Time for another installment of Weekend Writing Warriors, the blog hop for anyone who likes to write. I’m moving along here in Into the Sun. This is a few scenes pay what I’ve been sharing. 10 sentences.
I stood across the street from the house I’d grown up in, but I saw it from new eyes now. I used to dread coming home from school, like I walked straight toward my personal torture chamber. Everything about it had felt dark.
Now, I looked and didn’t see any of that. It was just a house. Only four walls and a roof. The house itself was painted a light blue, white shutters around the windows. The front porch drooped slightly. Henry had talked the last couple years about ripping it out and putting in a new one.
He never had, and he’d made that my fault somehow.
So, why is Trace back at that house? What is he going to do? Hang around, and I just might tell you. 😉
This weekend was our town’s Homecoming. We took the kids to the football game Friday night. Started to leave after the 3rd quarter when we were losing 26-0. Husband ended up talking to someone on our way out for the last quarter, during which the other team scored another touchdown. So, yeah, that was bad. Saturday was the homecoming parade. Kids got a bunch of candy, we had lunch (pulled pork – yum) at our church then the kids jumped in the bounce house for a while. Then we went to the library book sale. 5 books for $1.28 (what I had left in my wallet) MiL bought the kids some books, too (11 between them).
the girl has another birthday party to go to today. I’m looking forward to the week to stay to recoup from all the betting around people.
This round of Row80 is over, but I’m still taking my goals. I will be for next week too, because that’s just how I work.
- Guarding the Heart(BC Security #1) – add 9000 words – I was really close on this. 8948 words. I’d wanted to get it above 54k, and I did manage that. So it’s a semi win
- By the Gun (western standalone) – 6000 words – not so close on this one. 3552 words. It’s been a slow start on this one.
- Stained Blood (Stained #3) –
revision note cards. If time: 1st revisions – got the note cards finished on Thursday. Only got through 1 chapter of revisions. Not because there was a lot to do, but I lost motivation. Going to find it so I can get these done.
- Into the Sun – finish proofreading & submit – got through a little more proofreading yesterday. Hoping to do more today.
- Read: Take Off Your Pants – I’m 95% through this.
Read: Wings (Aprilynne Pike), Heartless (L.S Engler ), On the Fence(Kasie West), & Openly Straight (Bill Konigsberg)– finished these. Loved On the Fence and Openly Straight. Reading Bone Gap (Laura Ruby) now.
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – still making progress. Still not even halfway finished with it.
Making good progress even if I haven’t crossed a lot off the list. Hoping for even more next week
- Write 12k words across writing projects (would be more but 1 is still in plotting stage)
- Stained Blood – 1st round revisions. If time: read through
- into the Sun: Finish proofreading & submit
- Read: Take Off Your Pants – finish
- Read: Bone Gap, Between (Megan Whitmer), Dust off the Dead Sea (Angela Kulig)
- ROW80 sponsor post
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket