I’m falling behind on my Camp NaNo goals, but other than that, I’m doing pretty good so far. I started plotting a new story(in my Gilbert, Co series, even though I haven’t finished Paint Me a Picture yet). I finished plotting yesterday and even wrote the first 400+ words on it. Working on it now, too. To figure out the order I work on things, I look at my list on mywriteclub.com. The one farthest along percentage-wise goes to the top of the list. This one had been there when I was plotting. But, I started a new goal for drafting, so it’s gone back to the bottom now. If things keep going the way they have been, though, it will be moving up the list.
So, for this week’s WiPPet Wednesday, I’ll be sharing from this new project. No title yet, just referring to it as ‘Carlos & Tereza’. I’m sure a title will come to me eventually. Carlos first popped up in Healing the Heart(which I should be editing), and again in Freeing His Heart and even briefly in My Way to You. And then he insisted he needed his own story. Tereza popped up in Demons Rising(book 3) and hasn’t been seen since. Didn’t realize until I started brainstorming this one how much history they shared. For today, I have 6 paragraphs from the first scene.
He jumped when the phone at the end of the counter rang and just barely kept from cutting himself with the knife. He took off the gloves he wore while preparing food and dropped them in the trash on his way to the phone. “Carlos’ place,” he answered. He’d been real creative when naming his restaurant.
“Car?” The voice on the other end of the line wavered slightly, but that didn’t keep Carlos from recognizing it. A chill went down his spine, even though he reminded himself at least this meant he was still alive.
“What do you want, Brent? I’m busy right now.”
“I-I’m sorry, Carlos.”
Shit, it had to be bad if his brother was apologizing. “What happened?”
“I’m in trouble. I need your help.”
What kind of trouble is his brother in? Is Carlos going to be able to help? I may have answers for you next week. 😉
Now, on to my progress so far this week:
- Work 15 hours on plotting/drafting projects – I’ve lost track of all of today’s time, but I’ve got around 14 hours in. I…may have given up on the only 3 hours a day. Since I worked on outlining Carlos & Tereza’s story for 6 hours yesterday.
- Protecting the Heart – 1020 words
- Ready When You Are – 1034 words
- Paint Me a Picture – 852 words
- Carlos & Tereza – 4497 words of plotting & 1581 words on the story itself.
- Break on Me – finished brainstorming & 1276 words of plotting
- In the Moonlight – set aside By the Gun b/c it just wasn’t working & started brainstorming an idea based on a piece of flash fiction I wrote a while ago. Brainstormed characters, but that’s about it.
- Work 5 hours on editing – 30 minutes so far.
- Come Back Down – Revise 1/2 hour –
- Goin’ Down(short story) – Write 1/2 hour
- RoW80 Sponsor Post –
Draft, Revise, & Submit – Got this drafted. Need to revise & submit still.
- Read: Conflict & Suspense(James Scott Bell) – About 10% through this.
Finish Love on the Ledge(Zoraida Cordova), Kiss Kill Vanish(Jessica Martinez), The Wrath and the Dawn(Renee Ahdieh),When You Dare(Lori Foster), Coming in From the Cold(Sarina Bowen), Blood Charged(Lindsay Buroker), and Finding Center(Katherine Locke) – finished Love on the Ledge(enjoyed it), set aside Kiss Kill Vanish(just wasn’t pulling me in), and finished The Wrath and the Dawn last night(really enjoyed it). Will be started When You Dare tonight.
- Knit: Entwined Fingerless Mitts – Haven’t started these yet.
- A-Z Challenge –
Draft K, L, M, N& Revise I, J,K, L, M, N – Drafted through N. Have through J revised and scheduled. Through E are posted.