It’s been a pretty good week so far. Monday we had the girl’s Spring concert to go to. Kindergarten, 1st grade, an 2nd grade, each sing a few songs. It lasted a whole 45 minutes, and we were home again by 8. Next year, we’ll have two different ones to go to with the boy in kindergarten & her in 3rd grade. But, we all have to make it through summer vacation before that(kidding! Mostly. I’m sure we’ll all survive). He has a field trip on Friday, which means I’ll have the house to myself all day. A taste of what next school year will be like. Then, next Thursday is the girl’s field trip and the boy’s “graduation”. Then, just 1 more week of school before summer starts for us.
Anyways, it’s Wednesday again, which means it’s time for more WiPPet fun!! Woohoo!!(Yeah, ok, maybe I’ve had a little too much coffee this morning…Nah!). I’m working on Break on Me this morning, so I finally get to share a snippet of it. Yay!! If you read some of the snippets from Love Who You Love, you may remember Gabriel and Erik. Well, Break on Me is Gabriel’s story. Though it looks like Erik may be playing a bigger role in it than I’d thought. We’ll see how that goes, but Erik will be getting his own story later on as well. For today, I have the first 10 paragraphs(18-5+2+0+1-6) from Chapter 1.
“Wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t want to go. ”
Gabriel Saranno looked over at Erik Morrey’s words. They’d been roommates for a little more than a month and had mostly fallen into a comfortable state. Erik took care of most of the chores around the house while Gabriel was working, in between searching for a job. He just seemed to be having trouble finding one in this small town that would be flexible with his ongoing physical therapy.
Erik leaned against the door frame now, appearing casual. Although Gabriel could see the position took some of the weight off his right leg and the prosthetic attached to what was left of it.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he finally said. “I never said anything about not wanting to go to my dad’s for dinner. I go every Sunday.”
“Exactly. I don’t understand why he makes you show up every week like it’s a damn holiday. A bit controlling, isn’t it?”
Gabriel shook his head. Of course, Erik wouldn’t understand. He didn’t have the same family dynamic as the Sarannos. He was living here with Gabriel because Erik’s own father had kicked him out of the house. Because he wouldn’t just deny he was attracted to other men. There was nothing wrong or disgusting about that, but trying to relay that to old Jakob Morrey wouldn’t be an easy task.
“It’s not like that. He started this after Mom died.” His throat tightened at the memory of that time. They’d all been grieving, their father most of all, and they hadn’t known how to deal with it. “It’s probably the only thing that held us together as a family.”
“That was like a dozen years ago, though. Why does he keep it up? I just don’t get it.”
“They nearly lost me, too, if you remember.” He held up his right arm, wishing it was easier to stretch and flex his fingers. But, he couldn’t feel them, not like with his real hand. “He likes knowing we’re all still here. My family isn’t like yours, Erik. We actually like each other.”
“Really?” he asked, stepping forward. “Is that why they don’t know you like to kiss guys, too.”
If you read this Story a Day piece I wrote last week, you’ll know Erik is one of those guys Gabe’s kissed. Which I hadn’t known until I wrote that piece(did know both characters are bisexual, jut not that there was anything between them).
As for my progress on goals this week:
- Write/edit for 20 hours – 10 hours, 25 minutes so far this week. 7884 words so far.
- Paint Me a Picture – 1839 words + 21 words for Story a Day piece(had to be short enough to fit in a tweet)
- Carlos & Tereza – 2244 words(includes the Story a Day piece, since I fit it in the WiP)
- Break on Me – 3780 words(includes today’s Story a Day piece & 2 Stream of Consciousness posts I’d written earlier with these characters)
- Stained by Ashes – compiled notes from second beta into document with notes from 1st beta for Chapter 1.
- Guarding the Heart – highlighted scene map with different colors for various plot lines & got through more than half of writing out time line
- Dance with the Devil – get to 1750 words – nothing yet this week
- Goin’ Down – get to 1500 words – nothing yet this week
- Snow White Twist – get to 1250 words – nothing yet this week
- Read: Storyworld First – get t0 70% – up to 63% through this
Edge of Darkness(K.L. Schwengel), Taking the Heat(Victoria Dahl),Shoulda Been a Cowboy(Maisey Yates), Landline(Rainbow Rowell), Heat Exchange(Shannon Stacey), & I See London(Chanel Cleeton) – finished Edge of Darkness(LOVED) & Taking the Heat(Really enjoyed). I’ll be starting Shoulda Been a Cowboy once I finish everything else for the day
- Crochet: Owl Granny Square – I got most of this done. Just have to do finishing touches.
- Story a Day: Finish 7 stories – 3/7 finished. On track for these, too. You can read all of them here.
- Baby on Your Porch
- Perfect Coincidence
A good bit of green for the first half of the week. Hoping to get to those side projects sometime this week.