Well, at least the last couple days have felt like summer. In the 80s(out thermometer even read at least 90 yesterday). And it’s only the end of May. If it gets much hotter, not sure how I’ll handle it(and yes, those of you to the south of me, I’m a wimp when it comes to the heat). Kids had Friday off from school, and they started off at each others’ throats. So, it’s going to be fun when summer vacation officially starts Thursday afternoon.
I made some good writing progress during the week, though. Also decided on a new way to work through my WiPs. I have them all entered in mywriteclub.com and keep track of my overall progress on them there. So, it gives a percentage of how close I am to my goal. So, each week, I’m taking the ones that I’m the farthest from that goal on. Which will always leave one out(at least for now). But, the two that are farthest along are actually pretty close. So, I figure I’ll be working on one the first week and probably the other the next. I’ll reevaluate which ones I’m working on each week. We’ll see how this plan goes for now. I’ll be counting all of these toward my JuNoWriMo goal, though.
- Write/edit for 20 hours – 18 hours, 50 minutes. Only a little more than an hour off from my goal. Not too bad. And I wrote 11382 words during that time and notes on the different settings for Guarding the Heart
- Ready When You Are – 2307 words
- Paint Me a Picture – 1209 words
- Carlos & Tereza – 2020 words(+1787 words on Story a Day piece)
- Break on Me – 2970 words
- In the Moonlight – 2876 words
- Stained by Ashes – compiled notes for Chapter 2 into master document
- Guarding the Heart – As I said, I wrote notes for the various settings, but didn’t go through to make sure descriptions are all clear.
Dance with the Devil – get to 2000 words – got to 2213 words, plus I have two Story a Day pieces that will fit into this(probably close to another 2k).
- Goin’ Down – get to 1750 words – got to 1705 words. Not quite my goal but some progress
- Snow White Twist – get to 1500 words – 1412 words. Again, not quite to goal. Though I have an idea where it’s going.
Read: Storyworld First – get to 90%– made it this far. Shouldn’t have a problem finishing by the end of the month.
Finish Priya in Heels(Ayesha Patel), Wild Man(Kristen Ashley), Forged in Stone(Alyssa Rose Ivy), Prophecy(Julie Anne Lindsey),& Sworn(Kate Sparkes) – I finished Forged in Stone(was okay, but never felt all that drawn in), Prophecy(enjoyed this one), and about halfway through Sworn(and really enjoying it so far). Loom: 2 Way Headband– finished this! Woohoo! I’m going to take the next couple month off from crafting. Too hot to work with yarn right now. Story a Day: Finish 7 Stories– finished these(just barely! Posted today’s in the middle of writing this). Only 2 more to go. As long as I finish those, this will be the first time I’ve written all 31 stories in May.
- No Matter What – this comes about the middle(maybe a little farther) in Ready When You Are. Kelan knows he needs to take steps to protect those he cares about.
- But Everything – Rylan tells Kirsten just what he wants out of their relationship.
- Believe in You – Some of Carlos’ back story…when he realizes there are some people who believe in him and are willing to give him a second(and sometimes third) chance
- Talk to You – Gabriel has a talk with his father, which goes better than he expected.
- Immensity of It – Yasmin tours the grounds of the house she inherited and is a little overwhelmed
- Pressed – Hawk and Devil arguing when Hawk wants more than Devil thinks he can give
- Only Hawk – Continuation of ‘Pressed’. Something finally breaks between Devil and Hawk
Lots of green and blue there! My favorite colors!!(Really, they are, even aside from this). Now, goals for next week(well, through Tuesday for most of them. Aside from the writing, don’t have next month’s goals figured yet).
- Write/edit 20 hours for the week
- Dance with the Devil – get to 2500 words
- Goin Down – get to 2000 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 1750 words
- Read: Storyworld First – 100%. Choose next craft/research book. Read 15% of it
- Read: Finish Sworn(Kate Sparkes) & Faking Perfect(Rebecca Phillips). Decide on June’s books(will change this goal then)
- Story a Day – Finish last 2 stories
I’ll have my June goals(and wrap-up for May) up on here Wednesday