It’s been another of those chaotic weekends. We went grocery shopping Friday night, since there wasn’t going to be another time we could really do it. Saturday morning we had to take the motorcycle in to get it inspected. We got home for about ten minutes and had to go down the driveway to husband’s uncle’s for a family reunion. We were there for a few hours and had to leave to go up for the funeral of a member of the motorcycle club we belong to. He was the victim of a hit and run earlier in the week. We didn’t get home until after 10, and I still had to bake zucchini bread and cupcakes for the girl’s birthday party today. I didn’t get to bed until after midnight. Up at 6:30 this morning, drank coffee and got some writing done(conversation popped into my head between characters while we were on the bike last night and I wanted to get it down), frosted cupcakes, finished cleaning and decorating(mostly blowing up balloons and putting up a gift table) and put food out. Finished up just as first people showed up. Now, I’m just glad it’s all over. The rest of this month’s weekends are just about as busy. Looking forward to September.
I had a pretty good week, at least as far as my goals go.
Write: 5000 words– 5051/5000 words. All but 1 I wrote over 1k on.
- Protecting the Heart – 726 words – She wasn’t a damsel in distress, but she didn’t think there was a way to get herself and Dani out of here without some help.
- Closing Time – 1049 words – “Maybe you should wear one of these to work. No, wait,” Gio said, a laugh in his voice, “that would distract me too much. Never mind. Better leave them at home.”
- Shed Some Light – 1019 words – Something hard slammed into his chest. “No. No, you’re wrong. He isn’t. He can’t be.”
- Break on Me – 1245 words – Her lips curled up. “Are we in elementary school? Do I have to circle yes or no and give the note to Erik to hand back to you?”
- In the Moonlight – 1012 words – I wet my lips and started to lean forward. I didn’t want her mask. I wanted to see the girl under it. Maybe this was the only way to make it happen.
Stained by Ashes – compile beta notes through Chapter 16(more if I get them back)– I did get through this, but only made it through Chapter 11 for revisions. I do hope to have through Chapter 16 done by Wednesday’s check-in, though.
- Healing the Heart(if I hear back from my CP) -As I mentioned Wednesday, I highlighted areas that need cut/rewritten. May actually get to that this week, depending on what/when I get back on Stained by Ashes.
- Guarding the Heart – layer in World Building details – didn’t get to this at all, but it’s lower priority right now.
- Defending the Heart –
Finish brainstorming, write Xavier’s back story – finished brainstorming and started Xavier’s back story. 5.5 pages so far and don’t even have him out of high school/into the Marines yet. So, this will be a long one. Dance with the Devil – add 820 words– 1452 words/820 – this is the conversation I referenced above. – Something in Hawk’s face softened. “You can’t fight every hateful person in this world, Damon. You’d be exhausted even trying. Sometimes you have to let things go.” Snow White Twist – add 990 words– 1033/990 words – “You don’t need to worry about the brothers. There’s not a black heart among them. Well,” she said, letting out a short laugh. There’s Grumpy, but he’s really not so bad.” *his name isn’t actually Grumpy, which she tells Eira right after that, but I do have to come up with some names. Come Back Down – finish polishing– got this done & worked up a cover for it. I’ll start posting it to wattpad on Friday. Read: Writing Vivid Characters– 25% – Made it this far. Listen: Fatal Affair(Marie Force) & The Night Circus(Erin Morgenstern)– Finished Fatal Affair(enjoyed but had a few issues), couldn’t get into The Night Circus, but started A Court of Mist and Fury(Sarah J Maas) and LOVING IT. I only have about 4.5 hours left(out of over 23) Read: You’re It(Leigh Ann Kopans), Never Never(Brianna Shrum), Dangerous and Unseemly(K.B. Owen), Beyond What is Given(Rebecca Yarros), One Last Song(S.K. Falls), & Eight Naughty Nights(Eliza Madison)– I finished all of these, except One Last Song. I started it, but just…didn’t care. I’m not even sure what it was. I really enjoyed You’re it, Dangerous and Unseemly, & Eight Naughty Nights. Never Never was okay. And I LOVED Beyond What is Given. I also started Savor the Danger(Lori Foster) yesterday. Not too far in yet.
Overall, not a bad week. I also started 3 more side projects. I’ll be playing with them once I finish everything else for the day. Goals for next week:
- Write 5000 words between 5 projects
- Stained by Ashes – finish revising through Chapter 16
- Healing the Heart – Start rewrites
- Guarding the Heart – layer in world building details
- Defending the Heart – finish Xavier’s back story, start Piers’ if I have time.
- Side Projects – add 2000 words
- Read: Writing Vivid Characters – 50%
- Listen: A Court of Mist and Fury(Sarah J Maas) & Wrong Place, Right Time(Elle Casey)
- Read: Savor the Danger(Lori Foster), Something Sparked(Mari Carr), My Kind of Wonderful(Jill Shalvis), Bay of Sighs(Nora Roberts), The Old Creek Bridge(Sarah Kettles), & Virtually Yours(various)