Hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Christmas. We had a pretty good one. The boy got more Legos(and had already put most of them together. Getting better at doing it himself). The girl got 11 more books(and more dolls, clothes, and toys)I got some new shirts, books, and more gift cards to spend at Amazon. I’m writing this up on Saturday, and we have one more Christmas to go to today.(Edited: that one’s over now too. The boy is happy, he finally got his Optimus Prime that transforms into a truck, and I got another gift card to amazon).
I didn’t even turn my computer on Friday. But, I got ahead on my goals earlier in the week, so I don’t feel bad for taking the day completely off. Though, it was hard actually staying in bed.
Love Who You Love: get to 9000 words(taking Christmas off)– 10107/9000. 5034 words added this week. Flames of Retribution: finish pre-revision steps– got this done too. Ready to start 1st round of revisions on Monday. Come Back Down – get to 8000 words– got here on Saturday Read: Writing about Villains – 45%– got to this
Upside Down(Lia Riley), All Played Out(Cora Carmack), Part-time Cowboy(Maisey Yates), & A Kiss at Midnight(Eloisa James) – Finished Upside Down(really enjoyed), All Played Out(really liked this one, too), and Part-time Cowboy(loved this one). Finished A Kiss at Midnight last night. Had a little trouble getting into it but did end up enjoying it. Loom: Hat– finished this earlier this week, and started another one with a slightly different brim.
A lot of blue this week. Pretty good for even taking a day off. And since this last round of RoW80 ended this week, my quarterly wrap-up(I’ll do the monthly & yearly one next Wednesday, probably).
- Protecting the Heart (BC Security #2) -Outline – this got moved back. I probably won’t start it until March on my new schedule.
Bryan & Leo(Gilbert, CO novella) – outline–
- Rylan & Kirsten (Gilbert, CO novella)
–Outline – this got moved back when I reworked my schedule. Now, it’s on for June Love Who You Love (Kurztown #3) – Outline–
Guarding the Heart – 1st draft– finished this the first week of November.
- Protecting the Heart – 3000 words – set aside until March/April
Some Fools Never Learn – 43000 words– – finished the first draft in two weeks in November Bryan & Leo – 1st draft– finished this before the end of November Let It Begin – 1st draft– – finished this in October.
- Love Who You Love – 18000 words – not quite, but got the first 10k written.
- By the Gun – 40000 words – this one got set aside, too. Will try to pick it back up in March.
Stained Blood – Polish– this is done and ready to go to my CP Chasing the Ghost – Polish– I just finished this last week.
- Flames of Retribution – Polish – ready to start the 1st round of revisions on this.
- Freeing His Heart – Polish –
- Flames of Recompense – Polish –
- Flames of Restoration – 1st revisions –
Into the Sun-yes, and it was accepted and published in the World Unknown Review Just Add Moonlight– submitted, but wasn’t accepted.
Listen/read: 20 books (I’ll read more than this, but that will finish my goal for the year)– 74/20. 19 of those were audio(actually it was more like 28, but I only put down one of the Shadowhunter Academy ones, they were all ~2 hours long). Read: 3 craft/research books– 3.5/3. I’ll finish the fourth one before the end of the month.
Knit: 3 projects– counting my loom projects, I made this goal. Finishing the Cuddly Chevron Blanket took forever.
- Craft: 3 projects – 2/3.
Not too bad considering I changed my goals partway through October. I’ll have goals for the next round up next Sunday.
And my goals for this week (even though ROW80 is currently on break)
- Love Who You Love – get to 15000 words
- Flames of Retribution – 1st revisions
- Come Back Down – get to 10000 words
- RoW80 Sponsor Post
- Read: Writing about Villains – finish
- Read: Destiny Unchosen(Lindsay Buroker) & Only Yours (Susan Mallery)
- Loom: 2nd Hat