The first half of this week was pretty great, and the second half, well…I’d say it was even better. Although I never hit the 6k again that I got Monday & Tuesday. I managed just over 4600 words on Wednesday after getting a later start. Thursday morning, my MIL called to see if we wanted to go to the park with her since she was off this past week. Of course, as soon as she got here, it started pouring down rain. It finally let up, so we went to this park up in Erie. I took my Surface with me and wrote in the car and at the park while the kids played. And got through most of my side projects. Then, we went to a huge book sale. I found 4 books for $1. After lunch, we came home, and I finished my writing goals for the week.
Friday, I was just going to write in the morning until the kids got up. But, I was so close to finishing Paint Me a Picture, so I kept writing. I had the first draft finished by lunchtime. I planned to read the rest of the day. Then, I started brainstorming a companion novella to my Flames series. It’s something that’s been simmering since I finished Flames of Restoration, so over a year now. One of the main characters was an antagonist in that one, but it’s time for him to have a second chance. I got through one of the characters’ back stories yesterday. I wrote a little piece that will either be just before the story or right at the beginning.
Yesterday, my step MIL picked the kids up and took them, along with their cousins, to see Finding Dory. Husband and I went out on the motorcycle while they were gone. And we got a little lost in New York state. Not very, just took a wrong road and ended up going the long way around. But, it was still a really nice ride. Then, we had some friends over and made mountain pies and smores over the fire.
Write 18000 words between 6 projects(3k on each)– Uh, yeah. 23371/18000. I’d say this one was met.
- Protecting the Heart – 3468 words – Declan closed his eyes and rubbed his thumb along the bridge of his nose. This was like dealing with a couple of toddlers. Except these two were all grown up and should know better.
- Ready When You Are – 3015 words – Oliver followed Kelan back to the bedroom, scooping up his clothes as he went. And when they were in bed, he did as Kelan had asked. He just held him.
- Cam & Gio(Flames novella) – Brainstorming & Gio’s back story done
- Paint Me a Picture – 7177 words -She brushed her lips over his. “Which is just one reason I know I love you. You don’t make me feel weak but strong. You’ll stand beside me, or even in front of me, but you always respect what I need.”
- Shed Some Light – 3047 words – Damon spit again. Carlos really wished he’d stop doing that. It was disgusting. And that one had nearly landed on his shoe. “Brent never would have hurt [xx]. He was in love.” Damon put a special emphasis on the last two words, almost as good as a sneer.
- Break on Me – 3286 words -“You didn’t mention how cute Aaron’s sister was. Not once in nearly ten years.””Shut up, Chris,” Gabriel hissed before realizing just how wide Chris’ grin was and just what he was doing. “You’re an ass,” he muttered.
“You don’t want me asking about your love life, don’t ask about mine.” *Oh, brothers. 🙂
- In the Moonlight – 3378 words – My anger felt like rapids, pushing me toward the edge of a waterfall. Would he never get it? “I don’t need anyone to help me make this decision,” I lied. I did need help, just not the kind he wanted to offer. I would never accept that from him. “Just let me do this, Dad.” I hung up before he could argue that he was just trying to do what was best for me. He only ever did anything that benefitted him. I just wasn’t quite sure how this would.
Dance with the Devil – get to 3500 words– 3850 words. They were really rolling. – My fists wanted to clench at my sides. I’d hurt Hawk? How about the way he hurt me? The fact he thought he could keep things from me. The fact he didn’t trust me enough to tell me the truth. That he still thought he had to protect me. Goin’ Down – get to 2500 words– only got to 2474 words, but I finished the first draft, so still counting this as a win. Snow White Twist – get to 2000 words– got to 2046 words – Some sort of shadow seemed to pass over his eyes at that. Then, it was gone, and he was smiling at her again. She shivered a little, as if that shadow had gone through her as well. Read: Description – get to 65% –got through this.
Diplomats and Fugitives(Lindsay Buroker), It Came Upon a Midnight Clear(Suzanne Brockman), Holding Strong(Lori Foster),How We Began(various), Ruled by Steel(S.M. Reine), Beautiful Demons(Sarra Cannon), & When a Scot Ties the Knot(Tessa Dare) – finished It Came Upon a Midnight Clear(then found out it’s being re-released as Hawken’s Heart). It did get better in the second half. Also finished Holding Strong, which I did really enjoy. I’ve read the first two stories and some of the third in How We Began(there are 6 stories in all). I’m hoping to at least finish that this weekend. Going to move the rest of the books to next week.
The only red is the books I didn’t get to yet. So, that’s really not too bad. Especially with as much writing as I did this week.
- Write 18000 words(raised my word count per project, but there’s 1 less project)
- Finish back stories for Cam & Gio
- Dance with the Devil – get to 4500 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 2500 words
- Read: Description – get to 85%
- Read: Finish How We Began, Ruled by Steel(S.M. Reine), Beautiful Demons(Sarra Cannon), When a Scot Ties the Knot(Tessa Dare), Divide(Jessa Russo), A Most Scandalous Proposal(Ashlyn Macnamara), The Admiral’s Bride(Suzanne Brockman) & Identity: Unknown(Suzanne Brockman) – that will finish what I have of this series