Summer has officially started here. Okay, not according to the calendar. But, Thursday was the kids’ last day of school. And the kids went swimming for the first time this year yesterday. We had my niece’s 9th birthday party(uhh, that means my daughter’s going to be 9 in two more months. That can’t be right). And they were told the pool was not very warm…in fact, freezing. My sister’s all “they won’t stay in more than ten minutes.” Does she not know my kids? Half an hour later we still had to practically drag them out of the water. Then, we had a fire out in our back yard(the purposely set in a fire ring kind) and invited a couple friends over. Even though it was sprinkling most of the time. It was fun.
Today we almost slept in. It was close to 6 before I woke up, and the kids didn’t get up until almost 6:30. Yeah, that is sleeping in for us. Then, we went to church and decided to take MIL out for breakfast for her birthday. We were going to go to the new IHOP(just opened the end of May). The wait for a table was going to be about an hour. Decided that wasn’t going to happen. Went to Bob Evans instead. Then, we went looking at new chainsaws, but husband couldn’t find the kind he wants. Then, he went into the tool store to replace a tool he broke yesterday trying to help fix a friend’s vehicle. So, the girl & I went to the used bookstore next door. They used to be closed on Sundays, so I hadn’t planned on going or I would have taken in my box of books to exchange. Still, it only cost $16 for 9 books(I got5, the kids got 4). I got the next 3 I needed in Jill Shalvis’ Lucky Harbor series, the second in Shannon Stacey’s Boston Fire series, and the next in Sherryl Woods’ Chesapeake Shores series. Now, we’re finally back home and I can actually get to my update for the week.
- Write/edit 20 hours for the week – 18 hours, 35 minutes. Wrote 13701 words. I’ll be adjusting this for this week, switching back to a word count goal. I’m going to plan to write 2500 words on each project. This will get me 15000 words for the week. And once I reach that, I’ll switch to working on my side projects. This should give me more time for those and reading.
- In the Moonlight – 1507 words – Favorite(& last) line: I watched her walk away and highly doubted that would happen. But, I might get some good dreams out of it. And I’d still call that a win.
- Break on Me – 1944 words – But, she reached across the table and laid her hand over his. As if she knew the thoughts were bouncing around in his head, and that touch was the one thing that seemed to slow them down. How could she know that, though, when he’d never told anyone else? Still, there was something there between them. He couldn’t deny it, even if he’d never act on it. He owed his old friend that much at least.
- Shed Some Light(formerly known as: Carlos & Tereza) – 3182 words – All he could see was his little brother behind bars for the rest of his life. He wasn’t sure he could handle knowing he’d lost virtually all of his family. And all of them due to his own stupid mistakes.
- Protecting the Heart – 2578 words – Eva covered her mouth again as she heard the frustration leak through. She couldn’t help it. She’d never seen Declan like this before. It was…cute.
- Ready When You Are – 4490 words – Everything outside might be going wrong, but this right here felt just right. He’d try not to let go of it again.
- Stained by Ashes – moved notes for Chapter 3 into the master file.
I don’t know if I’ll continue including a line from each project. Let me know if you like reading them or not.
Dance with the Devil – get to 2500 words– wrote 326 words. A total of 2537 words. And because it made me chuckle when I wrote it & every time I read it:
“Do you try real hard to be offensive, Devil? Or does it just come natural as an asshole?”
- Goin Down – get to 2000 words – added 182 words. Got to 1888 words. Not quite to my goal.
- Snow White Twist – get to 1750 words – no progress
Read: Storyworld First – 100%. Choose next craft/research book. Read 15% of it– Finished Storyworld First. Chose Description(Elements of Fiction Writing). Got through the first 15%
: Finish Sworn(Kate Sparkes) & Faking Perfect(Rebecca Phillips). Decide on June’s books: Stars of Fortune(Nora Roberts), Fast, Fresh, & Hot(Eliza Madison),Brokedown Cowboy(Maisey Yates), Night Terror(Stacy Green),& The Countess Conspiracy(Courtney Milan) – finished Sworn(loved it!! Even when it shattered my heart) & Faking Perfect(enjoyed it). Loved Stars of Fortune, though a lot of it felt like getting things set up. The next book comes out in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully it doesn’t take me over five months to get to it(I only had this one since just before Christmas). Read Fast, Fresh, & Hot Friday. It was a quick read and I really liked it. I’ve read most of Breakdown Cowboy, should finish it today. I read Night Terror while we were out and about today, even though I hadn’t finished Brokedown Cowboy yet, because I could read it on my phone(whereas BdC is in paperback). It was another quick one that I enjoyed. I’m hoping to start The Countess Conspiracy but probably won’t finish it today. Story a Day – Finish last 2 stories– Finished these!! Got 31 stories written in 31 days. You can find all of them here.
A lot of blue(woo hoo!), some green(okay), and just a couple red(boo!). Now, for my adjustments for next week.
- Write 15000 words between 6 projects
- Dance with the Devil – get to 3000 words
- Goin’ Down – get to 2000 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 1500 words
- Read: Description – get to 40%
- Read: Finish Brokedown Cowboy(Maisey Yates), The Countess Conspiracy(Courtney Milan), A Court of Thorns and Roses(Sarah J Maas), One Week Girlfriend(Monica Murphy), Things I Can’t Forget(Miranda Kenneally), Harvard’s Education(Suzanne Brockman)