Welcome to another installment of Weekend Writing Warriors, the blog hop for anyone who likes to write. I’m still sharing from Into the Sun. Today, I have nine sentences from near the beginning of the next scene(skipped the first two sentences of the scene). Another new character shows up in this one.
”Birdie,” he said, “what have I said about flying in the house?”
The light giggle had another part of me stiffening. God, what was wrong with me? She didn’t sound like she could be older than fifteen, and I’d just turned eighteen. That was all kinds of wrong.
“I’d heard you were home. I missed you, Dad.”
Dad. And, if I was right about Icarus, that made what I felt even more kinds of wrong.
Oh, young…lust. And Trace may be jumping to a couple conclusions that just might not be quite correct. 🙂
The week’s been going pretty well for me. Getting stuff done. Friday night we went up to Erie and each got new phones. I got the Samsung Note 5. I do like being able to actually write right on the phone, but it’s taking a little getting used to. Spent yesterday morning installing and logging into my apps. Also, they were having a promotion for buying Samsung phones. So we each got a “free” tablet. Still had to pay an activation fee & a monthly fee for adding the line, but that’s it. So, I have that to play around with now, too.
Yesterday was also my cousin’s wedding. She’s 8 years younger than me, but it’s still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact she’s old enough to get married. Which is silly, but still. It was a pretty nice wedding. Rather laidback. Very country.
cups at the reception.
- Flames of Justice – 1st round of revisions. Possibly: start read through. If still have time: 2nd round of revisions – finished this. Also got revisions note cards for Scars and All finished. And ready to start revisions on Monday.
- Into the Sun – Read through & revision plan – haven’t started yet, but there’s still today.
- Read: GMC: Goal, Motivation, Conflict – finish – finished reading this.
- Also read: Banshee’s Revenge(Victoria Richards), Descent(J.R. Pearse Nelson), and Tough Love(Skye Warren). And started Turning Pointe(Katherine Locke)
Still one more day left in the month, but I’m going to do my wrap-up today anyway.
- Demons Rising – finish revisons & polish(this may be a bit of a reach. Depends on how long it takes to get through 1st round of revisions) – I got all this done & Flames of Justice & started Scars and All.
- Revise anything I get back from CP/Beta – didn’t get anything back.
- Guarding the Heart get through Chapter 20 – decided to set this aside. I’ll get back to it sometime, though.
- Into the Sun – finish 1st draft & revise* – finished the first draft, but just starting the read through.
- Listen/Read: 16 books – listened to 5/read 24
- Read 1 craft/research book – read Goal, Motivation, Conflict(Debra Dixon)
A lot more blue than red for August. That always makes for a good month. So, my goals for September:
- Scars and All – have it polished up by the end of the month
- Stained Blood – depending on time: start revisions
- Into the Sun – revisions
- Listen/read: 16 books(even though I’ve already met my 3rd quarter goal of 49 books)
- Read 1 craft book
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket
- Crochet: Twist’N Shout Slouchy Hat
And for this week:
- Scars and All: Finish revisions, Possibly: read through, if still time: 2nd revisions
- Into the Sun: revisions
- Read: Take Off Your Pants(Libbie Hawker) – outlining book before anyone asks. 😉
- Read: Turning Pointe, Against the Law(Kat Martin), The Demon in the Wood(Leigh Bardugo), & Winning Streak(Katie Kenyhercz)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket