Yesterday was a long day of being social(some might argue how social I actually was, but just ignore them. I was around people. It counts). It was my nephew’s 5th birthday party. So, we headed over to my sister’s in the late morning. And, yes, I took my kindle. First of all, it’s about a 45 minute drive. I can’t just sit for that long. And I did take it into my sister’s with me. Well, because, I can’t handle people that much. Even my family. We got through that and then my mom had put together a surprise dinner for my grandma because it was also her 80th birthday. It’s the first time in a long time(as long as I can remember), that they’ve been home for her birthday. Usually they go to Florida for the winter, but they sold their place down there and are going to be staying up here now. Still feeling the remnants of anxiety from all that socializing this morning. So glad we’re not going anywhere today.
This week has gone pretty well.
Love Who You Love – 33000 words– 33450/33000. Feels like this is coming together more. My Way to You – Pre-revision(scene map, time line, note cards)– got this done
- Stained Snow – continue to edit as I get chapters back – I got through 13 done. Got 3 more back yesterday, so those will be first up for the next week.
Come Back Down – get to 18000 words– 18104/18000 words. Thought of a twist that might come in later, we’ll see how it goes, though. Read: Writing Vivid Settings – 100%– finished this.
The Year We Fell Down(Sarina Bowen), Star Cruise: Marooned(Veronica Scott), Not in the Script(Amy Finnegan), & A Home By the Sea(Christina Skye), Rev It Up(Julie Ann Walker), Last Will & Testament(Dahlia Adler), Roses are Red, Violet is Dead(Monica-Marie Vincent), The Things You Kiss Goodbye(Leslie Connor), Of Metal and Wishes(Sarah Fine),Red(Kate Serine), Warrior Mage(Lindsay Buroker), and First Time in Forever(Sarah Morgan) – I really liked most of the ones I finished. A Home by the Sea was all right, but I actually skimmed a lot of it. If I hadn’t read the next book in the series already, I may not have pushed through it. I couldn’t get into Roses are Red so set it aside. I sobbed through the last 15-20% of The Things You Kiss Goodbye(so, of course, it got 5 stars). I’m almost 3/4 through Red and really enjoying it. I’m hoping to at least read Warrior Mage today, but it may end up going on February’s list(well, staying on, since I already made the list. But, if I finish it today, I’ll take it off). Loom: Zig Zag Hat– finished this too.
And since it’s the end of January, time to look back at how I did and forward to what I’ll be doing next month.
Love Who You Love – reach 33,000 words– 33450/33000 words. Come Back Down – reach 18,000 words– 18104/18000 words
Flames of Retribution: Read Through, 2nd Revisions, & Polish– got this done My Way to You: Scene Map– got all pre-revisions done
Listen: 2 audiobooks– 5/2 listened to. Actually more like 9, but for of them was a re-listen to a series, so I didn’t count them. And I’m about 1/3 of the way through Truthwitch(Susan Dennard)
- Read: 25 books – 21/25 books finished
Read: Writing Vivid Settings(Rayne Hall)– finished this.
Knitting: Antler Hat– finished this
- Crochet: Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket – got part way through this then ran out of arm
Loom: Zig Zag Hatfinished this
Pretty good over all. Now, looking forward to February:
I’m planning to join Jenny Perinovic with her #write20 challenge. Writing for 20 minutes every day. Then, I’ll be switching to my revisions for the day. I’m also going back to bouncing between projects. So, I’ll be working on a different one each day.
- Protecting the Heart(BC Security 2) – Brainstorming & Back stories
- Rylan & Kirsten(Gilbert, CO 4.75) – Brainstorming & Back stories
- Ready When You Are – 2000 words
- Love Who You Love – 36000 words
- By the Gun – 6000 words
- Come Back Down – 26000 words
- My Way to You – 1st Revisions, Read Through, 2nd Revisions, & Polish
- Flames of Recompense – Organize for Revisions
- Stained Snow – Continue editing as I get chapters back
- Edit anything I get back from critique partner
- Listen: 2 audiobooks
- Read: 27 books
- Read: She Sat He Stood(Ginger Hanson)
- Knit: Zig Zag Rib Scarf
- Crochet: Leaping Stripes & Blocks Blanket
- Loom: Figure-8 Ribbed Keyhole Scarf
And for the next week:
- Ready When You Are(Hunter Family #3) – 500 words(or however much I can write in ~20 minutes)
- Love Who You Love(Kurztown #3) – 34000 words
- By the Gun – 4500 words
- Protecting the Heart(BC Security #2) – Brainstorm
- Rylan & Kirsten(Gilbert, CO #4.75) – Brainstorm
- My Way to You(Gilbert, CO #4.25) – 1st revisions
- Come Back Down – 20000 words
- Read: She Sat He Stood – 25%
- Read: Red(Kate Serine), Warrior Mage(Lindsay Buroker), First Time in Forever(Sarah Morgan), Last First Kiss(Lia Riley), One Night(A.J. Pine), Going Long(Cari Quinn), & Far From You(Tess Sharpe)
- Knit: Zig Zag Rib Scarf