Wednesday again. This week has been going pretty well. Getting a lot of rain today. And wind. In fact it broke the umbrella this morning when I was walking back up to the house from getting the kids on the bus. Thought I could fix it easily enough, but the slide piece went all the way up, and it won’t come back down. Waiting until the last minute to go wait for boy’s bus to get here so I won’t have to get to wet.
Now, for my WiPPet snippet. Working on (well, worked since I finished 1st draft – WOOHOO) Let It Begin today, so I’m sharing 29(1+0+28) sentences from what I wrote this morning.
“You already are what I need.”
“I can’t be,” she said. “You don’t need someone who might have a break down in the middle of the street because she thinks she saw her dead husband. Or who has a flashback to him hitting her because someone touches her shoulder, or she hears a raised voice. That’s not what you need, Patrick.”
“Don’t tell me what I need.” His voice was soft, but there was steel in it, too. “I’ve known what I’ve needed since I was seventeen years old. I tried to need something else when I couldn’t have it, but it’s never changed. If you break down, I’ll help you put the pieces back together. If you flash back, I’ll help pull you back here. If you hear his voice, tell me and I’ll do my best to drown it out.”
She could feel the moisture on her face even though she hadn’t realized she’d started crying. “Patrick-”
He shook his head, though, and took both of her hands. “That’s not why I came here, but you need to know. Maybe I wasn’t strong enough for you back then. I am now. I won’t ever raise my hand to you, or try to diminish who you are. I will never choose a night drinking in the bar to spending time with you. I won’t degrade you, and I’ll never abandon you. I love you, Natalie. I have for thirty-five years, and I will until the day I die. But, I’ll never ask you for more than you’re ready to give. You have to know that.”
She stepped toward him and laid her head on his shoulder. “I want to give you everything, but that frightens me.”
“Then just give me what you can for right now. You don’t have to be frightened.”
And now for my progress so far this week.
By the Gun – get to 3000 words– 4236/3000 words. Only 1925 of these were new words. The others came from the last attempt at this. Still counting them. And the new words came easier than any of the ones from that previous attempt. Hoping that’s a good sign. Some Fools Never Learn – reach 16000 words– 16687/16000 words. These words came quite easily too. Let It Begin – finish 1st draft– wrote 2937 words and the end on this today.
- My Way to You – reach 6000 words – tomorrow’s project
- Guarding the Heart – reach 70000 words – Friday’s project
- Chasing the Ghost – revision note cards – I got through chapter 6/27 yesterday. A little behind where I’d like to be, but hoping to catch up this afternoon.
- Just Add Moonlight – Finish revisions & submit – Saturday project
- Read: 2k-5k – at 90%.
- Read: Into the Devil’s Underground, Cutting Edge(Allison Brennan), Foolproof(Jennifer Blackwood), The Heiress Effect(Courtney Milan), & Bringing Home the Bad Boy(Jessica Lemmon) – didn’t get to any of these yet. Still working through my reread of the Living on the Edge series by Roni Loren. Almost done with it. About halfway through Yours All Along then just have Call On Me to read and can start Break Me Down, which came out yesterday.
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – haven’t really worked on this at all this week. But it’s still technically in progress