Welcome back for another installment of Weekend Writing Warriors, the blog hop for anyone who loves to write. Still sharing from Into the Sun, this is a little farther on from last week’s. Trace is asking Icarus why he never tried to find them.
“I never knew about you, Trace. I did try to find her. But, apparently the old man, whose name was not Grady by the way, hid her away before he kicked the bucket. If Hawk wasn’t so good at sniffing people out, I may not have found her now.”
“What do you mean his name wasn’t Grady? Mom said-”
“My name is Grady,” Icarus interrupted me. “So was my father, so technically she didn’t lie. Grady Evan Hartson. She named you after me.”
Saturday afternoon we took the kids to see the Minions movie in the theater. It was the boy’s first time, but the girl had gone before for a friend’s birthday. They knew they were going to grandma’s, but we hadn’t told them about the movie. Well, the girl didn’t take the surprise to well. She finally calmed down when grandma showed up at the theater too. Just have to remember she doesn’t take surprises/changes to plans very well. They both enjoyed it. I dropped my large container of popcorn when we got to our seats, so I felt like an idiot, but it was still a good time. Then grandma took them to her house and is keeping them overnight, so we actually get an adult night out. Going to a local bar to see a friend of my husband’s band play(I’m actually typing this up before we go, so no details on how that is).
So, this week has been pretty good. Though, you wouldn’t know from looking at my word count spreadsheet. According to it, I’ve written a negative number of words. This is normal when I’m in the middle of revisions. I’ll be drafting a new story this coming week, so I’ll actually have new words this time.
- Scars and All:
Read Through. Possibly: 2nd revisions.If time: start polishing round – I finished the read through, revisions, and 2/3 through the polishing round. I’ll put this aside this week while I draft Let It Begin, then pick it back up the following week.
- Leo & Bryan – keep plotting – haven’t done anything on this while trying to stay caught up on everything else.
- Into the Sun: proofread & submit – I did a little proofreading yesterday morning. Going to do more today, but may not have it finished and ready to submit until next weekend.
Read: Take Off Your Pants – 45%– did get to this point.
- Read: Sweetest Mistake(Candis Terry), Run the Risk(Lori Foster), The Klaus Brothers set(Penny Watson), & Hot Head(Damon Suede) – really enjoyed Sweetest Mistake and Run the Risk. Just started the Klaus Brothers set. Nothing like reading Christmas stories when is still warm out(okay, not so warm this weekend as it’s rainy and windy, but it has been warm). May not get to Hot Head this week.
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – I’ve made some progress on this but not nearly as much as I’d wanted to.
So goals for next week:
- Let It Begin – 25k (that’s 5k a day. I should be able to get this, but we’ll see)
- Leo & Bryan – finish back stories
- Into the Sun – finish proofreading & submit
- Read: Take Off Your Pants – 70%
- Read: Hot Head(Damon Suede), The Falconer (Elizabeth May), Wings (Aprilynne Pike), & Heartless (L.S. Engler)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket