Getting used to a new routine this past week. We brought the new puppy home on Tuesday, so adjusted to the way my personal routine had to change to accommodate that. There’s been a lot of taking him outside, and that’s going pretty well. Very few messes inside. The cat does not like him. The older dog mostly just ignores him. He does not like to spend much of any time on his own, so there’s been lots of puppy cuddles this week.
But, I’ve still managed to get most of my stuff done. So, there is that.
Love Who You Love – get to 18000 words– 18052/18000. I’m thinking I’m going to have to do some re-outlining for this. The way I had it planned just doesn’t feel right. Flames of Retribution – Read Through– finished this & read through the 2 short stories that are connected. Ready to start next round of revisions Come Back Down – get to 12000 words– Got to 12021 this morning. Taking an interesting turn. RoW80 Sponsor post – write & submit– submitted this Friday. And, of course, as soon as I hit send, I started having doubts of every word I wrote. Happens every time. Probably a good thing it wasn’t about having confidence in yourself. Read: Writing Vivid Settings – get to 30%– got here.
Hope for Him(Sydney Aaliyah Michelle), Crazy Over You(Wendy Sparrow), A Summer Like No Other(Elodie Nowodazkij), Just One Reason(Brooklyn Skye), Off Campus(Amy Jo Cousins), & Heir of Fire(Sarah J Maas) – finished Hope for Him, Crazy Over You, A Summer Like No Other, Just One Reason, & Off Campus. I also got Off the Clock(Roni Loren) in the mail yesterday, so I started that as soon as I finished Off Campus. I’ll be moving Heir of Fire to next week’s list.
- Knit: Antler Hat – I’ve made a lot of progress on this. Almost through the cable pattern. Then, I think I just need to do the decreases and finish it off.
A lot of blue there. I always love seeing that. I’ve also been making edits on Stained Snow as I get the chapters back from my beta reader. I’ve finished 2 and have 2 waiting for me to get to this week and more coming. So far I’ve added a total of 20 words to it.
Goals for next week:
- Love Who You Love – get to 23000 words
- Flames of Retribution – 2nd round revisions
- Stained Snow – edit chapters as I get them back
- Come Back Down – reach 14000 words
- Read: Writing Vivid Settings – 55%
- Read: Heir of Fire(Sarah J. Maas), Be With Me(J. Lynn), Alicia(Gloria Weber), The Inn at Eagle Point(Sherryl Woods), Between Everything and Us(Rebecca Paula), The Siren(Tiffany Reisz)
- Knit: Antler Hat
- Crochet: Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket – Row 40