We hadn’t gotten much snow during November and December. Which is rather odd for around here. Well, apparently it’s making up for it now. We got some snow Sunday night, but it was probably only a couple inches. Not quite enough to even shovel. More started coming yesterday, though. I don’t know how much we got but probably more than a foot, maybe 2(I so am not a good judge of this). It came up to the top of the snowblower(well where the auger is, not over the rest of it).
And that’s another story. You may have seen my tweet this morning, but if not, let’s just say I had to battle the snowblower. “It should start right up.” Yeah, apparently my husband forgot who he was talking to when he said that. I did finally get it started and once I did, there weren’t any problems. But, I got very frustrated and “I can’t start the snowblower” turned into “I can’t do a damn thing. Why even bother trying.” I wish I knew why my brain turned a little thing into a huge disaster.
It’s WiPPet Wednesday again, so time for another snippet from Flames of Retribution. I’m nearly through the second round of revisions, but I should be with this one for at least another week(since I still have to do the polishing round). For today, I have 8 paragraphs(1+1+3-2-1+6). The first line is Caitie to Mark.
“Maybe I wanted to make sure you weren’t working yourself so hard you snapped.”
“I’m not going to snap.” He turned away from her.
“Maybe you need to.” She put her hand on his back.
He shuddered under her touch then restrained that reaction. “How can you even say that? You want me to lose my goddamned mind?”
She moved around in front of him. “No, Mark, not your mind. Just your control.”
“Amounts to the same damn thing.”
She didn’t move out of his way. “No, it doesn’t. You can put some of that control into someone else’s hands without breaking. It doesn’t make you weak.”
“You make me weak,” he said and reached out to stroke a finger along her jaw. “You make me want things I told myself years ago I don’t deserve anymore.”
I hope someone has a fire extinguisher, because things are getting hot. 😉
And on to my RoW80 Update. Things have been going pretty well this week for the most part.
- Love Who You Love – get to 23000 words – 21099/23000 words. Staying on track with this one.
- Flames of Retribution – 2nd round revisions – I’m through Chapter 28/33. Planning to finish these today then start on the 2 connected short stories.
Stained Snow – edit chapters as I get them back– I’ve been doing 1 a day and am caught up. 5 done so far and have added 420 words.
- Come Back Down – reach 14000 words – weekend project
- Read: Writing Vivid Settings – 55% – I’m at about 42%
- Read: Heir of Fire(Sarah J. Maas), Be With Me(J. Lynn), Alicia(Gloria Weber), The Inn at Eagle Point(Sherryl Woods), Between Everything and Us(Rebecca Paula), The Siren(Tiffany Reisz) – Not nearly as far along as I usually would be. Only about halfway through Heir of Fire. May not get through all of these this week, but that’s okay.
Knit: Antler Hat– finished this yesterday.
- Crochet: Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket – Row 40 – Planning to start this today.