Welcome to another edition of Weekend Writing Warriors, the blog hop for anyone who likes to write. Today I have 8 sentences from a little farther on from where I left off last week. Trace has just handed Icarus a picture he took from an old photo album his mom had.
He took it, unfolding it. “God, this takes me back,” he said. “When did you find out?”
“That Henry Kearns wasn’t my father? Since I was fifteen. That you were? When you said she told you that you flew too close to the sun. She told me the same thing when I was leaving.”
My son’s birthday was Thursday. The big 5. It was also 9 years since my father-in-law passed away. Yeah, it’s a bittersweet day. We gave the boy his gifts that night, but we’re having his actual party this afternoon. Oh yay, people in my house again (this is the problem with kids’ birthdays being so close. 2 parties in a month).
Planning on going out on the bike with husband tomorrow, though, so that should help drain some of the anxiety.
As for this week’s goals:
- Scars and All:
Finish revisions,Possibly: read through, if still time: 2nd revisions – I did get revisions finished on Friday. I cut over 5 in scenes then assured a little more than 6k in new words. Into the Sun: revisions– finished these yesterday. Added almost 400 words. Still need to proofread, though. Read: Take Off Your Pants(Libbie Hawker) – outlining book before anyone asks. 😉– 20% through. Read: Turning Pointe, Against the Law(Kat Martin), The Demon in the Wood(Leigh Bardugo), & Winning Streak(Katie Kenyhercz)– enjoyed everything(though was a little disappointed that Demon in the Wood ended at 45%. The rest was an excerpt for Six of Crows, which I am really looking forward to, especially after that excerpt). I finished Winning Streak today and started Sweetest Mistake (Candis Terry).
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket making slow progress on this. I don’t know why I forget every time how time consuming blankets are. One of these days I might remember.
- Also working on plotting out the first of 2 novellas I plan to write for NaNoWriMo this year (yes, I’m going to be a bit of a rebel). I have the brainstorming done and the first back story written out. Leo’s story took me a little by surprise and even broke my heart a bit. I’ll keep working on this when I have everything else finished.
Now, for next week’s goals:
- Scars and All: Read Through. Possibly: 2nd revisions. If time: start polishing round
- Leo & Bryan – keep plotting
- Into the Sun: proofread & submit
- Read: Take Off Your Pants – 45%
- Read: Sweetest Mistake(Candis Terry), Run the Risk(Lori Foster), The Klaus Brothers set(Penny Watson), & Hot Head(Damon Suede)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket