break from craft reading, seems like I’m just taking in the same information over and over.
Not bad overall, even if I didn’t finish as much as I would have liked. But, I’m going to look forward to next month instead of dwelling on that.
- Toby & Denise – finish outlining
- Jess & Terrall – outline
- Stained Blood – re-plot
- Closing Time – finish 1st draft
- Break on Me – add 30000 words
- In the Moonlight – add 4000 words
- Defending the Heart – add 4000 words
- Toby & Denise – add 4000 words
- Dance with the Devil – get to 22500 words
- Snow White Twist – finish 1st draft
- Patrick & Sarah – get to 2000 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – get to 1500 words
- Roman – get to 2500 words
- Dougal & Shae – 500 words
- Guarding the Heart – finish 1st revisions & read through
- Healing the Heart – beta edits if I end up getting them back before the end of the month(have to send it out first though)
- Listen: 7 audiobooks
- Read: 28 books
- Knit: Unleashed Hat
- Crochet: Fall Leaves
And for this week:
- Write: 14000 words
- Edit: Guarding the Heart – Timeline issues
- Plot: Toby & Denise – finish outline
- Brainstorm: Jess & Terrall
- Side Projects: Add 3000 words
- Listen: Wrong Question, Right Answer(Elle Casey) and Shadow of a Doubt(Tiffany Snow)
- Read: Finish Sudden Death(Allison Brennan), Right of First Refusal(Dahlia Adler), The Blade’s Memory(Lindsay Buroker), Saint and Scholar(Holley Trent), Chemical Reaction(A.M. Leibowitz), Shallow Graves(Kali Wallace), Rest Stop(Catie Rhodes), & Crooked Kingdom(Leigh Bardugo)
- Knit: Unleashed Hat
The next round of RoW80 starts tomorrow, so I’ll be putting my goals for the round up then.