Yes, I know Round 2 technically doesn’t start until tomorrow. But, I’m used to writing up my check-ins and new goals on Sundays. And I like to stick to routine wherever I can. First, we’ll look at how I did over the break(break? What’s that? I did say I like to stick to routine, remember?)
- Work 20 hours on writing projects – 13 hours, 35 minutes. I’m actually planning on taking this down to 15 hours
- Protecting the Heart – 189 words
- Ready When You Are – 397 words
- Paint Me a Picture – 871 words
- Carlos & Tereza – Brainstorming & about 150 words of back story. I also wrote a little piece for SOCS about these two. Wasn’t going to start this until I finished Paint Me a Picture, but Carlos was insistent.
- Love Who You Love – 11040(this also finished the first draft)
- Break on Me – brainstormed general characters & deeper into one of the main characters
- By the Gun – 135 words. I’m seriously considering shelving this one.
- Edit 5 hours – 1 hour, 50 minutes – finished CP edits for what was in the document. Still have to apply more general comments toward it.
Come Back Down – work 1 hour– 45 minutes yesterday & finished 1st draft. Started a new short story this morning. Next weekend, I think I’ll start revising Come Back Down(mostly filling in details right now) on Saturday and work on the short story on Sunday
- Row80 Sponsor Post –
Brainstorm& draft – This is about half-drafted. Read: Description & Setting– finished this. Wasn’t too impressed, mostly with what I felt was a condescending tone.
The Vixen and the Vet(Katy Regnery), Frisco’s Kid(Suzanne Brockman), Once Upon a Setup(Kait Nolan), My Last(Melanie Shawn), Protect and Serve(various), Lies We Live(Brenda St John Brown), Nowhere But Here(Katie McGarry), Scandalous(R.G. Alexander), Legal Heat(Sarah Castille),Love on the Ledge(Zoraida Cordova), & Kiss Kill Vanish(Jessica Martinez): I’m 10% through Love on the Ledge and should be able to finish it today. Crochet: Half and Half Slouch Hat –finished this and the Morning Light Cowl on the loom.
- A-Z Challenge – Draft & Revise posts as I have time – I have through (J) drafted with (K) started. And through (H) is revised & scheduled. Hoping to stay at least a week ahead on this.
I posted my monthly goals on Thursday, so I can jump right into the goals for this round.
- Break on Me(Kurztown #4) – Outline
- Carlos & Tereza(Gilbert #5) – Outline
- Cam & Gio(Flames #5.25) – Brainstorm
- Paint Me a Picture – 1st draft
- Ready When You Are – 1st draft
- By the Gun – get to 86k(only I shelve it)
- Protecting the Heart – get to 76k
- Break on Me – get to 40k
- Carlos & Tereza – get to 20k(if Carlos remains so insistent, though, this will probably be higher)
- Healing the Heart – finish CP edits & Polish for beta readers(if anyone’s interested in reading the follow-up to Duty to Protect, let me know)
- Stained by Ashes – Beta edits once I have it back from 2nd beta
- Stained Blood – CP edits once I have it back
- Listen: 3 audiobooks(was going to be 4 but I finished Map of Fates Friday)
- Read: 77 books
- Read: 3 craft/research books
- Knit: 3 projects
- Crochet: 4 projects
- Knit: 3 projects
And my goals for this coming week:
- Work 15 hours on plotting/drafting projects
- Work 5 hours on editing
- Come Back Down – Revise 1/2 hour
- Goin’ Down(short story) – Write 1/2 hour
- RoW80 Sponsor Post – Draft, Revise, & Submit
- Read: Conflict & Suspense(James Scott Bell)
- Read: Finish Love on the Ledge(Zoraida Cordova), Kiss Kill Vanish(Jessica Martinez), The Wrath and the Dawn(Renee Ahdieh), When You Dare(Lori Foster), Coming in From the Cold(Sarina Bowen), Blood Charged(Lindsay Buroker), and Finding Center(Katherine Locke)
- Knit: Entwined Fingerless Mitts
- A-Z Challenge – Draft K, L, M, N & Revise I, J, K, L, M, N