So, it’s been raining pretty much all weekend. Friday was beautiful. And when we’d checked this weekend’s weather earlier in the week, it was supposed to be as well. Perfect, we thought. There was a ride we were doing with the club we ride with. In memory of a little boy who had died from cancer. Check the weather again later in the week. Chance of rain throughout Saturday. Well, okay, it might still not be too bad, looked like it was just going to be scattered showers. And we were running one of the stops for the poker run. We figured we’d start out with everyone then cut out early so we could get to our stop in time. Or at least ride up to the final stop once everyone else had gone through. Well, we didn’t make it to the beginning of the ride. But, we did ride to our stop because it was little more than a sprinkle when we left our house, and it’s less than 10 miles to where we set up. By the time we got there, though, we were pretty wet. And hardly anyone even showed up. They either cut out early, or completely bypassed us to go to the after party. Oh well. We rode the bike home and took the truck up to the after party. Which we didn’t stay too long at(too loud, too many people, and we had to get the kids from MIL’s and go home).
Besides the rainy weather at the end, it was a pretty good week. Monday night we had the girl’s Spring concert. Friday the boy had his field trip, so I got the taste of what next year(when he’s in full-day Kindergarten) will be like. I managed to get everything on my to-do list done just a little before their bus got here in the afternoon. Also gives a good idea of what the best routine will be for me next year to make the best use of the time I’ll have to myself next year. First, though, we’ll have to get through summer vacation(less than 2 weeks before that starts).
(woohoo! The video showed up. Wasn’t sure it would)
Now, for my progress for this week:
- Write/edit for 20 hours – 18 hours, 25 minutes. Not too bad this week. Ended up with 12361 words for these projects.
- Paint Me a Picture – 1839 words
- Carlos & Tereza – 2244 words
- Break on Me – 3780 words(this includes some earlier pieces I wrote that I worked into the WiP)
- In the Moonlight – 1792 words
- Protecting the Heart – 2706 words
- Stained by Ashes – compiled beta notes for Chapter 1 so both betas’ notes are in same document.
- Guarding the Heart – finished Scene Map, Timeline, & Revisions notecards.
Dance with the Devil – get to 1750 words– 1775 words Goin’ Down – get to 1500 words– 1540 words Snow White Twist – get to 1250 words– 1276 words Read: Storyworld First – get t0 70%– made it to this point Read: Edge of Darkness(K.L. Schwengel), Taking the Heat(Victoria Dahl), Shoulda Been a Cowboy(Maisey Yates), Landline(Rainbow Rowell), Heat Exchange(Shannon Stacey), & I See London(Chanel Cleeton)– finished all of these. Loved Landline and really enjoyed Heat Exchange. And I loved I See London, too. I started reading Priya in Heels(Ayesha Patel) but am only about 20% into it. Crochet: Owl Granny Square– finished this Story a Day: Finish 7 stories– finished all of these. If you want to read the rest of the stories, you can click on “Story a Day 2016” at the top of the page. They’re all listed out there(and links should all open in new tabs)
- Painted – Twitter length story for Paint Me a Picture
- Baby on Your Porch – A story ripped from the headlines and twisted to fit into Carlos & Tereza’s story
- Perfect Coincidence – Story inspired by a painting, and Susan & Kendall show up in this for anyone who has been missing them(Also worked this into Break on Me)
- Resident Ghost – Nola tells Yasmin about the ghost who is rumored to haunt Yasmin’s great-aunt’s house.
- Nighthawk – Danica tells Declan all about her favorite superhero
- Put the Brakes On – Some more tension between Gabriel & Erik(for anyone who read Wednesday’s snippet from Break on Me)
- Not Again(take 2) – last Saturday’s story(Not Again) told from Xavier’s POV.
Woohoo! Lots & lots of blue up there. Love those kinds of weeks. Now, goals for next week:
- Write/edit for 20 hours
- Dance with the Devil – get to 2000 words
- Goin’ Down – get to 1750 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 1500 words
- Read: Storyworld First – get to 90%
- Read: Finish Priya in Heels(Ayesha Patel), Wild Man(Kristen Ashley), Forged in Stone(Alyssa Rose Ivy), Prophecy(Julie Anne Lindsey), & Sworn(Kate Sparkes)
- Loom: 2 Way Headband
- Story a Day: Finish 7 Stories