Time for another Weekend Writing Warriors, the blog hop for everyone who likes to write. I’m continuing on with Into the Sun. Procrastinating on that final read through before I submit it. Have to do that before the end of the month, though. For now, here’s another 10 sentences from shortly after last week’s.
I walked across the porch. I stopped myself when I reached for the doorknob. This wasn’t my home anymore. Instead, I lifted my hand and knocked. Instantly my stomach coiled into tight knots.
What would I see when she opened the door? Would she even speak to me? Would she shut the door in my face? Beg me to stay? I hated not knowing what to expect.
What will he find when the door opens? Hang around, and you might find out next week. ☺
It’s been a rainy chilly week here. Not nearly as rainy as some places, but enough. Not complaining too much, it’s not snow yet. And is not the 80+ degrees we had in September. I like it somewhere in the middle.
We got the kids’ Halloween costumes last weekend. Doing good as we usually wait until the last minute. Last year we had Elsa & Olaf. This year, we’ll have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Donatello) and a rainbow fairy. They picked out the costumes themselves (well the boy just wanted to be a ninja turtle and that was the one they had in his size).
I’ve been working on the best routine for getting all my wiring/editing done and also everything else (chores, social media, crafting. ..). I’m thinking I’ll go back to the#wordmongering/editmongering schedule. For anyone who doesn’t follow this hashtag on twitter, wordmongering is a writing sprint that starts at the top of the hour, goes for half an hour, then break for the second half of the hour. So, I’ll be doing that in the morning, then switching it around in the afternoon for my editing. In the times between, I can get chores and other things done. We’ll see how this works.
I posted my October goals on Thursday, and will be posting my ROW80 goals below. First this is how I’ve done the last week:
Write 12k words across writing projects (would be more but 1 is still in plotting stage)– 13871/12000. Wrote over 3k each day through Wednesday. Thursday’s project (standalone western) has been giving me trouble from the start and I only got about 1100 words on it. Friday I did a little better on Let It Begin with over 2300 words.
- Stained Blood – 1st round revisions. If time: read through – I’m almost finished with revisions. Adding in a new scene then I have 8 more to revise. Hoping to finish those Monday then I can start the read through. May even be able to start 2nd revisions next week.
- Into the Sun:
Finish proofreading& submit – I finished doing the proofreading last Sunday. Still want to do another read through before I submit it, though. Read: Take Off Your Pants – finish– finished this on Monday. Going to try out this method and see how it works for me. Read: Bone Gap, Between (Megan Whitmer),Dust of the Dead Sea (Angela Kulig) – I also read Six of Crows (Leigh Bardugo) and loved it. I finished it Thursday night and was still thinking about it Friday morning so started listening to the audio of it. Haven’t had a book hangover that bad in a while. I have started reading Bare It All (Lori Foster).
- ROW80 sponsor post – have this drafted. Need to read through and revise it before I submit, though.
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – Still making slow progress on this
And my goals for the next round:
- Protecting the Heart (BC Security #2) -Outline
- Bryan & Leo(Gilbert, CO novella) – outline
- Rylan & Kirsten (Gilbert, CO novella) – Outline
- Love Who You Love (Kurztown #3) – Outline
- Guarding the Heart – 1st draft
- Protecting the Heart – 3000 words
- Some Fools Never Learn – 43000 words
- Bryan & Leo – 1st draft
- Let It Begin – 1st draft
- Love Who You Love – 18000 words
- By the Gun – 40000 words
- Stained Blood – Polish
- Chasing the Ghost – Polish
- Flames of Retribution – Polish
- Freeing His Heart – Polish
- Flames of Recompense – Polish
- Flames of Restoration – 1st revisions
- Into the Sun
- Just Add Moonlight
- Listen/read: 20 books (I’ll read more than this, but that will finish my goal for the year)
- Read: 3 craft/research books
- Knit: 3 projects
- Craft: 3 projects
And for this week:
- Write 12k words
- Outline Bryan & Leo
- Into the Sun – Submit
- Just Add Moonlight – Read Through & Revision Notes
- Read: 2k-10k – 35%
- Read: Bare It All (Lori Foster), Instant Gratification (Jill Shalvis), Inflame (Tessa Teevan), Just a Little Crush (Renita Pizzitola), Someday Girl (Melanie Shawn)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – Strip 18