This could probably be my post title for the rest of the summer(don’t worry, I’m sure it won’t be). Friday when my husband got home from work, we went and got dinner then groceries. Saturday, we met my mother-in-law early for breakfast and left the kids with her. Then, we came home, got on the motorcycle and went up to Erie for the First Responders Appreciation Parade. It was a controlled ride around Presque Isle, led by a fire truck. $10 per rider(first responders got to ride for free though) and free food and drink when you got back. It’s part of the BikeFest(hosted by Harley Davidson of Erie), which is running right alongside the Roar on the Shore. It’s the cheapest ride we’ve been on, and the proceeds go toward a monument honoring first responders.
going to church(haven’t been in over a month)(back now) and then we have another graduation party to go to this afternoon. At this rate, I may be instituting Mellow Monday(thanks Shan for that title) and not doing much besides reading tomorrow so I can reset.
Even though I had a slow start last Monday, I managed to make good progress during the week. I got over 19000 words between all my projects. And was even finished early enough on Friday I was able to read for a good bit of the day. Even started on Saturday’s goals(in fact, I got through almost all of them before Saturday).
Write 14500 words between 5 projects– 16975/14500 words. My method of working on a project for 1 hour a day(30 minutes each for side projects) seems to be working. And once I pass my goal for the week, I take it off the list(unless I’m really inspired to write more for that one). And I work on them in a random order each day, so I don’t fall into a rut there either.
- Protecting the Heart – 3372 words – His eyes flashed hot. “Then, I’ll kill him.” *Being evil and not giving any context to this one
- Closing Time – 3482 words -Cam took a step closer to the desk. “Look, I’m sorry,” he said. “I was…I know I was wrong. I was hurting, I was scared, and I let that make me run my mouth. It was wrong, and I’m so sorry for it. But, it was Nolan I hurt, and he’s forgiven me. So, why can’t you? Why can’t you even look at me?” *Honestly, I feel a bit sorry for both these guys.
- Shed Some Light – 4155 words – “No. It’s not that. It’s…it’s Brent, Carlos. You really need to get down there.” *Oh, poor Carlos. I’m about to destroy him a bit.
- Break on Me – 3444 words – “He’s fine,” his dad said, his voice rough now. “And he knows we’ll help him however he needs.””And he’s standing right here,” Gabriel said. As hot as he thought it was that she’d pick up the battle ax for him, he didn’t need to be talked about like he wasn’t even there.
- In the Moonlight – 2502 words – “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said, turning back to the picture frame I’d been dusting for at least five minutes. “I’m cleaning.”
“Sure. that’s a handy excuse to keep you at the wall bordering where Yasmin is speaking to our surprise guest.” **hehe. You’ve been busted, Nola.
Stained by Ashes – compile beta notes for chapters 9 &10(more if I get them back during the week)– finished both of these and Chapter 11. Have Chapter 12 waiting for me to get to this week. Dance with the Devil – write 935 words– 1303 words – “Yes,” Jumper said. “Tonight, Devil. For one thing, Medusa will want to look you over, make sure you’re not damaged.” By the slight twitch of his lips, I imagined there was more he left off of that, like more in the head than we thought. Snow White Twist – write 995 words– 1029 words – “I just might be safer with them. I still do not know why you are doing this. You shot an arrow at your own brother after all.” Come Back Down – continue read through(currently through ch 6)– finished reading through all of this story RoW80 Sponsor Post – Submit– got this done Read: Romancing the Beat – get to 55%– got past this point Listen: Fool for Love(Marie Force)– finished this(liked it, going to give next book a chance. Finished The End of Feeling(and enjoyed it for most part.
Finish Cress, The Girl From Everywhere(Heidi Heilig), Hearts of Evil(Lauralynn Elliot), Inked(Eric Smith), Love Tussles and Takedowns(Violet Duke), His Trouble in Tallulah(Cathryn Fox), Taking Chances(S.J. Maylee),& Tough Love(Lori Foster) – Enjoyed Ink. Liked Love Tussles and Takedowns, though I had a bit of an issue with the ending(felt a little too “miracle cure” for me. Had similar issue with His Trouble in Tallulah(though it was more the “I probably can’t get pregnant” “oops, I forgot a condom” “Hey, I’m pregnant”). Taking chances was okay, but didn’t really feel connected to the characters. I’m only on page 50 of Tough Love. I’m hoping to get through at least most of it today.
Almost everything is blue! Love when that happens. Now, for next week:
- Write 14165 words between 5 projects
- Stained by Ashes – Compile Beta notes from Chapter 12(and any more I get back during the week)
- Dance with the Devil – 920 words
- Snow White Twist – 995 words
- Come Back Down – Revisions
- Read: Romancing the Beat – 80%
- Listen: George(Alex Gino) & Wrong Number, Right Guy(Elle Casey)
- Read: Finish Tough Love(Lori Foster), Officer Off Limits(Tessa Bailey), Always on My Mind(Jill Shalvis), Thorn Fall(Lindsay Buroker), Into Elurien(Kate Sparkes), Caged in Bone(S.M. Reine), The Everlasting Circle(Juliana Haygert), & Wish Come True(various)