It was pretty cool over the weekend and rainy. The last couple days, it’s been downright warm. Hopefully the weather balances out. The extremes are a bit too much for me.
I saw a thing on Pinterest one day about how to write 5000 words in one day. I used to be able to do this. Lately, not so much. But, their schedule started at like 8 a.m. I usually start my writing day between 4-5 a.m. So, I printed out a weekly schedule and used the same basic idea to work out the best way it would work for me. Only on the first day of this. And I’ll probably only get about 4000 words. But, it’s still more than what I have been writing.
Anyway, today is Wednesday, which means time for another WiPPet snippet. Today I’m sharing from Carlos & Tereza’s story once again. I have the last 7 paragraphs(2+5) that I wrote last week. This week’s words are typed in the mywriteclub.com word sprints(which autosaves to dropbox), and I haven’t copied them into the document yet. Anyway, Tereza is talking to Carlos’ brother here, and he is being less than cooperative even though she’s trying to help him.
Tereza scowled at her client. What did he think? That she could pull off miracles? “But, I need your help for that. When all the evidence points to you as the one responsible, I need to find something to throw doubt on that. And I can’t do it all on my own.”
“Then, what good are you?”
Tereza sighed and dropped her head into her hands. He really was impossible. How was it he and Carlos were related? She knew the other man could be stubborn, but this? This went beyond anything she’d seen before. Tereza slapped her hands on the table and leaned closer to him. “Look. Do you want me to help or not? If not, I’ll tell your brother I did everything I could, but you decided to take the fall for something you didn’t do. Because if you don’t work with me, that’s exactly what’s going to happen. They have you sewn up pretty tight, and if that girl’s prognosis doesn’t change, that attempted murder charge is going to get bumped up.”
She caught a quick flicker of…something pass through his eyes. It wasn’t just fear, but what almost looked like pain. Or even grief. “She was more than just some girl you saw on the streets, wasn’t she? What’s she to you, Brent? Was she your girl?”
One corner of his mouth lifted in a snarl. “You don’t know a damn thing about it. She’s good. Damn it, she’s good. She wasn’t coming down there to slum it with me.”
It was the first real hint of anger, not just defensiveness, she’d seen from him. She definitely thought she was on the right track, then.
“But, you cared for her, didn’t you?”
Yeah, Brent is in a real mess here. But, will he let anyone help him out of it? Or will there be more trouble to come? (I’m sure you all can guess the answer to that last one).
Now, for the progress I’ve made so far this week:
- Write/edit for 20 hours – 9 hours, 40 minutes. Still falling a little behind with this, but my new schedule should help. I’ve written 7323 words so far this week.
- Ready When You Are – 2307 words
- Paint Me a Picture – 1209 words
- Carlos & Tereza – 2020 words(+1787 words on Story a Day piece)
- Stained by Ashes – compiled notes for Chapter 2 into master document
- Guarding the Heart – absolutely nothing! have to make notes so I keep settings consistent and yeah. Keep procrastinating
- Dance with the Devil – get to 2000 words – no progress yet this week
- Goin’ Down – get to 1750 words – no progress yet this week
- Snow White Twist – get to 1500 words – no progress yet this week
- Read: Storyworld First – get to 90% – I’m at 81%.
Finish Priya in Heels(Ayesha Patel), Wild Man(Kristen Ashley),Forged in Stone(Alyssa Rose Ivy), Prophecy(Julie Anne Lindsey), & Sworn(Kate Sparkes) – Finished Priya in Heels(really enjoyed), Wild Man(liked it better than the first book, but still had some issues. Judging from excerpt of next book, not sure I’ll get it. If I do, it’ll probably be from the used book store. Whole 1st chapter was pretty much female lead referring to herself as a 2.5 and pretty much everyone else an 8 or up. I wanted to finish out the series, but I don’t know). I’m a little more than halfway through Forged in Stone and still not sure what I think of it. I’ll probably still finish it, though.
- Loom: 2 Way Headband – I’ve got this started.
- Story a Day: Finish 7 Stories – 3/7 stories finished. Right on track. You can read all of this month’s stories here(actually I still have to update with at least yesterday’s and today’s, but all the rest are there).
- No Matter What – a bit with Kelan and stuff going down in the middle of Ready When You Are(okay, a little past the middle)
- But Everything – a bit from Paint Me a Picture, getting toward some steaminess.
- Believe in You – this is some of Carlos’ backstory.(I wrote this same piece earlier in the month, but this time it’s in 1st instead of 3rd)
A lot of green! And hoping to get to those reds sometime this week.