This has been a pretty good week. A lot of writing, a good amount of reading, and even finished another knitting project.
Also, I got a new planner and pens yesterday. That always makes for a good week. 🙂
Can’t think of a whole lot else to report on for this week, so we’ll get right into the goals.
- Work 20 hours on drafting – 19 hours, 20 minutes/20 hours. Came really close to this one, but Friday I felt drained and only got in 3 hours. I did write 18,600 words during the week, though.
- Protecting the Heart – 4026
- Paint Me a Picture – 4746
- Love Who You Love – 4155
- Ready When You Are – 3030
- By the Gun – 2643
Work 5 hours on editing– close to 6 hours. Finished polishing up Stained by Ashes. Now just to get it out to betas. Come Back Down – work 1 hour over weekend– got about 1.25 hours in. Added 1104 words. Should have this finished soon, by the end of the month, I hope. Read: Description & setting – 70%– got this far into it. There was one part that really bothered me. When talking about what readers of different genres expect with descriptions. Apparently romance readers are all about clothing/jewelry/fashion-type stuff description. Um, yeah, not so much. I skim anything more than a sentence or 2 that’s description of clothing, particularly f it includes name brands. Maybe I’m in the minority, but it was written like it’s a given all romance readers want that. And the examples he gave were all from older romances. Maybe I’m wrong, but when I’m reading romances(and writing them), I’m a lot more interested in the emotions than anything else.
The Scorpion Rules(Erin Bow), Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda(Becky Albertalli), Defiance(C.J. Redwine), Chance of Rain(Amber Lin),Slow Heat(Jill Shalvis), Winter’s Burn(Elena Aitken), 99 Days(Katie Cotugno), & Festive in Death(J.D. Robb) – Finished Defiance(enjoyed), set aside Chance of Rain, just couldn’t get into it, read Slow Heat(enjoyed but not as much as most of her other books), and Winter’s Burn(liked). I started 99 Days last night, but didn’t get too far into it. Got up to 48% while riding around in the truck. I’m hoping to at least finish that today but don’t know if I’ll get to Festive in Death.
- Knit: Mug Hug – finished this & got yarn for my next project
- A-Z Challenge – draft posts as I have time – finished (C) post & started (D) post. Hoping to work through more of them this week.
As for next week’s goals:
- Work 20 hours on writing projects
- Edit 5 hours
- Come Back Down – 1 hour
- Read: Description & Setting
- Read: Finish 99 Days(Katie Cotugno), Festive in Death(J.D. Robb), The Vixen and the Vet(Katy Regnery), Frisco’s Kid(Suzanne Brockman), Once Upon a Setup(Kait Nolan), My Last(Melanie Shawn), Protect and Serve(various), & Lies We Live(Brenda St John Brown)
- Crochet: Half and Half Slouch Hat
- A-Z Challenge – draft posts as I have time