It’s been quite the writing week for me. The first half, I pretty consistently wrote around 3k a day. Actually Monday I had over 4400 words. Tuesday and Wednesday were both 3k days. Then there was Thursday. I hit my 3k goal rather easily, but the words were flowing so I didn’t want to stop. I ended up with 5600 words. That’s a more than excellent day for me. Friday I was determined to finish the first draft, and I did. It took another almost 7500 words. That may be the most I’ve ever written in a day. Overall I wrote over 27k this past week. A little under 25k of that is toward my NaNoWriMo goal. I felt a little drained after that so have mostly spent the weekend reading & relaxing.
Thursday we had parent-teacher conferences for both kids. Basically we were told that both of them are wonderful. The boy got satisfactory marks(it’s either satisfactory or Needs Improvement) for social development, which is what his sister had more trouble with. Only things we need to work with him on are letter sounds and writing his name(though that’s getting better, too). The girl is doing really well in 2nd grade. High scores in math & reading(97 & 99), 102 in word study(b/c they get bonus words), and 84 in writing. Which sounds low, but her teacher said she has one of the highest scores in the class.
Last night they stayed with grandma and we went to see my husband’s friends’ band play at a local bar. Had a good time, then today we went to see The Peanuts movie. It was cute and the kids really seemed to enjoy it.
Now, for how I did this week:
Guarding the Heart – finish 1st draft– like I said, I finished this on Friday. Ended up a little short of 95k. Not bad when I thought it would only be 80k. Not sure I’m completely happy with the final confrontation scenes, but I can fix that in revisions.
- Chasing the Ghost – 1st revisions – I haven’t worked on this since Wednesday. Still have 11 chapters to get through.
Read: Gotta Read It – 25%– got through this Read: The Heiress Effect(Courtney Milan), Bringing Home the Bad Boy(Jessica Lemmon), Hot On Her Heels(Susan Mallery), Forever Grace(Linda Poitevin), & Lucky In Love(Jill Shalvis)– read all of these. Enjoyed them. Really loved Forever Grace (have been looking forward to Sean’s story almost since I read Gwynneth Ever After) and Lucky in Love (I have such a weakness for the ex-military characters). Started reading Soul Enslaved (Keri Lake). I also finished listening to Time’s Divide (Rysa Walker). I loved this series. Now listening to In Rides Trouble (Julie Ann Walker)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – Get through Strip 19 – Made it through strip 18. Like revisions, this feel to the side while I was finishing drafting.
- Loom: Hat – haven’t worked on this at all.
- I also started a sequel for Into the Sun. Basically pantsing this as I did the first one.
So, it’s been a pretty good week. Now, on to next week:
- Some Fools Never Learn – add 15000 words
- Chasing the Ghost – finish 1st revisions
- Come Back Down(Into the Sun sequel) – add 1000 words
- Read: Gotta Read It – 50%
- Read: Soul Enslaved (Keri Lake), Luck on the Line(Zoraida Cordova), Whatever Life Throws at You(Julie Cross), Captive Films episodes 1-3(Jillian Dodd), and Getting Rowdy (Lori Foster)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket -halfway through strip 21
- Loom: Hat