I had a pretty good last week of June. Wrote over 16,000 words. Wednesday was a low day. Only worked on two different stories, didn’t even hit 3k for the day. Other than that, it was a pretty steady week.
Had a pretty good first day of July. Wrote over 4600 words, though I didn’t quite meet my goal for one story. Still made progress.
Yesterday, we went out early and actually made it to Ihop before the crowd(It just opened the end of May, and I think I’ve mentioned our trials of trying to get in). No wait, and I got strawberry and banana pancakes. MMMMM Yum.
Then we went to a hog bash with some people who work with my husband. Then, we headed to his aunt’s for a picnic and to watch fireworks. The kids had gone earlier with his mom. So, the girl got to swim. As usual, the problem was getting her out of the pool.
we’re going (we’re back now)to Kinzua dam with some friends. I actually wrote most of this yesterday so it was done. I actually don’t think we have any plans for the fourth. Stopped at Perkins for breakfast. Got a Belgian waffle with strawberries. Yum again(also, do you notice a trend?) We went and saw the old train bridge(a tornado in 2003 knocked down half of it and they made what remained into a ‘skywalk’. Then, we took the trail to the bottom. Keep in mind, it’s about 300 ft from the base to the skywalk. Yeah, there were some steep hills. My knees weren’t too happy about that. Then, we headed to the beach to eat lunch and the kids went in the water for a bit. Then, we went over to the actual dam. They have most of it closed off(unlike the one closer to where I grew up that you can walk across), but you could see where the water comes through to the other side. I took a lot of pictures, so I’ll share some of them later. Write 19,350 words between 5 projects– 19867 words
- Protecting the Heart – 7917 words – He didn’t even know how long they crouched there. He just knew that every cry ripped out another piece of him.
- Closing Time – 3156 words – And he begged a god he wasn’t sure he believed in anymore that Nolan wouldn’t come up here to order their drinks.
- Shed Some Light – 4416 words -“I didn’t kill him. I didn’t leave the restaurant until late, and I went straight home.””I believe you, Carlos. So, tell me exactly what you do know so we can find the one who did.”
- Break on Me – 2212 words -“Not once I figured it out. Give me some credit here.””Why should I start now?” *oh, brothers 🙂
- In the Moonlight – 2166 words -“Oh, knock it off,” Yasmin said, taking a step into my room. “I thought we were bonding over our dislike of your older sister. Then, you go back to that formal crap. I don’t care if you hate me too, but at least call me Yasmin.”
Finish Outlining Cam & Gio’s story– did this and titled it Closing Time. Not sure if this will stick but works for now.
- Dance with the Devil – get to 5900 words – only got to 5878 words. –Yeah, it was never a good thing to be alone with Hawk. That was when bad things, that made me feel really good, happened between us.
- Snow White Twist – get to 3400 words – got to 3009 words. –It was nothing, she told herself. Just a bit of fancy thought. There was no shadow inside him, no shadow that followed or swept through her.
Read: Description – 100%; decide on July’s research/craft book– finished ‘Description’, chose Romancing the Beat(Gwen Hayes) for July.
A Most Scandalous Proposal, The Admiral’s Bride, Identity:Unknown, Good Girls Don’t(Victoria Dahl), The Marquess Who Loved Me(Sara Ramsey), Hard to Hold On To(Laura Kaye), A Fashionable Indulgence(K.J. Charles), & Star Nomad(Lindsay Buroker) – Read through A Fashionable Indulgence. Mentioned my irritation with the brothers in Good Girls Don’t on Wednesday. Got better and main character stood up to them at least. Had some issue with the “hero” in The Marquess Who Loved Me. Sex for revenge is a trope that tends to bother me. Still, looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Really enjoyed Hard to Hold On To & A Fashionable Indulgence. I’m about 30% through Star Nomad(as of Saturday afternoon), and I just love Lindsay’s writing. Today I’ve read more than half of Against the Sky(Kat Martin). Enjoying it and hoping to finish later today.
Now for my goals for the next round:
- Defending the Heart(BC Security #3)
- Still Burning(Hunter Family #4)
- Toby & Denise(Gilbert, CO #6)
- Protecting the Heart – finish 1st draft
- Closing Time – finish 1st draft
- Shed Some Light – finish 1st draft
- Break on Me – get to 51000 words
- In the Moonlight – get to 47000 words
- Brann’s Story(comes right after Closing Time) – 1st draft
- Defending the Heart – 5000 words
- Still Burning – 5000 words
- Stained by Ashes – apply beta edits once I get them all back
- Healing the Heart – Final CP edits
- Guarding the Heart – 1st revisions
- Listen: 10 audiobooks
- Read: 77 books
- Read: 3 craft/research books
And for this first week:
- Write 24850 words between 5 projects
- Dance with the Devil – get to 6500 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 3500 words
- RoW80 Sponsor Post – Draft, Revise, & submit
- Read: Romancing the Beat – 30%
- Read: Finish Against the Sky, Serendipity(Carly Phillips), Close Enough to Touch(Victoria Dahl), PS I Still Love You(Jenny Han), Cress(Marissa Meyer), The Girl From Everywhere(Heidi Heilig), and Hearts of Evil(Lauralynn Elliot)