Okay, so I’m not too far off track. But, the week started out that way. We went Monday afternoon to get our taxes done then to get some groceries. So, we didn’t get home until dinner time, and I only had a little more than half my list done. So, I moved the rest of the stuff to Tuesday. Then, school was cancelled yesterday so both kids were home all day. But, I did manage to catch up on most of it. Still a bit behind on my crochet and reading goals. I’m already ahead where I usually am for the day, though, so I might at least get close on catching up today.
I’ll be doing a cover reveal for Stained Snow this coming Friday. If anyone would like to help with it, let me know.
Now, for WiPPet Wednesday. Still sharing from Love Who You Love. Today I have 11 paragraphs(1+7-2-1+6). Left out the month & the 0 in the year. Anyway, context: This scene follows what I shared last week. Chris and his brother just came into the garage. Erik is still hanging out there.
“My father was being his usual asshole self.”
Chris turned and saw a young man lounging in one of the chairs by the windows. He was slouched so far down his head was right at the top of the chair. Which was why he probably hadn’t noticed him sitting there when they were coming in. It took him another moment to recognize him. “Erik?”
That had Gabriel turning as well. Chris saw his brother blink a couple times, then he said, “Damn, Morrey, you look like shit. It’s a sight for sore eyes.”
To Chris’ surprise, Erik laughed at that then levered himself up, with only a slight wince. He gripped Gabriel’s hand, not seeming to notice it was his prosthetic one. “Good to see you, too, Saranno. And it’s hard to get much sleep when you’re worried your dad’s going to throw you out any second.”
Gabriel pulled back slightly, and his eyes narrowed. “It’s gotten worse?”
“Well, since, he said all my stuff would be packed up and waiting by the time I got back to the house, I’d say that’s a given.”
“Shit, man,” Gabe said, letting his arm drop back down.
Chris looked between them, trying to figure out what was under their words. He’d never been great at subtext, though. “I don’t get it,” Chris finally said. “Why would he kick you out? You’re like a town hero.”
Erik scoffed at that. “Only in some people’s eyes. And since I refused to hide anymore, even they probably won’t look at me like that.” He ran his fingers through his short blond hair then sighed. “Knew this was coming. He walked in on me flirting with one of the other patients during my physical therapy session the other day. He’s been talking about my relapse ever since. Like it’s some disease that should have gone into remission by now.”
“I don’t get it,” Chris said. “Why would he have a problem with you flirting with a woman?”
There was a little smirk on Erik’s face as he turned to Chris. “ I never said it was a woman, did I?”
I’ll share more of this scene next week(or at least that’s the plan). And both Erik and Gabe have stories simmering in my head. As does Chris.
Now, as for how this week’s going:
- Ready When You Are – Write 100 minutes/2000 words – 60 minutes/1355 words. I was frustrated this morning by an issue with the cover for Stained Snow and ended up writing 600 words in 20 minutes. A record for me.
- Love Who You Love – Write 100 minutes/2000 words – 60 minutes/1129 words. The words are coming fairly steady with this one.
- By the Gun – Write 100 minutes/2000 words – 60 minutes/1038 words. Another slow, steady progress one. But, this version is coming along a lot better than my last attempt. Even if I’ve been in disturbing characters heads the last couple days.
- Protecting the Heart – finish Declan’s backstory, start Eva’s – still working on Declan’s back story. It’s already about 1400 words, but still have more to go. He’s got a lot to tell me apparently.
- Rylan & Kirsten –
finish Rylan’s backstory, start Kirsten’s – I finished Rylan’s yesterday(at a little over 1k). Started Kirsten’s and it’s about 300 words long so far. Hoping to finish it up today or Friday, then I can start the antagonist’s.
- Stained Snow –
finish Polishing, final read through – finished polish yesterday. Going to start the final read through later today.
- Come Back Down – write 40 minutes/1000 words – weekend project
- Read: She Sat He Stood – 75% – I’m at 65% right now.
Sins of the Warrior(Linda Poitevin), Double Play(Jill Shalvis),The Darkest Flame(Christina Lee), Carry On(Rainbow Rowell), Against the Storm(Kat Martin), Craving Flight(Tamsen Parker), Brash(Nicola Marsh), & Verum(Courtney Cole) – I finished Sins of the Warrior(ripped my heart out but was a great end to the series) and Double Play(really enjoyed). I’m about 15% through The Darkest Flame now. Knit: Zig Zag Ribbed Scarf– Finished this!
- Crochet: Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket(finally got the yarn I need to finish this) – made some progress on this yesterday.
- A-Z Challenge – plan through G post – Nothing on these yet. Trying to catch up on everything else first.
More red than I’d like, but hopefully will make more progress during the second half of the week.