My plan to focus on one project a day has been working out well. Today’s focus hasn’t been there, feels like my mind is going in every possible direction except forward on today’s story. So, the words have been slower, but they’re still coming. The weather has been really nice this week, so we’ve been spending more time outside. I’m still getting most of my goals accomplished, though. I seem to be finding a routine that works pretty well for me.
Before I get to more in-depth reporting on my progress, it’s Wednesday, which means WIPPET TIME!! Today I’m working on Paint Me a Picture, so that’s what I’m sharing from. I shared one snippet from it last month and this one picks up pretty much right after it. 20 sentences from Chapter 1.
“What was that about? And don’t tell me nothing. ”
“It is nothing,” she insisted. “I just don’t know many guys who would take so much care with a little girl.”
“Then, you don’t know the right guys,” he snapped. “She’s precious. Why wouldn’t I take care with her?”
“Not even my dad is like that with her, and he absolutely adores her. You saying he’s not the right kind of guy, either?”
Rylan blew out a breath. “Not to his face.”
That had Kirsten cracking a smile. “He’d be pleased to know that.”
“Yeah, well, I still think your father hates me.”
“How many times do I have to tell you? My father hates your father. Not you.”
“And I’m totally with him there.”
Somehow they’d completely gotten off the original conversation. Which was fine with her, since she’d been on the path to making a fool of herself.
I also wrote a little piece that gives a glimpse into Rylan’s childhood and maybe why he does take such care with Cora.
As for my progress for the week(Color code:
Blue -goal met, Green – progress made, Red – no progress):
- Plot, draft, edit 20 hours – about 9 hours so far. Still have some more time today, so should remain on track.
- Protecting the Heart – 3169 words
- Ready When You Are – 3003 words
- Paint Me a Picture – 1075 words so far(but still have about 1.5 hours of writing time left today)
- Stained by Ashes – still waiting on an email from CP on Healing the Heart, so I’ve been working on transcribing in-line comments 1 beta reader sent back into comment boxes, so it will be easier when I get notes back from 2nd beta reader. I’m currently through Chapter 12.
- Dance with the Devil – 250 words
- Goin’ Down – 500 words(it’s currently at 400)
- Read: Conflict & Suspense – get to 80% – about 66%. On track.
Finish Just For this Moment(Kait Nolan), Obsession in Death(J.D. Robb),Slamdunked by Love(Jamie Wesley), Best Man for Hire(Tawna Fenske), Casting Shadows(Amanda DeWees), Anthem(A.M. Leibowitz), & Forbidden Witches(S.M. Reine) – Finished Just For this Moment(loved this one) and Obsession in Death(really liked this one). Currently 16% through Slamdunked by Love.
- Crochet: Twisty Cabled Beanie – This is the one thing that’s been pushed to the side this week. Maybe today I’ll get it started.
- A-Z Challenge – Draft & Revise U,V,W,X,Y,Z – Falling behind on this, but I have time to catch back up. I just started (U) last night.