We had a good Thanksgiving, and stayed at home on Friday. We did go out Saturday, but surprisingly, Erie wasn’t too crazy.We only made a few stops, but I did take another box of books into the used bookstore, and this time I only walked out with 2 more(probably would have been more but I gave my mom the list of books I still need in series I’m following(which I typed up for when I go to the bookstore, but it was easier to just give this one to her than make another one), so tried to find ones that weren’t on that list). Then, I went to Books-a-Million while my husband was at Gander Mountain & Field & Stream. And I bought Heir of Fire(another one I’d forgotten to put on the list I gave to my mom).
I know, there’s still one more day left in November. But, I’m doing my wrap-up post today anyway. First, I’ll look at how the last week has gone.
My Way to You – write 25000 words(will get me close to the end if not all the way there)– 25000/25000. I’d gotten through all the ‘past’ scenes on Friday, but was still almost 500 words short of my goal. So, I started the first scene that’s back in the present. I have three or four scenes to finish. I’m hoping to get those done tomorrow. Maybe Tuesday.
- Come Back Down – write 1000 words – 869/1000 words. But, I did get up to a total of 4000 words.
Read: Gotta Read It – finish– finished this earlier this week. Read: Instant Temptation(Jill Shalvis) & Living Victim(Stacy Green)– read both of these and also Gone Too Far(Suzanne Brockman), Betting on You(Jessie Evans), Treasured Claim & Unintended Guardian(both by Jami Gold). I started 3 other books last night and ended up setting them all aside. Starting Love, Diamonds, and Spades(Violet Duke) today.
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – Strip 22 – I got through Strip 21, most of that was done yesterday morning.
- Loom: Hat – haven’t worked on this at all. Might get to it later today.
This week has been pretty good. I did change my goals during the month(Is anyone really surprised by this?)
- Love Who You Love(Kurztown #3) – didn’t get to this. I will be working on it next month.
Guarding the Heart – 1st draft– wrote 24506 words and finished this. Some Fools Never Learn – Reach 32000 words– I wrote 44567 words and finished the first draft of this. My Way to You – Reach 21000 words– wrote 25000 words on this and am at just over 32000 words.
- By the Gun – Reach 7000 words – Didn’t work on this at all. According to new schedule, I probably won’t get to it until March.
I also wrote 4000 words on a new side project. Have written over 100,000 words this month.
- Chasing the Ghost: Revise & Polish – I got through the first round of revisions, but set it aside to focus on drafting this month. I’ll be picking it back up next month.
- Flames of Retribution: Organize for revisions – didn’t get to this. On the schedule for next month, though.
- Anything I receive back from CP/Betas – nothing back yet
Read/Listen: 22 books– I listened to 14 books(10 of those the Shadowhunter Academy novellas, each about 2 hours). Read 23 books(5 of those novellas). Read: Gotta Read It(Libbie Hawker)– finished this.
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – getting close to finishing this. and the cat seems to think it’s her bed.
- Crochet: Twist N’ Shout Slouchy Hat – haven’t started this
Loom: Scarf– finished this earlier this month.
Next month, I’ll be focusing on revisions. But, I’m still planning on drafting first thing in the morning. Planning on working on either outlining or writing for 1 hour(or 1000 words) before I switch over to revisions each day.
So, my goals for December:
- Love Who You Love(Kurztown #3)
- Love Who You Love – write 9000 words
- Come Back Down – Write 4000 words
- Chasing the Ghost – Revise & Polish
- Flames of Retribution – 1st Revisions
- Read/listen: 21 books
- Read: The Word-Loss Diet(Rayne Hall)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Hat
- Crochet: Twist N’ Shout Slouchy Hat
- Loom: Hat
Forgot to include next week’s goals. Here they are:
- My Way to You: finish 1st draft
- Chasing the Ghost: Read through
- Come Back Down: add 1000 words
- Read: Word-Loss Diet – 20%
- Read: Love, Diamonds, and Spades(Violet Duke), Meet Me When the Sun Goes Down(Lisa Olsen), Almost Perfect(Susan Mallery), Concealed in Death(J.D. Robb), & Beautiful Little Fool(K.K. Hendin)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – finish