I had a pretty good week over all. A lot of my word counts were lower for my WiPs, since I use part of my writing time toward each of my story a day pieces. Unless I’m including that piece directly in the WiP, I don’t include it with the rest of my daily word count for that WiP(did that make sense. I’m not quite sure).
Yesterday was my niece’s 13th birthday party. So hard to believe she’s 13 already. She was born during my senior year of high school. So, we were down in my hometown for a while for that. And I ate more strawberry pretzel dessert than I needed to(but it’s SO good).
Our puppy had chewed through the cable for our printer, connecting it to our internet router, so we haven’t been able to use it. My husband got a new one Friday, so we got that hooked up this morning. But, we had to move the printer. It was on top of a cabinet on one side of the desk. But, the new cable was shorter than the old one and wouldn’t reach far enough. So, now it’s on the side of the desk, under the little set of cubby-holes. Which means I had to move all my binders with story notes and research books over to where the printer had been. It all actually looks neater now, though.
And it’s snowing today. Blah. Not that any of it’s really going to stick, but still. It’s the middle of May, and I was wearing shorts the other day.
As for my actual progress:
- Work 20 hours on writing/editing – 16 hours, 25 minutes. Not quite where I wanted to be, but still decent progress.
- Carlos & Tereza – 650 words + 1427 for the Story a Day piece
- Break on Me – 122 words + 2070 words for the Story a Day piece
- In the Moonlight – 1579 words + 1046 words for the Story a Day piece
- Protecting the Heart – 1215 words + 1110 words for the Story a Day piece
- Ready When You Are – 1552 words + 702 words for the Story a Day piece(this probably will end up in the WiP, but not until later on)
- Guarding the Heart – got through Chapter 19 for the scene map. 13 more to go.
Dance with the Devil – get to 1500 words– 1613 words Goin’ Down – get to 1250 words– 1251 words Snow White Twist – get to 1000 words– 1052 words Read: Storyworld First – get to 50%– got to this point Read: Summer Days(Susan Mallery), Trace of Fever(Lori Foster), Flowers on Main(Sheryll Woods), The Distance from A-Z(Natalie Blitt), Dead Wrong(Stacy Green), & Lower Education(A.M. Leibowitz)– I finished all of these. Summer Days was ok, enjoyed Trace of Fever, and liked Flowers on Main for the most part. Really loved The Distance from A-Z, enjoyed Dead Wrong, and loved Lower Education. Also finished An Act of Devotion(also by A.M. Leibowitz) and absolutely loved it. Started Edge of Darkness(K.L. Schwengel) yesterday but only 15% in so far(will be reading more this afternoon). Knit: Entwined Fingerless Mitts– Finished these! Story a Day – Finish 8 stories– finished all of these, so still on track to writing all 31 this month. You can read all the ones I have so far here.
- Midas’ Daughter – longest one so far. All new characters for this one
- New Start – some of Carlos’ back story
- To Forget – A bit with Gabriel & Erik(may remember them from snippets of Love Who You Love)
- Welcome Home – some from In the Moonlight
- Too Overbearing – some of Declan’s back story with him & his sister
- Entitled – part of Ready When You Are, with the antagonist
- Not Again – some of Xavier & Piers from Protecting the Heart, but may or may not end up on the page in that
- Still Trusted – this was from Do Something, earlier in the month, but from Declan’s POV instead of Eva’s.
An awful lot of blue and not any red. That’s what I like to see. Now, for next week’s goals.
- Write/edit for 20 hours
- Dance with the Devil – get to 1750 words
- Goin’ Down – get to 1500 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 1250 words
- Read: Storyworld First – get t0 70%
- Read: Edge of Darkness(K.L. Schwengel), Taking the Heat(Victoria Dahl), Shoulda Been a Cowboy(Maisey Yates), Landline(Rainbow Rowell), Heat Exchange(Shannon Stacey), & I See London(Chanel Cleeton)
- Crochet: Owl Granny Square
- Story a Day: Finish 7 stories