We brought our new addition home yesterday. He’s settling in. Our older dog is actually handling it a lot better than we expected. The cat on the other hand…she’s not too happy about it.
My progress has been a little slower this week for obvious reasons(see above pictures). But, I’ve still been getting things done. I’ll get to that in a bit.
But, first, another snippet from Flames of Retribution. 7 sentences(1+6) from Chapter 1. This is the day after last week’s snippet. This deals with some of Mark’s back story, though.
His fault. Those words had echoed through his head for days. More voices had joined it after the attack. Survivor’s guilt. That’s what the shrink had called it. Mark just called it guilt. Guilt he had earned by being the screw up his father had always said he’d be.
Mark’s guilt and the way he deals with it comes up a few times.
As for my progress for this week so far:
- Love Who You Love – get to 18000 words – 16068/18000. Still on track to meet this goal.
- Flames of Retribution – Read Through – 75% through this. Should finish it tomorrow, then I want to read through 2 short stories that connect with it. Still, not quite sure what I’ll do with them.
- Come Back Down – get to 12000 words – weekend project
- RoW80 Sponsor post – write & submit – got this drafted last night. Still need to read through & revise before I submit it.
- Read: Writing Vivid Settings – get to 30% – 15% through this one
Hope for Him(Sydney Aaliyah Michelle),Crazy Over You(Wendy Sparrow), A Summer Like No Other(Elodie Nowodazkij), Just One Reason(Brooklyn Skye), Off Campus(Amy Jo Cousins), & Heir of Fire(Sarah J Maas) – finished Hope for Him and am 79% through Crazy Over You, which I’m loving.
- Knit: Antler Hat – haven’t made any progress on this beyond what got done over the weekend. Hoping to get to it during the second half of the week.