I mentioned in yesterday’s post, that I was jumping into the Just Jot It January Challenge. Going to do my best to hit every day. I guess this could even count for today’s jotting.
Today’s prompt is frozen. But, it really hasn’t been that frozen yet this year. Well, this season, I should say. My husband’s only had to go up and plow twice this year. Usually he’s done a lot more than that by January.
Yesterday the kids started to watch Frozen. It was about the third movie they’d started for the morning. Part way through the boy decided he didn’t want to watch any more. So, he turned it off. Very nearly started a fight in our house.
And that’s about all I’ve got for that. 😉
It’s the start of a new year and a new round of RoW80. This is the year I plan to publish all the things. Okay, that may be a bit of an overreach. Since, some of that depends on other people getting things back to me. But, I do have several that are at least ready to go to my CP, so then it will just be a matter of revising, getting to betas, and getting them ready to publish.
I, of course, have my goals organized. It seems to be the only way I can do things. First, how I did for this past week. Because, even though RoW80 was on break, I wasn’t.
- Love Who You Love – get to 15000 words – this didn’t happen. I did get to 13416.
Flames of Retribution – 1st revisions– got these done. Ready to start read through Come Back Down – get to 10000 words– got there yesterday. Words were just flowing right along.
- RoW80 Sponsor Post – didn’t make much progress on this. Need to buckle down.
Read: Writing about Villains – finish– finished this. Read: Destiny Unchosen(Lindsay Buroker) & Only Yours (Susan Mallery).Read both of these & also Frostbite(Lynn Rush), Kissing in America(Margo Rabb), Caged Wolf(S.M. Reine), Damned(Cynthia Rayne), Frost Station Alpha: Hunted(Ruby Lionsdrake), & Veiled(Kendra Elliot). Those last two were short. Hunted is the first part of a serial and Veiled is a novella. Finished reading Know Me Well(Kait Nolan) last night. Absolutely loved it. Loom: 2nd Hat– finished this too
Did pretty good for the most part. Only a couple I didn’t quite reach.
Now for new goals for the new round. I posted my goals for the year and for January on Thursday if you want to check those out, too.
- Protecting the Heart(BC Security #2) – this probably won’t be til near end of the round.
- Love Who You Love(Kurztown #3) – finish 1st draft
- By the Gun – finish 1st draft
- Protecting the Heart – write 20k
- Flames of Retribution – Revise to send to CP
- My Way to You – Revise to send to CP
- Flames of Recompense – Organize to revise
- Listen to 6 audiobooks
- Read 75 books
- Read 3 craft/research books
- Knit: 3 projects
- Crochet: 3 projects
- Loom: 3 projects
I shouldn’t really have a problem meeting these. At least I hope not. And to work toward those, my goals for the first week of this round:
- Love Who You Love – get to 18000 words
- Flames of Retribution – Read Through
- Come Back Down – get to 12000 words
- RoW80 Sponsor post – write & submit
- Read: Writing Vivid Settings – get to 30%
- Read: Hope for Him(Sydney Aaliyah Michelle), Crazy Over You(Wendy Sparrow), A Summer Like No Other(Elodie Nowodazkij), Just One Reason(Brooklyn Skye), Off Campus(Amy Jo Cousins), & Heir of Fire(Sarah J Maas)
- Knit: Antler Hat