Another busy weekend for us. Friday afternoon my mom picked the kids up and took them camping as we had two motorcycle rides we were going on. Friday night’s was fairly short, but Sunday’s was over 100 miles, plus the time to get to the start and back home after. In all, we did around 275 miles. It felt good to be out on the bike, even if I’m a little sore too. I also may have written several scenes in my head for a story that I don’t even have plotted yet. I thought there would be a few more in the Kurztown series before I got to this one. But, these two have informed me otherwise. So, I guess I’ll be plotting this one when I finish up Break on Me.
Today we had planned to go to a picnic held by the Moose Club. Now it’s raining. They’ve been forecasting rain all weekend, and we actually lucked out. We rode right into it Friday night, but it only lasted a few minutes. And there was some more while we were at the after party and then it started again right after we got home. Saturday again, it rained when we were at one of the stops, so we stayed dry and just had to wipe the seats of the bike off when we came out. It started again just as we got in the truck to go pick up the kids.
I’ve made fairly good progress this week.
Write 5000 wordsbetween 5 projects – 5149 words. I only worked on 4 of the projects, though.
- Protecting the Heart – 2043 words – “No,” Declan said. “I don’t know if they have another minute. I’m going in now.”
- Closing Time – 886 words – Gio knew he shouldn’t feel any sympathy for Cam. Not after what he’d just admitted.
- Break on Me – 648 words – His leg started to bounce, and Lora set her hand on it again. That took his thoughts well away from the meeting. And what they could be doing if they were alone together.
- In the Moonlight – 1572 words – Despite his good looks and charming smile. I could see the snake under it.Hopefully he’d slithered away for good, though.
Stained by Ashes – finish revising through Chapter 16– I have through Chapter 18 and part of Chapter 19 revised
- Healing the Heart – Start rewrites – I did make it through some of this. Added a total of 50 words.
- Guarding the Heart – layer in world building details – nothing on this one
Defending the Heart – finish Xavier’s back story,start Piers’ if I have time. I did finish Xavier’s back story, over 3000 words in total, and started Piers’. Only 262 words so far. Side Projects – add 2000 words– 4032 words
- Dance with the Devil – 1303 words – God, I did, too. Damn the fucking consequences.
- Snow White Twist – 1048 words – “She’s different.”“I believe that’s what I’ve been trying to say.” His eyes twinkled behind his glasses.
- Patrick & Sarah – 435 words – The woman’s nose wrinkled. “That’s enough, Will. Your brother is not mean. He is just teasing. It doesn’t give you cause to take off.” *yeah, it’s definitely more than that.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 254 words – The girl—woman, he corrected himself—took a step back from him. And he finally dropped the barrel of the rifle down at his side. “I’m sorry,” he said. “I didn’t mean to frighten ye, lass.”
- Roman – 714 words – A gentle touch? It didn’t seem to be what he had with Cristine. She’d told him to just go. That she didn’t need him there. He shuddered before he could stop it.
Read: Writing Vivid Characters – 50%– Up to 52%
- Listen: A Court of Mist and Fury(Sarah J Maas) & Wrong Place, Right Time(Elle Casey) – finished both of these. Absolutely loved A Court of Mist and Fury. Wrong Place, Right Time was okay, though I felt it really dragged through the middle. I’ve also listened through more than half of Targeted(Kendra Elliot). Enjoying it.
Savor the Danger(Lori Foster), Something Sparked(Mari Carr), My Kind of Wonderful(Jill Shalvis), Bay of Sighs(Nora Roberts), The Old Creek Bridge(Sarah Kettles),& Virtually Yours(various) – Finished Savor the Danger(enjoyed – though another that felt nothing happened in the middle), Something Sparked(liked), My Kind of Wonderful(really enjoyed), Bay of Sighs(enjoyed, but felt the first half suffered from middle book syndrome, the second half did suck me in, though). I started The Old Creek Bridge but it wasn’t doing it for me. I’ve read most of the first story in Virtually Yours(Wish I Might by Kait Nolan). Really enjoying it.
Like I said, pretty good progress for the week. Now, for next week’s goals:
- Write 5000 words between 5 projects
- Stained by Ashes – finish revising Chapter 19 and any more I get back this week.
- Healing the Heart – finish rewrites
- Guarding the Heart – layer in world building details
- Defending the Heart – finish Piers’ back story, start Spenser’s
- Side Projects – add 2500 words
- Read: Writing Vivid Characters – 75%
- Listen: Targeted(Kendra Elliot) & In His Shadow(Tiffany Snow)
- Read: Finish Virtually Yours, Try with Me(Elyssa Patrick), Changing His Game(Megan Erickson), Patterns in the Dark(Lindsay Buroker), The Walls Around Us(Nova Ren Suma), Once in a Lifetime(Jill Shalvis), & the Broken Hearts’ Society of Suite 17C(LeighAnn Kopans)