I mentioned on Wednesday that I was adjusting how I was getting stuff done. Writing 3000 words a day between my projects, starting with one goal and adjusting for each story as I went. Well, that was working pretty well, but tomorrow starts a new month. For me, it will be a month of editing. So, I’ll be transferring that new goal to 3 hours of editing a day. Some of this editing will depend on people getting things back to me(from my CP and a beta reader), so I’ll work on things as I can. And I have another project that needs first revisions for while I’m waiting for stuff. I’ll still be working some on my other projects too. I figure I’ll give those an hour a day, first thing in the morning(when drafting usually comes better for me anyway), working on a different on each day.
But, before I get too much into next month’s plan, here’s how this week has gone:
Write 14045 words between 5 projects– 14832 words.
- Protecting the Heart – 4116 words(getting *really* close to the end of this one) – “I’m sure you don’t want to storm the front door. To minimize bloodshed-““I’m not worried about that,” Declan said, baring his teeth. “I want to shed his blood.”
- Closing Time – 2632 words -“Your father terrified me plenty when we first met, too.”
He shook his head. “I can’t believe that. You two are still so in love.”
She pulled back and smiled at him. “That we are. Because he’s a tenacious bastard.”
- Shed Some Light – 3620 words – He smiled at her, though it looked a little wistful. “Then, maybe it’s time you two held on to each other.”
- Break on Me – 2629 words – Yes, he probably would. She just hoped everything wouldn’t be awkward when she did. He’d said Gabe was a good guy, but something told her he didn’t believe the same about himself. Even though she could see it was the truth.
- In the Moonlight – 1835 words – I laughed even as tears stung my eyes. That sounded so much like Aunt Adriane. And God, it made me miss her even more.
- Stained by Ashes – Compile Beta Notes as I receive them back – I got 4 chapters back yesterday but haven’t started compiling them yet.
Dance with the Devil – 910 words– 2915 words(a good chunk was from pieces I wrote during May for Story a Day) – “I don’t care,” he said, his mouth hovering close, so close, to mine. I could feel his breath on my lips as he spoke. “It feels like everything that’s ever taken me away from you was a mistake. This can’t be a worse one than those.” Snow White Twist – 990 words – 1035 words– Eira’s face fell slightly, and Tarian wished she’d responded differently. “I thought you were going to stop calling me that.”
- Come Back Down: Search & Destroy – 38/50 words searched through
Read: Romancing the Beat – Finish– Finished this. Going to apply this to my next WiP I plot Listen: Dead Weight(TR Ragan) & Nothing Like Love(Abigal Strom)– finished both of these and almost halfway through Fatal Affair(Marie Force) Read: Strong Signal(Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell), Anything More than Now(Rebecca Paula), Better When It Hurts(Skye Warren), Fight For Me(Sharon Page), The Girl at Midnight(Melissa Grey), Down & Dirty(Liliana Hart), & Saddles & Sin(Jessie Evans)– I absolutely loved Strong Signal, enjoyed Anything More Than Now, liked Better When It Hurts and Fight for Me. Loved The Girl at Midnight & Down and Dirty, enjoyed Saddles and Sin. And I just finished Against the Night(Kat Martin) which I really enjoyed.
Well, almost all of it was blue this week.
As for how I’ve done for the month:
- Protecting the Heart – finish 1st draft(or get damn close) – I have about 4 more scenes plotted out. So, getting very close.
- Closing Time – finish 1st draft – Only about halfway there
- Shed Some Light – write 17000 words – 16840/17000 words
Break on Me – add 9000 words– 11096/9000 words In the Moonlight – add 8500 words– 9586/8500 words Dance with the Devil – get to 7500 words– got to 12061/7500 words Snow White Twist – get to 5000 words– got to 6667/5000 words
- Stained by Ashes – compile beta notes as they come in – I have through chapter 12 compiled. Have 4 more waiting for me.
- Come Back Down – read through & revise – almost finished with this
- Midas’ Daughter – Read through once Come Back Down is finished – didn’t get to this one yet, moving to next month’s goals
Listen: 7 audiobooks in Audible library(1 from my credit, 1 was 1.99 add-on to free ebook, 2 were on sale, & 3 were read & listen from Kindle Unlimited)– 7/7 listened to Read: 28 books – 29/28 books Read: Romancing the Beat(Gwen Hayes)
Goals for next month:
- Defending the Heart – Finish Outline
- Protecting the Heart – 5000 words or finish 1st draft
- Closing Time – 5000 words
- Shed Some Light – 5000 words
- Break on Me – 5000 words
- In the Moonlight – 5000 words
- Dance with the Devil – get to 15000 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 10000 words
- Stained by Ashes: Compile beta notes, start revisions
- Healing the Heart: finish CP revisions
- Guarding the Heart: Finish 1st revisions
- Come Back Down – Finish polishing
- Midas’ Daughter – Read Through & Revise
- Listen: 8 audiobooks(already in my audible library)
- Read: 25 books
- Read: Writing Vivid Characters(Rayne Hall)
And for this week:
- Write: 5000 words
- Stained by Ashes – compile beta notes through Chapter 16(more if I get them back)
- Healing the Heart(if I hear back from my CP)
- Guarding the Heart – layer in World Building details
- Defending the Heart – Finish brainstorming, write Xavier’s back story
- Dance with the Devil – add 820 words
- Snow White Twist – add 990 words
- Come Back Down – finish polishing
- Read: Writing Vivid Characters – 25%
- Listen: Fatal Affair(Marie Force) & The Night Circus(Erin Morgenstern)
- Read: You’re It(Leigh Ann Kopans), Never Never(Brianna Shrum), Dangerous and Unseemly(K.B. Owen), Beyond What is Given(Rebecca Yarros), One Last Song(S.K. Falls), & Eight Naughty Nights(Eliza Madison)