So, this week has gone pretty well. I got the rest of the chapters of Stained Snow back from my beta reader. Also got Stained by Ashes back from my critique partner. I already went through most of those comments. A few that I have to dig deeper into the story to address. And going to apply some of the things brought up in comments on Stained Snow(mostly the lack of setting details) to Stained by Ashes. So, I’ll get to that next week.
My new method of working a certain number of hours, seems to be going well, too. Not that I’ve actually hit that 5 hour mark yet this week. I got close on Thursday. Friday my eyes were getting tired, so I shut the computer down after about a total of 4 hours. That might be a better number for me for this month. Next month when I’m focused on drafting, I might try to increase to 5 again.
Ready When You Are(Hunter Family #3) – 500 words(or however much I can write in ~20 minutes)– Wrote 2063 words on this one this week. Averaged about 413 a day. Love Who You Love(Kurztown #3) – 34000 words– Got up to 34903 on this. Averaged 363 a day on this one. By the Gun – 4500 words.– I’ve reached 5390 words on this. Averaged 289 words on this one.
I’ve written an average of 934 words a day this week.
Protecting the Heart(BC Security #2) – Brainstorm– Finished the brainstorming and figured out GMC for one of the characters Rylan & Kirsten(Gilbert, CO #4.75) – Brainstorm– same with this one. Stained Snow – edit as I get chapters back(forgot to add this on Sunday)– Got the rest of the chapters back and finished editing through them. Going back through to polish it up, then doing a final read through for proofreading. My Way to You(Gilbert, CO #4.25) – 1st revisions– Finished the first round of revisions. Sent it to my kindle to read through.
- Come Back Down – 20000 words – Applying the #Write20 to this on the weekends. Wrote 450 words Saturday morning. And another 370 this morning.
- Read: She Sat He Stood – 25% – I got to 25% on Thursday.
Red(Kate Serine), Warrior Mage(Lindsay Buroker), First Time in Forever(Sarah Morgan), Last First Kiss(Lia Riley), One Night(A.J. Pine), Going Long(Cari Quinn),& Far From You(Tess Sharpe) – I enjoyed all of these(though was more meh on First Time in Forever. Really loved Last First Kiss & One Night. I’m almost 3/4 through Far From You and really enjoying it.
- Knit: Zig Zag Rib Scarf – Making progress on this. I’ve finished 4 zigs and 3 zags.
It’s been a pretty productive week. Going to keep going with this.
- Ready When You Are – write 20 minutes a day/add 2000 words
- Love Who You Love – write 20 minutes a day/add 2000 words
- By the Gun – write 20 minutes a day/add 2000 words
- Protecting the Heart – write Declan’s back story, start Eva’s if time
- Rylan & Kirsten – write Rylan’s back story, start Kirsten’s if time
- Stained by Ashes – finish CP edits
- Stained Snow – Polish
- My Way to You – Read Through
- Come Back Down – write 40 minutes/add 1000 words
- Read: She Sat He Stood – 50%
- Read: Far From You(Tess Sharpe), Wicked Ties(Shayla Black), Free Agent(Mari Carr), Love Ever After(various), At Last(Jill Shalvis), Dangerously Bound(Eden Bradley), Sins of the Warrior(Linda Poitevin), & Double Play(Jill Shalvis)